My Plan to get back on EBay....again - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-12-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default My Plan to get back on EBay....again

Hello everyone, I've browsed this site for a couple of weeks and decided it's finally time to post. I was suspended a few weeks ago for my feedback rating. The items i sold were from a liqudiation from a retail chain. Some items worked, some didn't. I put that info in my auctions and that the items were being sold "as is" well i still got negative feed back, so much that ebay suspended my account.All i have to do to be reinstated (again) is resolve the complaints. Honestly i don't want to deal with the customers. So i've decided to go this way to get back on. I've come up with a plan based on what i've read in aspkin's guide and what i've read on this forum. Please check it out and let me know what i can improve on. Thanks

1. Clear Cookies, browser ect

2. Change IP address, Comcast told me in order to change ips i had to go to the local office here and pick up a USB cable and disk. That would change the IP.

3. New Email account

4. Get a PO Box or mail box from mailboxes ect.

5. Get a prepaid credit card

6. Sign into new ebay account with different name, address.

So far that's my plan, i'm am unsure if i can still use the same bidpay account or if i should get another one.I'm also looking at getting a merch account.
BTW...Paypal sucks camel tits and there is no way i'm going back. If there is anything i've left out or something you want to comment on please do. Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-12-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

welcome aboard...

you seem to get the picture but the po box idea is a waste of money...if you need to take money orders make sure that you tell your buyers to email you first before sending money order or payment will be lost.

also..start selling slowly for the first 30 days...too many high priced items right off the bat will catch ebay's attention and they will close your account.
Old 09-12-2007

whats ur username so i can bid on your items
Old 09-12-2007

I don't know if posting a user ID here is a good idea.
BTW what is considered a high priced item?
$250, $500?
I have some items that I would like to start selling in that range...closing in on 30 days for one account.
Old 09-12-2007
Banned

Price doesn't play as much of a factor as people think. It's not just about price, it's about the risk factor. So you could be selling an iphone and have it priced for a buck, but the filters will detect it before it's a high risk item or in a high risk category. Same for lots of other electronic items, or anything which has lots of fraud associated with it. Not to say that price doesn't matter, because that'll flag it too, but the risk is more important than price.

Also the age of the account doesn't really matter much. If you're selling a high price or high risk item and it's your first time selling, you'd probably get flagged. Of course you'd probably be bumped higher in the priority list if your account was brand new as opposed to if your account was 60 days old and you had purchased or sold a couple of legitimate items.
Old 09-12-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

So what is considered a high risk item? Ad when an account is flagged does Ebay workers actually looks at the listing to determine the outcome?
Old 09-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
Price doesn't play as much of a factor as people think. It's not just about price, it's about the risk factor. So you could be selling an iphone and have it priced for a buck, but the filters will detect it before it's a high risk item or in a high risk category. Same for lots of other electronic items, or anything which has lots of fraud associated with it. Not to say that price doesn't matter, because that'll flag it too, but the risk is more important than price.

Also the age of the account doesn't really matter much. If you're selling a high price or high risk item and it's your first time selling, you'd probably get flagged. Of course you'd probably be bumped higher in the priority list if your account was brand new as opposed to if your account was 60 days old and you had purchased or sold a couple of legitimate items.

So are you saying in your opinion if I go ahead and list something for $99 and it is not a high-risk (possibly stolen or VERO targted) item and my account is more than a month old with 4 pos. FBs that I should be OK?
Old 09-12-2007

you should be able to keep your account if you sell bootleg dvd movies hhehe

i think they target everything... sometimes i wonder how items are still up and the seller is still registered?

would that be because the seller is sleeping with a ebay director?

e
Old 09-12-2007
Banned

"So what is considered a high risk item? Ad when an account is flagged does Ebay workers actually looks at the listing to determine the outcome?"

The quick answer to the first question: Lots of things The list is huge, and things are always being added on. Anything of high value of course is high risk, things which are really popular, electronic items, luxury brands, it can even be things such as soccer jerseys (tons of fraud on those), certain clothing lines, shoes, etc etc. A high risk item, simply defined, is one where we see lots of fraud or potential fraud around.

When an account is flagged, as I've mentioned in other posts, an ebay worker looks at the listings and at the account as a whole. There're basically checklists which we work down and check off if an account matches a certain proof, then we add up their 'score' and see where they fit. There are positive and negative proofs. Example of a positive proof: IP matches contact information. Example of a negative proof: Significantly underpriced Buy It Now for high priced item. Common sense stuff really. CSR goes through the list, tool tells 'em what to do
Old 09-12-2007
Banned

So basically a high risk item is anything that is hot and sells. that is so lame. anything and everything on Ebay is a high risk item for the most part.

There are millions of listings to be checked, how do you all get though the whole list??? There isnt that many CRS is it...?

And that explains why Powersellers always get away. They are at the bottom of the list and the Ebay workers probably never get to them in time or just flat out ignore them and work on other newer accounts.
Old 09-12-2007

I guess I don't really have a "big" problem if EB were to simply remove the listings, but to use an arbitrary formula to knock you off the site and in many cases bring a person's livelihood to a screaching halt is ridiculous.

Or we are kicking you out of here...we don't quite know why, don't try to sneak back in and if you do, don't do what you did before...which was ... well, we don't exactly know.
Old 09-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijusdek View Post

4. Get a PO Box or mail box from mailboxes ect.

5. Get a prepaid credit card

6. Sign into new ebay account with different name, address.

A PO Box is a big hit in negitive weight with eBay

Pre-paid credit cards are going down like the red barron as of late...so have aback up here.

And a new name and address is great...but where you gonna get them (beg, borrow or steal)
Old 09-13-2007

I think it has been mentioned here that the PO box should be one through a service so it has a street number in addition to the box#...would appear more like an apartment complex, etc than a PO box itself
Old 09-13-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthdog View Post
A PO Box is a big hit in negitive weight with eBay

Pre-paid credit cards are going down like the red barron as of late...so have aback up here.

And a new name and address is great...but where you gonna get them (beg, borrow or steal)

I'm moving in a month, and i can use my gf info.
Old 09-14-2007

Default note for tcho

you mentioned that positive checking is if ip matches, I change my ip regulary. Is this a bad thing?

Anyone - Should I be keeping the same IP, can I be traced through my computer.

thanks
Old 09-14-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
you mentioned that positive checking is if ip matches, I change my ip regulary. Is this a bad thing?

Anyone - Should I be keeping the same IP, can I be traced through my computer.

thanks
Unless you change your Ip address everyday.. it won't matter.
Old 09-14-2007

use ipbuger and just keep a log of what your Ip is before you visit PP or EB.

I have been having modem troubles lately and resetting 4 or 5 times a day.
It doesn't always change the IP amd I have noticed since I started to monitor my IP that I don't necessarly get different one each time.

There are maybe about 10 different IPs in my case that cycle randomly.
It is not really an issue for me right now because
I am only using one account right now for PP and EB, but if I wanted to hop betweeb accounts it could be a problem.