would this be safe? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-12-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default would this be safe?

So I started a new account and am selling a couple coupons I had lying around. New IP, credit card (real card, not gift or vcc), pp, slight change in address and name. So far, I'm still okay.

so here is my question. If I start selling something completely different, non-brand name, $5 items (bought from china for $.30) as my main thing and once in a while throw in a designer item (authentic), would it be okay? I think my problem in the past was that I only sold the designer items and it would set off alarm bells (even though authentic) with ebay. Made them twitchy, I think. I'm thinking ratio of maybe something like 10:1 or 20:1. What do you think? I've noticed that other designer sellers that have remained seem to dilute their items.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-12-2007
Threadstarter  

absolute authentics. Direct from Italy. items are declared, inspected and passed through customs
Old 09-12-2007
Threadstarter  

not true. I've had listings pulled by other people (not vero), I'm guessing either competitors or people who sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ renditions of my real ones (my photos to authenticate can make ⊗⊗⊗⊗ sellers twitchy, I suppose). I complained to ebay and their response was that they are not experts and so they go by other people's "expertise". Totally lame.

Original suspension didn't have anything to do with these items though... it was a linked account to someone at work. Ebay didn't care (surprise!).

Ebay doesn't like it if you put up too many high end items at once, I guess until you have an old account (learned this the hard way). I didn't start originally selling until my account was about 3 years old. Don't know really when you pass the "safe" mark with designer items.
Old 09-12-2007
jm3262

Longevity: 0%

HI- same with me. I was collecting for years and then selling ROlex Memorobilia, boxes/cases/shirts/caps,ect. ROLEX themselves wrote a ltr to ebay. Apparently. Ebay says cases/boxes are for others to place illegal goods in them, ebay not ok, but Vero was. Then I had a Rolex clock from a local Rolexs dealer, bids got to $1200, ebay pulled, Vero said NO Dealer mdse allowed. So, ebay was ok with clocks but rolex not. They say that mdse not for general public?? So, sometimes EVEN with a letter from the Vero Owner, ebay T&S still cancels, I got 3 strikes in 3.5 wks, and done, no appeals. was 5 yr+ member 2700+ fb, 0 negs. Go figure?
Old 09-12-2007

Longevity: 96%

They lay out the rules they want you to follow...well almost all of them and then they bust you for something they just came up with!
Old 09-12-2007
Banned

The problem with selling Rolex boxes is that scammers will often buy them and put ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Rolex watches in them. This may not be a problem for you, the person who's selling real Rolex boxes, but it's a BIG problem for ebay and buyers who get scammed thousands and thousands on the watches. It's kind of a protection thing, better ban the sale of Rolex boxes and let some sellers lose a few bucks in those sales, than have scam artists rip people off of thousands of dollars. Agree with the principle behind it or not, it kinda makes sense.
Old 09-12-2007
Banned

It has to be some way to overcome this. Especially if all the other sellers is selling this left and right all day without getting touched by ebay..
Old 09-12-2007

In the case of Rolex boxes, I put one up BIN and it sold in 1/2 hour, buyer paid immeadiately and then a couple of hours later the listing got removed due to an "encouraging infringement" violation.

Okay, I can see that, but all I was selling was the box and they left about 50 others untouched, that included papers,etc that were clearly there to use to pass a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ off as real.
Old 09-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa1 View Post
so here is my question. If I start selling something completely different, non-brand name, $5 items (bought from china for $.30) as my main thing and once in a while throw in a designer item (authentic), would it be okay? I'm thinking ratio of maybe something like 10:1 or 20:1. What do you think? I've noticed that other designer sellers that have remained seem to dilute their items.
You are right in my opinion and experience! Dilution is the key. You can usually be safe with a 3:1...so 10:1 or greater should keep you out of the heat. Throw in a couple pairs of old shoes or dolls to keep 'em really off your scent.
Old 09-13-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa1 View Post
not true.
Original suspension didn't have anything to do with these items though... it was a linked account to someone at work. Ebay didn't care (surprise!).
I think it take more to get linked by just a IP address. Unless, you and the other person were selling the same type of products.

Am I right Tcho?
Old 09-13-2007

Just checked, the lady who sells ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and ebay seems to love her has done 1345 sales this month so far and even single item is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
They know about her and don't care what she does.
Same rules do not apply for everyone.