eBay required VAT number for stealth acct - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-12-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default eBay required VAT number for stealth acct

Hi,

I bought ebay accounts from "Play" and they have been working good.

Today eBay send me a message requiring me to add "VAT" number.

Here is my account details:
1.)UK ebay + UK paypal
2.)Working good for UK dropshipping warehouse
3.)I have a dropshipping center in Germeny, so, I created listings in ebay.de, setting the item location to be in Germany.
4.)After 1 items sold in ebay.de, several days later, I received a message from ebay saying:
You haven't provided the German VAT tax certificate required by 22f UStG.
For this reason, we've placed the following restrictions on your ebay accounts:
`you can't create any new listings with on ebay.de
`you can't create any new listings with Germany as the item location
To lift these restrictions please send us your German VAT certificate as required by.....

My questions are:
1.) How to avaid VAT requirement from eBay when I have dropshipping in Germany please?
2.) If I buy German eBay accounts, will such accounts work for the German dropshipping please?

Any ideas or suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Cheers

Last edited by Chance; 12-12-2019 at 11:15 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-12-2019

Longevity: 31%
Default Re: eBay required VAT number for stealth acct

option 1) private account. as long you have a private account they wont ask for it. after a while they will ask you to swich to buissnes
option 2) do not use ebay.de and do not choose germany as itemlocation.
option 3) make a company and request the paper

there is no difference in which country the account is registred. if you sell in ebay.de and itemlocation is germany you will get asked for that paper. even if you sell in ebay.co.uk and itemlocation is germany they will ask you for that.

ebay.de and UK as location will be the same result.

ebay.co.uk and UK as location they will ask for that after you sell for 100.000 EUR to Germany. (but they will ask you for the UK equivalent paper)

https://community.ebay.de/ebay07/att...1/IMG_1527.jpg

you can try to draw your own. here is a sample (you can find it in google so i would sguuest to change everything if you try that)

https://www.berlin.de/sen/finanzen/s...kel.662628.php
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to burbur For This Useful Post:
Chance (12-12-2019), Hooli (06-18-2020), rave40 (01-03-2020)
Old 12-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbur View Post
option 1) private account. as long you have a private account they wont ask for it. after a while they will ask you to swich to buissnes

there is no difference in which country the account is registred. if you sell in ebay.de and itemlocation is germany you will get asked for that paper. even if you sell in ebay.co.uk and itemlocation is germany they will ask you for that.

ebay.de and UK as location will be the same result.

ebay.co.uk and UK as location they will ask for that after you sell for 100.000 EUR to Germany. (but they will ask you for the UK equivalent paper)

https://community.ebay.de/ebay07/att...1/IMG_1527.jpg

you can try to draw your own. here is a sample (you can find it in google so i would sguuest to change everything if you try that)

https://www.berlin.de/sen/finanzen/s...kel.662628.php
Hi Burbur,
It's very kind of you to provide me so much useful details.

------l think this would be my best option, I did google search and I think your "after a while" refers to the yearly turn over of the theshold, as long as I control the amount not to exceed to that amount, then I can keep on selling as a private account without facing VAT issues.

------Yes this really works if my another dropshipping center not in Germany, I am not sure if I play a trick that my ebay listing's location to be in UK while I ship from German in fact, will eBay kills the accounts or not.

------Yes this fits for non-stealth accounts.

Thanks burbur
Old 12-12-2019

about 1)
the threshold is 17.500 EUR. after you reach it you are getting a mail on the 1st of the next month saying you have 28 days to upgrade to buissnes. It is always at the 1st and it can be more than 17.500 EUR.

After those 28 days are over they either block you from listing on ebay.de OR they send you a new message which is exactly the same as the old one and they give you again 28 days. on some accs i had it 3 times in a row before they finnaly blocked me.

When they block you you can switch to buissnes and continue selling until they block you for not providing the certificiate 22f. this usually takes less than 1 month.

Big disadvantage of selling as a private seller is you can only list 9 items in buyout (i am talking about the itemquantity). So if you listed 9 and 8 of them are sold you can not increase the quantity of the item back to 3 for example since it would exeed 9. You need to make a new listing (and people love to see 200 sold for example).

about 2)

I use UK accounts to sell in germany with and i choose itemlocation in germany but ship from another EU country and my paypal is from anothoer country aswell. Some clients do not like that but with ebay there is no problem.

about 3)

when you change from a private to a buissnes account it requiers you to enter buissnes information. the buissnesowner can be a different person thatn the account owner. so you can request the paper, trade on a personal account and when you upgrade it to a buissnes account you will just use the information which you have on the paper. check fiver there are many people offering to do the paperwork to request it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burbur For This Useful Post:
Chance (12-13-2019), Samy911 (10-07-2020)
Old 12-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
about 1)
the threshold is 17.500 EUR. after you reach it you are getting a mail on the 1st of the next month saying you have 28 days to upgrade to buissnes. It is always at the 1st and it can be more than 17.500 EUR.

After those 28 days are over they either block you from listing on ebay.de OR they send you a new message which is exactly the same as the old one and they give you again 28 days. on some accs i had it 3 times in a row before they finnaly blocked me.

When they block you you can switch to buissnes and continue selling until they block you for not providing the certificiate 22f. this usually takes less than 1 month.

Big disadvantage of selling as a private seller is you can only list 9 items in buyout (i am talking about the itemquantity). So if you listed 9 and 8 of them are sold you can not increase the quantity of the item back to 3 for example since it would exeed 9. You need to make a new listing (and people love to see 200 sold for example).

about 2)

I use UK accounts to sell in germany with and i choose itemlocation in germany but ship from another EU country and my paypal is from anothoer country aswell. Some clients do not like that but with ebay there is no problem.

about 3)

when you change from a private to a buissnes account it requiers you to enter buissnes information. the buissnesowner can be a different person thatn the account owner. so you can request the paper, trade on a personal account and when you upgrade it to a buissnes account you will just use the information which you have on the paper. check fiver there are many people offering to do the paperwork to request it
Hi Burbur,

The information you provided are very important and useful to me, thank you so much.
Please allow me to ask some more questions:

about 1)

Who sends the message when reaching the threshold of 17.500 EUR please? eBay or Paypal?

It's good to know the big disadvantage of the limited 9 quantity though I am currently fine with such case.

about 2)

This way sounds good to me.
Do you list on ebay.co.uk OR ebay.de please?

I use UK accounts to list items on ebay.co.uk with UK itemlocation and everything is fine, but when I use UK accounts to list items on ebay.de with DE itemlocation, then there is VAT issue.

According to your information, will this way works without VAT issue please:
To use UK accounts list items on ebay.co.uk with DE location and ship from DE?

I only have UK ebay accounts, I have to ship from DE, I can get paypal accounts from another country if needed, and I want to sell items to the whole EU, based on such situation, any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

about 3)

This also sounds good to me, but I'd like to try #2 first.

Thank you Burbur.
Old 12-14-2019

1)
ebay sends the message (always on the 1st of the month) and only on private accounts. Buissnes accounts get this resticion without a warning after 2-3 weeks
2)
let me be more clear: It has no impact in which country the account was registred. ANY account which sells in DE as buissnes is affected.
IF you list in ebay.co.uk with germany as itemlocation the account is affected aswell.
I personaly never tryed to list in UK with germany as location so i am not sure if it will really trigger it but after it triggers i can not sell in UK anymore with germany as location.

I sell 60% of my items to germany and use germany as itemlocation in ebay. but in reality i ship from another EU country. I never had problems with it.

Also from expiereince i can say many EU countrys buy in ebay.co.uk (also germans sometimes). So what i recomend you to do is either:

- list in UK with UK as itemlocation and ship from germany
- list in germany with germany as itemlocation with a private account (not a long term solution)(i think this one is the best)
- try to get the paper. it is quite simple as far as i know. I am working on it for myself at the moment.

for more information check
https://verkaeuferportal.ebay.de/VAT#who

about this VAT certificate
The Following User Says Thank You to burbur For This Useful Post:
Chance (12-15-2019)
Old 12-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Hi Burbur,
Highly apprecitE your help with very details on this VAT issue.
All clear now.
Thank you so much
Old 03-04-2020

Longevity: 23%

Hallo Burbur,

könntest du mich bitte mal Pm anschreiben? Ich kann es leider noch nicht..danke
Old 03-05-2020

Longevity: 33%

Moin Burbur,

Auch ich schließe mich an der bitte um eine PM.

Viele Grüße
Old 03-08-2020

hi, ich glaube wir stehen vor den selben Fragen, würde mich gerne austauschen...
Old 03-08-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyy8 View Post
Moin Burbur,

Auch ich schließe mich an der bitte um eine PM.

Viele Grüße
ich meinte dich
Old 03-11-2020

Longevity: 43%

Ich würde mich auch über jegliche Hilfe bzw PN freuen.
Old 03-13-2020

Longevity: 33%

[QUOTE=Hanouna;1075774]ich meinte dich [/QUOTE

Ja, Stimmt. Hast du eine lösung gefunden?
Old 03-13-2020

Longevity: 43%

@burbur hast du auch skype? Kann dir wegen dieser dummen 25 Posts Regel leider nicht anworten.
Old 05-07-2020

Longevity: 53%

Quote:

- try to get the paper. it is quite simple as far as i know. I am working on it for myself at the moment
Have you figured out how to get this paper?
Old 06-14-2020

Longevity: 22%

@burbur can you please pm me? thanks
Old 10-07-2020

Longevity: 20%

@Burbur if this Thread is still alive pls PM me too.

lg

Last edited by ilcarletto; 10-08-2020 at 04:12 AM.
Old 05-24-2021

Longevity: 16%

Please PM me too!
Old 01-22-2022

Longevity: 12%

@burbur PM me Please!