How many verified accounts can I have? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-12-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default How many verified accounts can I have?

I have at least three bank accounts that I could conceivably get a PP account with...already using one for a verified account.
It has been so long (6 or 7 years) since I set the one up, I don't remember if I gave them my SS# or not. Do they ask for it now to verify...or just acct and routing numbers?

Also do they check anything other than routing and account numbers? All three of my accounts have my same home address on them.

I would hate to have 2 PP accounts to John Doe, 123 Main St, Anytown, USA. That might present me with some problems, wouldn't it? I would certainly think so should one get hit, then the other would go.

So here is what I am contemplating:
Set up the new PP account with one of my existing BA's and put down my work address and maybe just my first initial...will this work? If all they do is verified the routing and account number they won't know the name is different...right? If I ever had to lock horns to get my $ out I would at least have real data.

Or would I just be better off adding a fresh email to my good-standing verified account and using that email with EB to reg an account. I obviously can't put the PP address on the EB account I will create because that has been banned. I already removed the first email from PP, only one remaining. Can I add the second one and then just make that one primary and eventually remove the one that was used on the EB account that has since been banned.

I basically did this already. Had 2 EB accounts, one with addy A one with addy B. Both of these addys were reg'd to the aforementioned PP account. EB account "A" got banned last year...no problem, just kept doing business on acct "B" and did about 100 transactions (100% FB) in the last year until EB acct "B" got hit about a month ago.

So what I want to do is add addy "C" to PP and then create an EB account and use addy "C" to accept and send PP payments. I do have 2 other "non-verified" PP accounts set up, but they are with GC's and have addresses that I can not receive goods at...one a friend's former address the other a friend who lives in a neighborhood where anything left would get ripped off.

That is the main reason that I would like to continue to use the Verified PP account that has served me fine for 6 or 7 years...not only to receive goods, but to be able to receive payment and withdraw without difficulty. The non-verified ones require some tap dancing to get sellers to ship to an address where I can receive the items.

In a nutshell, based on experience, what is the best route for me to take?

Thanks for taking the time to read the post, I think this is a question a lot of people here would like to know the answer to.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-12-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Paypal doesn't ask for your SS# until you have some decent money going through your account.

Paypal doesn't verify anything but your routing and accounting number.

It's really hard to not link Paypal accounts either way you do it. If something happens to one account, it'll happen to the other accounts linked.

If I were you I would just continue using the verified Paypal account. Just add a new email address to accept eBay funds and you'll be good to go. This is working for the time being without causing a link.
Old 09-12-2007
Threadstarter  

I'm going to create a pristine email and ad it to my verified.
A question though... Can I now put that email into the paypal address when lising PP as an option for payment on an item?
IOW if I switch the PP address in my EB auctions, will that put me under the microscope?

I might just decide to start another EB account up to utilize my seasoned PP and let the EB account sit for 30-45 days or so...maybe by then with a minor purchase here or there to build some feedback it might have a better chance of surviving.

As far as putting a large amount through PP, I think if I ever get to that point I'll look for alternative payment processors after the horror stories I have heard.

BTW what is considered a large amount for PP?
Old 09-13-2007
Threadstarter  

I just made another thread...
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...what-next.html
one of my non-verified accounts got limited for nothing...I think rather than to require this info up front which would prohibit you from getting the account, they give you an account and then let you get some funds in it and then freeze it...that way they get to control what used to be your money.
Old 09-13-2007
Threadstarter  

I have never had to provide "proof of shipping" on my other "verified" account that has been running for at least 6 or 7 years.

Why let you in the door and then ask?
Why not ask before letting you in the door?
Oh, that way you couldn't get money into the account which they can then limit and maintain control over
Old 09-14-2007

DFB and everyone else, it is a must.... absolute must... that if you accept and get paid by paypal that you add delivery confirmation to every single box you ship. No ways about it. PP will not do a thing to you if you can type in that box the DC number. Once you do not, your on the **** list.

Something else to be concerned about is this, say you sell two items to the same person, they want it combined to save on shipping, you get a ass buyer who wants to be trouble, you got one DC number and PP wil nail you for not shipping the second item. Its a buyer scam that is getting used every day and PP is paying them, they get the second item, do the chargeback and keep the second item because..... you have no proof it was in the box !

I put DC on every box and will NOT combine shipping in one box.
Old 09-14-2007
Threadstarter  

So it looks like I can't have an EB account set up with a $20 GC and seller fees paid from PP from sales proceeds unless at some time that PP account gets verified?
It appeared to me that PP was not only asking for DC on every item, but bank accounts, docs, everything. C'mon for about $80 in in one month and $35 out!
As I mentioned I only included DC on the one item that was over $50 WTF this is so EB...changing the rules in the middle of the game. If I was trying to collect people's $ and then run off without paying I would have sold items higher priced than $8 and then sent them with DC on a delivery of an empty box!
Old 09-14-2007

I put DC on every single item, 9.99 to 999.00. I put the 0.65 in the handling charge section, that way the customer pays for it and I am out nothing to protect myself from ******* buyers.
DFB, I have done this for a long time, I learned that sellers have no chance against the ebay-paypal twosome and you have to protect yourself from them and their best friends, the buyers !
Old 09-14-2007
Threadstarter  

The odd thing here is that no one made a complaint that they didn't get an item.
The only time I ever had an issue with or PP before was that some lady claimed that I misrepresented an item...I HAD A PICTURE IN THE LISTING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. After I told her I would not give her a refund ( I stood in line for 20 minutes when I was sick to ship it out so she would get it or a gift in time) she then filed the complaint with PP and they froze my account. I sent her a refund and they lifted it immeadiately.
Like I said this proof of DC did not come as a result of someone claiming that they didn't get their item.
I am really scratching my head on this one.
Old 09-14-2007

This is the out for buyers. I have had them say they didn't get it, I put in the DC number, everything is fine, then he comes the ass buyers again stating oh yea I got it but it is not the same as described.

I just had a buyer buy 3 items BIN from me, similar items different color, design etc. They paid me for 1 of them, when I sent an email telling them they paid me the wrong amount, they said they chose the xxx color one.

What the hell, now they are bidding and picking the one they want!!!

BUYERS are killing us people, its the damn buyers who are screwing everyone and everything.

Gosh, when I buy something, I ask a ton of questions and buy it, I placed the bid... I won and I pay for the item.

DFB- Slow down and re think your strategy, when you go fast you will make a mistake along the way.

I know I bite my tonque allot with ebay, PP and the butt wipe buyers but to get up and running again, you have to.
Old 09-14-2007
Threadstarter  

I thought I was going slow...sold only about 6 items in a month and bought only 3 (total volume of sales and purchase less than ($100) and the issue was not with EB but with PP. I wouldn't have a problem with adding a BA to that PP if the don't verified name and address on the acct. I just don't want to taint it for possible needed future use.
Old 09-14-2007
Threadstarter  

Spent the better part of the morning trying to fix my limited account.
The part that gets me is the proof of shipping. Is it proof enough that you shipped it if you pay for and print a label through PP? I mean that wouldn't give you DC, but on cheaper items it would prove the item was shipped right?

Don't want to get any more specific on my case in case there are any spies and I really don't think that knowing the specifics would lend any insight into suggestions here to help in satisfying PP to get the limit removed.

I did notice one thing though that is unrelated. They had a requirement for lifting your sending/receiving limit that included 2 of 3 things to be completed.
Add BA okay, knew that one.
Add ss# okay knew that one, but don't want to do because it will be out there and can never use it again...might set my deaceased parents up with PP accounts though :D
And then the 3rd one was something about a $1.95 transaction on your CC.
If I initially set up with a Simon card will that 4- digit code that they send you show up on my online summary?

2 of 3 are easy...plenty of GC's, can always start new BA's... but you only get one ss#.
Old 09-15-2007
Threadstarter  

But it is conceivable with resources to get GC's with aliases, web based email, voip phone #'s and PP not checking the names and addresses of the bank accounts to have mulitple ones ...right?
Old 09-15-2007
Threadstarter  

I know, it is just a matter of time on that and EB
Old 09-16-2007

Longevity: 99%

I've found GoogleCheckout to be much more secure than Paypal and have yet to find a link supporting otherwise. Though they do (or did at least) have a problem with payments being cancelled and delayed payments. That SEEMS to be more a product of growing pains than fraud on their part and does SEEM to be improving. What types of loopholes are you referring to Modee?