Why is it so hard to get a business bank account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-06-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Question Why is it so hard to get a business bank account?

I’ve had some trouble with this one! I’m Trying to get a business bank account why is it so difficult! BoFA denied me both a regular account and business account. I opened a regular chase account a regular TD account netspend business account was opened sucessfully. Everywhere else takes forever or needs information that I don’t have like a fictitious name certificate. I stopped using the name we use for our business since I’m a sole proprietorship and applied to TD now for a business checking and they will get back to me in 1-2 business days and that’s never a good thing!! If y’all have any recommendations

Also when using a mismatched name does chase care how different it is? My real name is not common and I don’t know anyone with it, so would misspelling it maybe be easier I can shorten my first name by 1 letter and it becomes a common mans name but my last name is not even something that’s playable lol

Thanks y’all! Any suggestions would be great. I’ve read a lot about what banks are best on here but it seems it’s 50/50 on what people suggest. Just looking for some opinions!!

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2020

Thanked 1,099 Times in 1,035 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Why is it so hard to get a business bank account?

Have you tried Capital One,they accept any one,could be a pet turtle or dog
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

And they allow mismatched names? Also when mismatching I have the opption to either use my name mispelled or use the female name I signed up with OR is it ok to use a blatant totally different name how different can it be? I could use my dads name also we have the same last name. I’m probably overthinking this! ����
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Also I just tried to do capital one business and it said someone would contact me if I qualify. Is capital one regular checking good for mismatched names?
Old 02-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

All of these are good options. Preferably misspelled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
And they allow mismatched names? Also when mismatching I have the opption to either use my name mispelled or use the female name I signed up with OR is it ok to use a blatant totally different name how different can it be? I could use my dads name also we have the same last name. I’m probably overthinking this! ����
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Question Re: Why is it so hard to get a business bank account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
All of these are good options. Preferably misspelled
Thanks silenthill! My name is really not common at all especially my last name I can shorten my first name by 1 letter and it becomes a men’s name but my last name I’m afraid they’ll still catch on that it’s me even with errors
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
You don't open bank accounts with mismatched names FFS. !

You open real bank accounts and hope they will allow deposits from, say, paypal with a mismatched name.
I know that that’s not even possible to do unless u are down for some real illegal consequences potentially. I never said that I was doing that. The bank accounts are in my name. I’m not referring to PayPal either it’s for Etsy and banking in general when u put the bank account info in it asks for the account holders name I can either use the female name I signed up with or my name mispelled and I’m just asking if using a blatantly different name would be best, or misspelling my own, idc what Etsy sees they just can’t see my real name cause this is a stealth just wondering which the bank would react best to.
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Exclamation Re: Why is it so hard to get a business bank account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
You don't open bank accounts with mismatched names FFS. !

You open real bank accounts and hope they will allow deposits from, say, paypal with a mismatched name.
For Etsy the billing info and banking name and info don’t have to match the shop owners name that u sign up with. And so far I have TD bank CHASE ANS NETSPEND BUSINESS.. netspend allows the business name u signed up with for deposits so so far that’s the bank account I linked with the business name so I don’t need to use a name but IF for some reason I have to change it I was just wondering which would be best a very different name or my name mispelled or my dads name :/
Old 02-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Not good to imply fictitious use of names to open bank accounts, regardless of bank
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Not good to imply fictitious use of names to open bank accounts, regardless of bank
Yes I read that and decided against capital one. I have a TD account and chase but thy are not business. Any experience with TD and chase?
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Angry Re: Why is it so hard to get a business bank account?

Quote:
Again I’m not using a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name to open a bank account I’m using my REAL name to open a bank account!!
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
When getting a deposit from Etsy when they ask for ur banking info and they ask for the full name on the bank account. I can not use my name. This is where the fictitious name would come in to play... I could use my dads name (same last name) I could mispell mine OR I could use the name I used during basic sign up which is a totally different name from my name... I did not make bank accounts with a fictitious name I have to use a fictitious name when Etsy asks what the name is name on the bank account