2 buyers claimed to recieve wrong item - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-24-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Angry 2 buyers claimed to recieve wrong item

This is the second time this has happened to me in 2 days from 2 different users... Either the UPS drop off place I am sending it to is tampering with the products or I am just being scammed again.

One user claimed I sent them a random phone the other claimed it was some random hard drive...

I will now be out of £550...

Anything I can do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: 2 buyers claimed to recieve wrong item

Thanks for the advice, I'm hoping I'll receive the money in my Paypal soon since it has been marked as delivered. Hopefully I'll be able to spend the money to cut my losses and then try the approach of threatening with small claims court.

I have asked the buyer to send pictures of all the way around the box and if it looked like it had been tampered with to buy some time.
Old 12-24-2019

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 33%

Item not as described cases -tracking means nothing,you should file complaint with UPS
Old 12-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
As hard as it might be to swallow spending the money might not be wise. On the assumption you're going to be scammed then a refund for 'not as described' is almost inevitable. Delivery counts for nothing. Paypal would then make your account overdrawn and start chasing you for it. Ironically, it might be you who then has to make an appearance in front of the bench.

Sadly I think and decision whether to withdraw or not has already been taken away from you.
It is a brand new stealth account therefore not personally linked to me at all. I'd rather not go down this route but if the money becomes available tomorrow I'll spend/withdraw it and then attempt to persuade the buyer to change his mind.
Old 12-24-2019

did they open a case of INAD on Ebay or Paypal?
Old 12-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
did they open a case of INAD on Ebay or Paypal?
1st case was opened on ebay as INAD, I just issued a refund in exchange for no negative feedback (Was one of my main accounts). It's sad it has come to bargaining with a scammer to limit the damage caused. The second buyer has just been messaging me at the moment and hasn't opened a case yet.
Old 12-24-2019

if you think someone in UPS has tempered your packages,you should report to UPS,and ask your buyers not to throw anything away,
Old 12-25-2019

Longevity: 64%

So sorry this is happening to you.
Some buyers are huge scammers and I see a lot more scamming these days.
I also sell on Amazon and many scammers on the Amazon site
I think now that eBay has become very similar to the way they do there business compared to Amazon
Amazon nearly always sides with the buyer and eBay does as well.

I had a case filed a long time ago on eBay. I had two orders mixed up. The buyers received each other's package. One buyer was very understanding. Offered to send pkg back to me and they were willing to incur the cost of returning it to me.
The other was mean and hateful in their emails. Even tho value much higher than their original order.
That buyer repeated over and over that this was done on purpose and I was a horrible seller to allow this mistake.
I agreed ( as to my fault) to Pay for return shipping, and add a couple free items to help make up for the delay and to also show customer I handle things in favor of my buyers.
Everything was agreed to.
So a few days later I receive the order for this lady that I had sent to wrong buyer.
I in turn repacked and added a few items. I shipped as the item she was sending showed tracking and was to be delivered to me the next day.
To my surprise I received a bag of bird feed. Her order was not bird feed but a huge lot of
Scrapbook punches brand new.
Now I am out the order from the man that returned scrapbooking supplies so I could mail her her correct item.
I had no choice but a refund to do for him.
There are good buyers
There are bad Buyers.
There are also buyers that are a thief.
Not all returns are done like this but hate to say that it is happening more often to sellers these days.
The buyers did not receive what ordered in initial packages sent due to my error but one buyer purposely committed theft by keeping item and returning bird feed.
Nowadays I make sure I have right item going to right buyer. Had that one error and still haven't forgotten the cost for me.

Off topic sort of but wish you much luck with this
The Following User Says Thank You to leighanns520 For This Useful Post:
thebayseller (12-25-2019)
Old 12-25-2019

This is why selling precious metal and anything which can be turned back into cash is a bad idea when you are forced to accept electronic payments
Old 12-25-2019

sometimes if you tell them the carrier will send an investigator to look at the content will prompt them to cancel the dispute.
Sometimes asking them to provide affadavit to the insurance claim will do as well
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
thebayseller (12-25-2019)
Old 12-25-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
So sorry this is happening to you.
Some buyers are huge scammers and I see a lot more scamming these days.
I also sell on Amazon and many scammers on the Amazon site
I think now that eBay has become very similar to the way they do there business compared to Amazon
Amazon nearly always sides with the buyer and eBay does as well.

I had a case filed a long time ago on eBay. I had two orders mixed up. The buyers received each other's package. One buyer was very understanding. Offered to send pkg back to me and they were willing to incur the cost of returning it to me.
The other was mean and hateful in their emails. Even tho value much higher than their original order.
That buyer repeated over and over that this was done on purpose and I was a horrible seller to allow this mistake.
I agreed ( as to my fault) to Pay for return shipping, and add a couple free items to help make up for the delay and to also show customer I handle things in favor of my buyers.
Everything was agreed to.
So a few days later I receive the order for this lady that I had sent to wrong buyer.
I in turn repacked and added a few items. I shipped as the item she was sending showed tracking and was to be delivered to me the next day.
To my surprise I received a bag of bird feed. Her order was not bird feed but a huge lot of
Scrapbook punches brand new.
Now I am out the order from the man that returned scrapbooking supplies so I could mail her her correct item.
I had no choice but a refund to do for him.
There are good buyers
There are bad Buyers.
There are also buyers that are a thief.
Not all returns are done like this but hate to say that it is happening more often to sellers these days.
The buyers did not receive what ordered in initial packages sent due to my error but one buyer purposely committed theft by keeping item and returning bird feed.
Nowadays I make sure I have right item going to right buyer. Had that one error and still haven't forgotten the cost for me.

Off topic sort of but wish you much luck with this
I'm surprised buyers would do this when the seller knows their address, if these scammers lived closer to me I'd consider paying them a visit.

Comforting to know I'm not the only one experiencing this, seems like there is no way to prevent this from happening.
Old 12-25-2019

you can report them to ebay,if they do this too many times,they will lose their buying privilege.
There is a buyer in rural Mexico buying low price trinklets on EBay,the sellers never bother wth tracking and just ship first class overseas,many are lost or stolen so she is always filing INR and win,eventually Ebay just banned her from buying as she is deemed a hazard to the Ebay seller community.
Old 12-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth
Old 12-26-2019

Longevity: 26%

UPS most certainly did not tamper with your goods. You are dealing with a scammer. If a buyer opens a "item not as described" or "wrong item sent" case you will lose 99% of the time. Once they return the item eBay will always side with them which will cause you to lose the money and item and if eBay had to step in you will receive a "case closed without seller resolution". Advice to you would be to not let eBay step in and just refund the buyer if you want to keep your account in good standing.