eBay Managed Payments Question (Currently using my Social and Name with PayPal) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 01-17-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default eBay Managed Payments Question (Currently using my Social and Name with PayPal)

Hi all!

Was hoping for some insight on this if anyone can help.

I had an eBay account banned due to lack of maintenance but I was always in good standings with PayPal.
I ended up creating a stealth account for eBay and opened a new PayPal in someone else's name and used and EIN to be sure there wasn't any link. Did the whole stealth thing, changed computers, address, phone etc.

About a year after I opened up the PayPal account, I decided to do a legal name change with PayPal to my legal name. So now I have a Legal PayPal account in my name used with my eBay account. No issues and been running for over 3 years.

Now I am wondering about eBay managed payments. Since I have the PayPal account in my name and there hasn't been any issues, do you think there might be an issue using my real name within eBay for managed payments?

Everything is different, I don't even live in the same state as the banned eBay account and my current eBay account is in great standing. The only thing that might match would be my name and social since they want that also.

I don't remember ever giving eBay my social security number, that was just a PayPal thing if I remember right.

My social along with my EIN is on PayPal now with no issues with eBay.

Think it will cause any issues to sign up for eBay managed payments using my social and name since I've had no issues with eBay since the change to my legal name and social on PayPal?

Thank you for the insight!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-17-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: eBay Managed Payments Question (Currently using my Social and Name with PayPal)

I dont recall Ebay ever asking for my SSN.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Houseofcards (01-21-2020)
Old 01-17-2020

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: eBay Managed Payments Question (Currently using my Social and Name with PayPal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I dont recall Ebay ever asking for my SSN.
Are you using managed payments or still with PayPal.

I think the thread starter wants to know that when you switch over to managed payments do eBay want a SSN then
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2020

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Are you using managed payments or still with PayPal.

I think the thread starter wants to know that when you switch over to managed payments do eBay want a SSN then
I had to provide social security number when I was invited and joined into managed payments.
I was previously suspended on eBay and PayPal. Moved different state and bank etc. Using my real own info in managed payments and eBay
No problems for me. Been on managed payments about 6 mo now.
The Following User Says Thank You to leighanns520 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2020

Longevity: 36%

To my knowledge, since eBay doesn't actually handle the money, they don't see our SSN do they? I would think only Ayden can see it
The Following User Says Thank You to prodigyace For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2020

I am still using Paypal,I have not been invited to join Ayden.
All these years I am with Ebay,Ebay has never asked for my SSN,there is no reason to,as we paid with personal check at first,then credit cards and Ebay never send any 1099K to us,before there is Billpoint and Paypal.
But I know IRS can ask for our Ebay sales ,an antique dealer with a brick and mortar shop was audited ,he did not report his Ebay sales/income,and during the audit IRS asked Ebay to furnish his sales history.
IRS was looking into his store sales,and came across his online deposits in his bank accounts.
Old 01-18-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
To my knowledge, since eBay doesn't actually handle the money, they don't see our SSN do they? I would think only Ayden can see it
not so much as they see or dont see it,they have no reason to see it,they dont create our 1099K for Fed income tax filing BUT NOW they are collecting sales tax and remitting them to our state,they would need our tax ID,else how does the state know who did the selling?
Unless Paypal is doing it for Ebay,?
Old 01-21-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
I had to provide social security number when I was invited and joined into managed payments.
I was previously suspended on eBay and PayPal. Moved different state and bank etc. Using my real own info in managed payments and eBay
No problems for me. Been on managed payments about 6 mo now.
That's good to hear. I was just a little apprehensive about providing the name and SSN to eBay but I don't ever recall giving them my SSN before in the previous years. I have different everything and was never suspended from PayPal. I figured it will most likely be fine but it's a bit nerve racking.
Old 01-21-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking it could be an issue but seems like it might be okay. I will most likely continue to use PayPal for as long as I can but when they finally force the switch I will be less nervous about the whole ordeal.
Old 01-21-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I am still using Paypal,I have not been invited to join Ayden.
All these years I am with Ebay,Ebay has never asked for my SSN,there is no reason to,as we paid with personal check at first,then credit cards and Ebay never send any 1099K to us,before there is Billpoint and Paypal.
But I know IRS can ask for our Ebay sales ,an antique dealer with a brick and mortar shop was audited ,he did not report his Ebay sales/income,and during the audit IRS asked Ebay to furnish his sales history.
IRS was looking into his store sales,and came across his online deposits in his bank accounts.
Cant hide from the IRS. At least it's not a good idea in my experience.
Old 01-23-2020

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseofcards View Post
That's good to hear. I was just a little apprehensive about providing the name and SSN to eBay but I don't ever recall giving them my SSN before in the previous years. I have different everything and was never suspended from PayPal. I figured it will most likely be fine but it's a bit nerve racking.
I have been on managed payments 5 mo. Real info and no problems yet. Suspended with real info few yrs ago. But now all new info. It was easy and smooth so far.
Good luck to you
Old 07-14-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
I have been on managed payments 5 mo. Real info and no problems yet. Suspended with real info few yrs ago. But now all new info. It was easy and smooth so far.
Good luck to you
When you say real info do you mean? You took a stealth account and entered real name in MP? How did you sign up for an ebay account with suspended info?