When you create multiple Business Accounts, they are unlinked? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-13-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default When you create multiple Business Accounts, they are unlinked?

So, I was reading up on an experiment that someone tried... The author claims that He's created several Ebay Business accounts using his real name and info over and over.. And in some cases, using the same computer and Internet. He's gotten flagged on 1 of his accounts and it never affected his other accounts. That's how he found out that Ebay treats each biz account as a separate unlinked account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: When you create multiple Business Accounts, they are unlinked?

All my big accounts are in my name. Do you know how many people in this world have the same name?

When someone makes up a name to use, don't they realize sometime else also has that name?

My name is kinda unique. Only a few people in the whole world have it. I am confident I have more active ebay and paypal accounts in my name than other people combined around the world do in real life.
Old 12-13-2019
dbhana121

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
All my big accounts are in my name. Do you know how many people in this world have the same name?

When someone makes up a name to use, don't they realize sometime else also has that name?

My name is kinda unique. Only a few people in the whole world have it. I am confident I have more active ebay and paypal accounts in my name than other people combined around the world do in real life.
You have the same names but everything else is different such as addresses. Is there a particular advantage/reason why you use the same name?
Old 12-13-2019

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

What do you do when they want to verify your identity? Is there some sort of benefit to having them in your name that I'm missing?
Old 12-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
What do you do when they want to verify your identity? Is there some sort of benefit to having them in your name that I'm missing?
The main benefit is to be able to use a real EIN when PayPal asks for it. You don’t have to keep throwing away the account or put it on hold til the next tax year when you hit the $20,000/200 threshold. Some people hit this threshold in less than a month, so this helps to make it last longer. You use a real mailbox address that appears like an office address for your biz and a cheap mobile service where the bill gets sent to. You also use the company name to get a contract from a wholesale drop shipper, so you’ll be able to supply Ebay with a valid invoice when you get hit with an Mc011. The phone bill under the biz name is also for this purpose.
Old 12-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Pass data base questions of course. That is the reason plus who wants to do business under stolen or miss represented names? Not I.
Old 12-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Give us the link you were reading.
It’s a competing stealth source, so probably not allowed for me to mention
Old 12-13-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheMillionaire View Post
It’s a competing stealth source, so probably not allowed for me to mention

You can copy paste the message itself in here.
Old 12-13-2019

Quote:
The main benefit is to be able to use a real EIN when PayPal asks for it. You don’t have to keep throwing away the account or put it on hold til the next tax year when you hit the $20,000/200 threshold. Some people hit this threshold in less than a month, so this helps to make it last longer. You use a real mailbox address that appears like an office address for your biz and a cheap mobile service where the bill gets sent to. You also use the company name to get a contract from a wholesale drop shipper, so you’ll be able to supply Ebay with a valid invoice when you get hit with an Mc011. The phone bill under the biz name is also for this purpose.
I'm sorry, let me ask this way:

Concerning the multiple accounts and different business addresses in your "name", do you keep them "separate"? If/when you get asked for ID from ebay on multiple accounts, how do you get that resolved while keeping them separate?

I'm imagining you using the same drivers license across multiple accounts (that you're trying to keep separate), and I'm looking for clarification I suppose.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Last edited by prodigyace; 12-13-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Folk who make unsubstantiated comments like you never do. I wonder why.

Post the link, it will be okay.
It's a PDF book that was sent to me.. If a mod wants it, I can send it to them via email and you can decide to make it a downloadable link
Old 12-15-2019

Just 2 cents from my experience.. I had 3 ebay accounts on my name with the same business and when 1 got hit with mc011 all 3 went down even when I managed to pass mc011 on 2 accounts.

So they were definitely linked. And now I'm stuck with indefinite suspension - no chanc to sell other than stealth way.

The interesting question, which I think this topic is discussing is - if having multiple businesses as well as addresses would I be able to sell again without ebay deciding to suspend my store. It wouldn't be so hard to register another ltd and get a PO address (office look-a-like), but the name is my concern. IP, browser and other bits can easily be changed, the name is my concern.

It makes sense that there are other people with the same name/last name (even though mine is also quiet unique) but as soon as paypal requests documentation with ID or eBay - this means sending the same driving license/passport which will likely result in another suspension and a big waste of time. Right? Or am I missing something here?
The Following User Says Thank You to BruceSilduk For This Useful Post:
prodigyace (12-15-2019)
Old 12-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceSilduk View Post
Just 2 cents from my experience.. I had 3 ebay accounts on my name with the same business and when 1 got hit with mc011 all 3 went down even when I managed to pass mc011 on 2 accounts.

So they were definitely linked. And now I'm stuck with indefinite suspension - no chanc to sell other than stealth way.

The interesting question, which I think this topic is discussing is - if having multiple businesses as well as addresses would I be able to sell again without ebay deciding to suspend my store. It wouldn't be so hard to register another ltd and get a PO address (office look-a-like), but the name is my concern. IP, browser and other bits can easily be changed, the name is my concern.

It makes sense that there are other people with the same name/last name (even though mine is also quiet unique) but as soon as paypal requests documentation with ID or eBay - this means sending the same driving license/passport which will likely result in another suspension and a big waste of time. Right? Or am I missing something here?
This is what I'm trying to figure out exact
Old 12-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
This is what I'm trying to figure out exact
Glad it answered your question. Now who knows if changing business details, address will bypass the suspension? If 'the only link' is the name of the person IE the director?
Old 12-15-2019

Longevity: 31%
Send a message via Skype™ to newstart123

Quote:
So, I was reading up on an experiment that someone tried... The author claims that He's created several Ebay Business accounts using his real name and info over and over.. And in some cases, using the same computer and Internet. He's gotten flagged on 1 of his accounts and it never affected his other accounts. That's how he found out that Ebay treats each biz account as a separate unlinked account.
Flag is not affecting linked accounts. Ban is affecting linked accounts
Old 12-15-2019

Quote:
Glad it answered your question. Now who knows if changing business details, address will bypass the suspension? If 'the only link' is the name of the person IE the director?
Actually im still hoping someone will answer it, me and you have the same question essentially
Old 12-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricha View Post
Flag is not affecting linked accounts. Ban is affecting linked accounts
Sorry.. I meant suspension, as in your account is dead..
Old 12-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
As I suspected , a load of made up bollocks.

I'm on this forum to learn and share.. I have no interest or gain in making up stuff.. If I can confirm that the author's theory works on multiple MC011's and Paypal checks, it would literally save me $1,000's and countless hours of my time.
Old 12-15-2019

Quote:
Sorry.. I meant suspension, as in your account is dead..
So in your opinion, if you've been suspended years back, changed ur address and drivers license info 100%, and restart, they won't link you to an old suspended account?
Old 12-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:

It works initially... As, it's unlinked to previous accounts. The main potential problem is if Paypal requests certain docs or you get an MC011 and you're required to submit your ID (which was previously used)... And even if you get past it, you'll likely get subsequent ones on other future accounts.. So, the likelihood of detection goes up.
Old 12-15-2019

Quote:
It works initially... As, it's unlinked to previous accounts. The main potential problem is if Paypal requests certain docs or you get an MC011 and you're required to submit your ID (which was previously used)... And even if you get past it, you'll likely get subsequent ones on other future accounts.. So, the likelihood of detection goes up.
Best thing to do is go manage payments then and limit exposure. Thanks for clarifying
Old 12-16-2019

Quote:
I see, MC011 is sadly often the end of the account (Not always but you ge the idea..) though so if it reaches that point it's time to take in the losses and move on...

But ultimately having a new business registered each time is not THAT hard if it works. It's a good alternative while also running stealth stores setup and I might give that a go...

Now to meet an accountant and discuss how not to make it look like I'm VAT dodging mofo and avoid getting into trouble with the law

Edit: now I'm thinking, in Europe at least - when sold past 2500Eur (or something like that) PayPal requires some documents to verify business and potentially ID. Can't remember if it asks for ID or not? This could be bad in Europe.

Last edited by BruceSilduk; 12-16-2019 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I see, MC011 is sadly often the end of the account (Not always but you ge the idea..) though so if it reaches that point it's time to take in the losses and move on...

But ultimately having a new business registered each time is not THAT hard if it works. It's a good alternative while also running stealth stores setup and I might give that a go...

Now to meet an accountant and discuss how not to make it look like I'm VAT dodging mofo and avoid getting into trouble with the law

Edit: now I'm thinking, in Europe at least - when sold past 2500Eur (or something like that) PayPal requires some documents to verify business and potentially ID. Can't remember if it asks for ID or not? This could be bad in Europe.
Best of luck with the accountant