LLC and IP Address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-15-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default LLC and IP Address

I have a need to have a single ebay dedicated account. I know if you form an LLC you can essentially have as many tax ids as you want, and you can easily operate under many DBAs using those Tax Ids. I could pay for a UPS address. My problem is a permanent IP solution. IP Burger is simply too slow for me.

1. Will a UPS address work?
2. Is there anyway to permanently change my house's IP address? Will xfinity/comcast let me do it once?

I have a few stealth accounts, I'll keep them, but I have a product that I can sell hundreds of a in a month, it makes stealth very difficult.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-15-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: LLC and IP Address

1. yes
2. Permanently? You can ask Comcast for a Static IP.

Why do you say IPBurger is too slow? It's super fast for me.
Old 12-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
1. yes
2. Permanently? You can ask Comcast for a Static IP.

Why do you say IPBurger is too slow? It's super fast for me.
I need a new IP from Comcast, that hopefully was never given to me before, so eBay doesn't flag me. Static is fine, but do I have anyway of knowing that it's new to me?

It could be my Virtual machine causing it to be slow... I haven't done exensive testing.
Old 12-15-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

I don't see the need to use a virtual machine. Just use your normal computer.
Old 12-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by president89 View Post
I need a new IP from Comcast, that hopefully was never given to me before, so eBay doesn't flag me. Static is fine, but do I have anyway of knowing that it's new to me?

It could be my Virtual machine causing it to be slow... I haven't done exensive testing.
Can't ebay recognize my winows user profile? I can flip between virtual systems in 1 seconds. You can't do that with different windows profiles.

My IP hasn't changed in over a month. Maybe I already have a Static IP? do i need to give my ISP a good story on why I need to change?

Last edited by president89; 12-15-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-27-2019
Threadstarter  

any other feedback?
Old 12-30-2019

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
I have a need to have a single ebay dedicated account. I know if you form an LLC you can essentially have as many tax ids as you want, and you can easily operate under many DBAs using those Tax Ids. I could pay for a UPS address. My problem is a permanent IP solution. IP Burger is simply too slow for me.

1. Will a UPS address work?
2. Is there anyway to permanently change my house's IP address? Will xfinity/comcast let me do it once?

I have a few stealth accounts, I'll keep them, but I have a product that I can sell hundreds of a in a month, it makes stealth very difficult.

You're only allowed 1 EIN per LLC, but you can have multiple DBA's under your LLC.. Any DBA's under the LLC will share the same EIN.. I wish this weren't the case, as it would solve my problem of having to pay $800/year for each LLC.
Old 12-30-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
any other feedback?
You have been given a lot of info to work with
Old 12-31-2019

Quote:
any other feedback?

I've used a Mail Boxes Etc, UPS Store, and other no name mailbox services throughout the years. Haven't had a problem.

You can always ask your service provider for a new Static IP.. It might cost you a setup fee, depending on the provider.
Old 12-31-2019

Longevity: 52%

You can always tether from your phone for internet.
Old 12-31-2019

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheMillionaire View Post
I've used a Mail Boxes Etc, UPS Store, and other no name mailbox services throughout the years. Haven't had a problem.

You can always ask your service provider for a new static IP.. It might cost you a setup fee, depending on the provider.
do you use these (paid) addresses just one time to open stealth acc or do you keep them all? I can't seem to figure out how to deal with address issue and returns.
Old 12-31-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

change your ISP.
Old 01-03-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You're only allowed 1 EIN per LLC, but you can have multiple DBA's under your LLC.. Any DBA's under the LLC will share the same EIN.. I wish this weren't the case, as it would solve my problem of having to pay $800/year for each LLC.
My CPA says otherwise. LLC can have multiple EIN. Only sole proprietors are limited to a single EIN.
Old 01-03-2020

Quote:
My CPA says otherwise. LLC can have multiple EIN. Only sole proprietors are limited to a single EIN.
I asked a CPA a couple years ago, and she told me it wasn't allowed. I've also been researching online and came out with nothing. It seems that it's such a rarity that not many have tried. I also asked a CPA group and they're also saying no. I'm hoping your CPA is correct.. Are you sure you worded it correctly? Unlimited EIN's under 1 LLC? Instead of having to create a new LLC for each EIN? I'm gonna try to find a CPA that has some experience in this matter.

Last edited by DavidTheMillionaire; 01-03-2020 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-04-2020

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 50%

Quote:
This is correct, you can open virtually unlimited LLCs but each one can only have 1 tax number for eBay. David, you may want to look into registering in a less expensive state if you have multiple at $800/yr.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emporium For This Useful Post:
Rellik3600 (01-19-2020)
Old 01-04-2020

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 50%

Quote:
I asked a CPA a couple years ago, and she told me it wasn't allowed. I've also been researching online and came out with nothing. It seems that it's such a rarity that not many have tried. I also asked a CPA group and they're also saying no. I'm hoping your CPA is correct.. Are you sure you worded it correctly? Unlimited EIN's under 1 LLC? Instead of having to create a new LLC for each EIN? I'm gonna try to find a CPA that has some experience in this matter.
This is not correct, each LLC can only have 1 EIN. You can also get 1 personal ITIN which I believe can be used with eBay though.
Old 01-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emporium View Post
This is not correct, each LLC can only have 1 EIN. You can also get 1 personal ITIN which I believe can be used with eBay though.
That’s what I’ve been saying.. Ur only allowed 1 EIN per LLC..
Old 01-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emporium View Post
This is correct, you can open virtually unlimited LLCs but each one can only have 1 tax number for eBay. David, you may want to look into registering in a less expensive state if you have multiple at $800/yr.
The problem with registering in a cheaper state is some states, including mine will require you to file as a foreign LLC... which ends up just as expensive or more compared to just filing in your own state
Old 01-23-2020
Threadstarter  

https://www.govdocfiling.com/faq/many-ein-numbers-can/

A corporation can have subsidiaries... and each subsidiary can have it's own EIN.

"Depending on the business owner’s situation, it may also be beneficial to separate the business into different entities. In this case, it would be necessary to apply for another or multiple EINs."

"For Sole Proprietors, only one EIN can be issued to the individual. The Sole Proprietor may change business type/name by filing the appropriate documentation with his or her local municipality. For all other entities, there are no limits on the number of EINs one may file for new businesses."