Is Etsy on to VPN users? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 12-30-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Hi Guys,

I currently have an account on Etsy, using a VPN and Fresh IP that is different from my main computer's ip. As of now, my account isn't suspended.

I just tried registering for a new account, and I'm unable to. Since my current account is still in good standing, there should be no reason for me to not be able to get a new account. Yet I can't get in. I can't even get past the first page where you input your email address, name, and password.

I just read on the Etsy forums, and someone suggested that Etsy won't let new applicants in who are using VPNs. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, it must be a new and recent thing because like I mentioned, my current account that's still active is running on a VPN.

If this is the case, then any suggestions on how to get around it? Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-03-2020

Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

i was going to set a a VPN tomorrow i need to know answer as well ASAP
Old 01-06-2020

Hi, i tried in the past two weeks many times to set up new etsy with VPN, it is not possible. Cant get thru the first page, and when i got in, then it was deactivated in just short time.
Old 01-07-2020

Longevity: 52%

Looks like most VPNs are getting denied on new account creation even though old users with VPN are not be bothered with.

They would probably see a huge hit in profit of they deactivate current accounts.
Old 01-07-2020

i tried yesterday got a new vpn and Dedicated IP and no go to register

VPN not working here either

i can same computer and didn't clean my cookies
Old 01-10-2020

Does anybody know if we can open account with mobile IP for example and then use VPN after some time? Also maybe USA/UK VPNs do not work, but other countries VPNs work?
Old 01-13-2020

I was unsuccessful with VPN, it still got shut down
Old 01-13-2020

Is VPN more an option on overseas Etsy accounts? I'm in US.. and it did not work
Old 01-13-2020

Tether to a mobile phone. Not a lot of VPNs working these days with etsy
Old 01-15-2020

vpn with etsy is not working
Old 01-15-2020

I was planning to try out IPBurger's Fresh VPN plan, since it has so many good reviews on this site. If Etsy is on to VPN users now, does that include IPBurger's VPN services as well?
Old 01-16-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

I am using it with IPBurger's VPN. Not a problem.
You have to use a Fresh IP address though.
The Following User Says Thank You to chicagoIL For This Useful Post:
hyperionsicko (01-16-2020)
Old 01-17-2020

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
I am using it with IPBurger's VPN. Not a problem.
You have to use a Fresh IP address though.
Did you recently opened your account with a IPBurger VPN and did not get suspended or you opened a while ago and now you are just running it with a VPN?
Old 02-14-2020

Has anybody opened up an Etsy account with VPN, in 2020, and been successful so far?

Also why does everyone use IP Burger? Just curious? I am looking at NordVPN and Surfshark and at some point i'll have to make a decision for my Etsy account.
Old 02-15-2020

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teslafan View Post
Has anybody opened up an Etsy account with VPN, in 2020, and been successful so far?

Also why does everyone use IP Burger? Just curious? I am looking at NordVPN and Surfshark and at some point i'll have to make a decision for my Etsy account.
Etsy only likes real ips. It’s not that hard to reset a ip if you your own internet. Nobody normal is using a vpn. There’s always a motive behind the use, and most times on selling platforms it’s not a good one.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
Kharz (02-15-2020)
Old 02-15-2020
Banned

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Etsy only likes real ips. It’s not that hard to reset a ip if you your own internet. Nobody normal is using a vpn. There’s always a motive behind the use, and most times on selling platforms it’s not a good one.
I second this. Use a Residential IP or mobile ip when opening accounts.
for managing accounts, you can then use the VPNs.
Old 02-15-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

Forget NordVPN - look at normal IP sources - are you in the USA?
Old 02-15-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:

So I made an Etsy account, my first and real one using the IPburger VPN setting that I've always used on my Amazon account. This was almost a month ago, I haven't really used the account, it's just sitting there.

SO far everything is fine.

I think try making a stealth one if you can with the IPburger IP and see how it worked out for you. This way you save your real info .
Old 02-15-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
So I made an Etsy account, my first and real one using the IPburger VPN setting that I've always used on my Amazon account. This was almost a month ago, I haven't really used the account, it's just sitting there.

I think try making a stealth one if you can with the IPburger IP and see how it worked out for you. This way you save your real info .
I just got back with ipburger's customer service after purchasing their fresh vpn plan. I opened a ticket requesting further information regarding the browser extension's spoofing features and I mentioned my intention of creating an Etsy account with the IP, and this is the response I got back.
"Have you already created an account on Etsy with this IP? We have found that Etsy is strict against VPN these days and does not allow creating an account with these IPs."
Old 02-15-2020

So many contradicting answers! Maybe I should go to my town's library, make an etsy account with the hopes of not getting hacked (low chance anyways), then come home and run the newly made etsy through a VPN.

Funny enough, i think most people here are making a big mistake with Etsy. First and foremost, EVERYONE gets suspended either shortly after you make an account, or within the first few days. This applies if you do print on demand and post a lot initially. All you do is appeal it, then they say oops and reinstate your account. I thought this was a given but I have a feeling everyone in here is not permanently suspended LOL!

How do I know? Because it's happened to me 4 times. The first 3 times it happened, i've never been suspended from etsy before and since I knew how to sell and had a gameplan i made the accounts, posted a lot, and got suspended the first few days in. No problem, I got unsuspended shortly after. The 4th time though, and this is interesting as we speak, this one was about 5 days ago after I got initially suspended for all of my accounts (I had 4, and over 7000 sales combined, and I was so upset it's how I found these forums). So to continue, I went to my mother and had her sign up for an account (another one, she already sells vintage stuff around the house and somehow hers didn't get suspended with mine). Anyways I connected her account with my POD platform and put up like 40 listings in 3 hours, made 3 sales, and got suspended. I thought ok, I got caught and then I proceeded to find these forums. But as I appealed, I got the "oops" message a few days later (2 days ago). And i've still been selling on that account. I'll juice it out until they catch me, because there's no way they can't. I use all the same pictures, mockups, descriptions, everything. Lol! Why I'm doing this, and wanting to use separate VPNS for my different stores, is so they all don't come collapsing at once ever again!

So I really want to know if it's a vpn thing.
Old 02-15-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post

Easier said than done, I mean I'll have to open a new bank account and all that. I feel like it's going to be a process, and I really want to do my best to get it right the first time.
Old 02-16-2020
Banned

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
So many contradicting answers! Maybe I should go to my town's library, make an etsy account with the hopes of not getting hacked (low chance anyways), then come home and run the newly made etsy through a VPN.

Funny enough, i think most people here are making a big mistake with Etsy. First and foremost, EVERYONE gets suspended either shortly after you make an account, or within the first few days. This applies if you do print on demand and post a lot initially. All you do is appeal it, then they say oops and reinstate your account. I thought this was a given but I have a feeling everyone in here is not permanently suspended LOL!

How do I know? Because it's happened to me 4 times. The first 3 times it happened, i've never been suspended from etsy before and since I knew how to sell and had a gameplan i made the accounts, posted a lot, and got suspended the first few days in. No problem, I got unsuspended shortly after. The 4th time though, and this is interesting as we speak, this one was about 5 days ago after I got initially suspended for all of my accounts (I had 4, and over 7000 sales combined, and I was so upset it's how I found these forums). So to continue, I went to my mother and had her sign up for an account (another one, she already sells vintage stuff around the house and somehow hers didn't get suspended with mine). Anyways I connected her account with my POD platform and put up like 40 listings in 3 hours, made 3 sales, and got suspended. I thought ok, I got caught and then I proceeded to find these forums. But as I appealed, I got the "oops" message a few days later (2 days ago). And i've still been selling on that account. I'll juice it out until they catch me, because there's no way they can't. I use all the same pictures, mockups, descriptions, everything. Lol! Why I'm doing this, and wanting to use separate VPNS for my different stores, is so they all don't come collapsing at once ever again!

So I really want to know if it's a vpn thing.
I can feel your frustration.
Going to a public IP address might be a good idea in the account creation, but i do not recommend you to shift to the VPN for account management.
Here's the thing about etsy.
On your first sales, you undergo to a review, on whether you are high risk to them or not.
Now, since you passed the initial verification process on the account creation, it doesn't mean you are already safe. Nope, you should not use a VPN when managing your etsy account, it should always be a residential or mobile internet IP. Going to the public ip address would be tasky and time consuming - so what do you have to do? I always use Residential IP address proxies, until then i did not have any problems with etsy.
But can you still use the VPN? yes of course, but not with etsy. I also bought an IPburger VPN before for the management of my ebay account and it was good.