I have successfully made a new Etsy account after being suspended!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 02-05-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Red face I have successfully made a new Etsy account after being suspended!!!

I read through this forum thorougly and profusely!! Initially I submitted a new post asking questions but I took it upon myself to take action here and find some answers cause at the end of the day I’m all I got! 😂😂

I figured I’d post here what worked since there is no definitive post that tells anyone exactly what worked for them!
So let’s get into it shall we?

First things first, you need a whole new everything! In my case I ordered a iphone6 Trac phone from Best Buy and it was here in a day along with a 35$ prepaid card. DONT EVER CONNECT TO WIFI ON IT EVER THAT WILL LINK YOU

I don’t really feel like I should give away to many details publicly and my account is new here so I can’t PM people you can try pm’ing me if I can respond to them I’m unsure or we can talk via email if it’s allowed if not I am not trying to get suspended here or do anything against the rules so I will respond to anyone here! Ok nowwwww Back to the Etsy stuff

I used my own ssn and name for banking info but when it asks for account holder name I used the business name name. I would love to help whoever I could here but reading every single post about Etsy really really helped me tremendously! I remember seeing someone saying that there’s info you should ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and info you should not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and for me common sense told me which was which. It is 100% possible to make a new Etsy account w ur name and ssn you just need a new address that’s linked to u somehow! I’d be happy to help whoever.

Thanks y’all! Will help whoever I can

P.s this isn’t my first rodeo with stealth accounts and I will also keep everyone updated on my Etsy shop as we go along here but I’m going to take it slow
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:
catweazle (01-29-2021), ch0koreeto (07-07-2020), chicagoIL (02-26-2020), etsyfrustada (10-07-2020), Jasonchen992 (03-13-2023), slarocco (05-29-2023)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Red face Re: I have successfully made a new Etsy account after being suspended!!!

You are correct! I just submitted another thread about mismatched names for Etsy pay DC bank account payout needing some guidance there! But really if people just took the tile to read and do research they’d find answers! And thanks for the welcome!
Old 02-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: I have successfully made a new Etsy account after being suspended!!!

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 02-06-2020

Longevity: 26%
Default Re: I have successfully made a new Etsy account after being suspended!!!

Welcome and thanks for sharing success story
Old 02-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys!!!
Old 02-06-2020

Longevity: 25%

Let us know how it goes after your first sale. Congrats!
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi View Post
Let us know how it goes after your first sale. Congrats!
I see ur pretty knowledgeable on the Etsy thing. For DC when u link a fresh bank account do u use ur real name every time or do u do the mismatched name thing?

PS. What’s the hyphenated last name trick? I searched but can’t find anything aside from you saying u did it and it worked!

Another PS. Account is still up and running haven’t listed anything that I normally do yet collecting new photos going to take it slow here! Will keep you guys updated!
Old 02-07-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
I see ur pretty knowledgeable on the Etsy thing. For DC when u link a fresh bank account do u use ur real name every time or do u do the mismatched name thing?

PS. What’s the hyphenated last name trick? I searched but can’t find anything aside from you saying u did it and it worked!

Another PS. Account is still up and running haven’t listed anything that I normally do yet collecting new photos going to take it slow here! Will keep you guys updated!
Lol! I read that someone did that so I did it as well. Not sure if it makes a difference at all (Prob not). I’m back on Etsy so I’m happy with the outcome. When I first started my listings weren’t indexed....still not sure why that is...I just deleted the listings that weren’t showing up and made new ones.
Old 02-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Lol! I read that someone did that so I did it as well. Not sure if it makes a difference at all (Prob not). I’m back on Etsy so I’m happy with the outcome. When I first started my listings weren’t indexed....still not sure why that is...I just deleted the listings that weren’t showing up and made new ones.
Deleted the listings that weren't showing up...interesting approach
Old 02-07-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Deleted the listings that weren't showing up...interesting approach
Ya I hadn’t heard of anyone doing that but it worked for me. It may have just been a glitch bc I read a lot of people got shut down when their listings weren’t indexed at first. But I’m still going strong and just reached the tax threshold...I’ll let you guys know how it goes when I submit 🤞.
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Talking Re: I have successfully made a new Etsy account after being suspended!!!

Quote:
But what is the trick? Hyphenating ur last name for entering ur personal info when they need ur real info?
Old 02-07-2020

Quote:
But what is the trick? Hyphenating ur last name for entering ur personal info when they need ur real info?
Instead of “John Doe Smith” I put “John Doe-Smith”. I had tried putting my middle name in to create variations previously but it didn’t work...somehow this hyphenated trick worked....I’m not really convinced it was necessary. I just left it that way bc I’m not going to mess with what’s working for me lol.
Old 02-07-2020

Btw it’s been a few months since I got back on. I’m a little fuzzy on everything that I did. But I do remember that I registered the VCC to my first middle-last so that it would work.... but when I added my account and routing number I had to put my real name for verification. They sent the deposit but my bank kicked it back. So in the end I am using my real name for the transfer info....
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Btw it’s been a few months since I got back on. I’m a little fuzzy on everything that I did. But I do remember that I registered the VCC to my first middle-last so that it would work.... but when I added my account and routing number I had to put my real name for verification. They sent the deposit but my bank kicked it back. So in the end I am using my real name for the transfer info....
I PM’D you on this subject!
Old 02-10-2020

Hey guys,

Unfortunately I've just had my Etsy store shut down which was my main source of income, pretty much 1 year old to the day and was on 2300 sales.
I had four cases open on my account, and even though I spoke to the customers and they agreed to let me get a replacements to them - Etsy shut me down before giving them enough time to get their orders (takes 5-9 days outside of the UK, they give me 4).

I was pretty depressed about losing the store and there isn't any other viable options which give me the same scope as Etsy does.

I've been going through the forum to make sure I know exactly what I need to create a stealth account - I was wondering if someone could drop me a PM just to make sure I'm on the right track?

I have a separate bank card, can use a different name, address and phone number, change my IP and use different pictures/titles/descriptions.
Do I need to create a separate account on my PC?

Also if I'm missing anything else, please let me know!
I'd love to PM some of the people who have stated to drop them a message, but unfortunately as this is a new account I can't do that.

Any help is appreciated hugely!
I also apologise if replying to this post is the wrong area for this!

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2020

Quote:
Ya I hadn’t heard of anyone doing that but it worked for me. It may have just been a glitch bc I read a lot of people got shut down when their listings weren’t indexed at first. But I’m still going strong and just reached the tax threshold...I’ll let you guys know how it goes when I submit 🤞.
Khaleesi, I have some questions about getting my etsy account back, but im brand new member and it wont let me private message you. could you help?
Old 02-12-2020

Talking Re: I have successfully made a new Etsy account after being suspended!!!

Quote:
I read through this forum thorougly and profusely!! Initially I submitted a new post asking questions but I took it upon myself to take action here and find some answers cause at the end of the day I’m all I got! 😂😂

I figured I’d post here what worked since there is no definitive post that tells anyone exactly what worked for them!
So let’s get into it shall we?

First things first, you need a whole new everything! In my case I ordered a iphone6 Trac phone from Best Buy and it was here in a day along with a 35$ prepaid card. DONT EVER CONNECT TO WIFI ON IT EVER THAT WILL LINK YOU

I don’t really feel like I should give away to many details publicly and my account is new here so I can’t PM people you can try pm’ing me if I can respond to them I’m unsure or we can talk via email if it’s allowed if not I am not trying to get suspended here or do anything against the rules so I will respond to anyone here! Ok nowwwww Back to the Etsy stuff

I used my own ssn and name for banking info but when it asks for account holder name I used the business name name. I would love to help whoever I could here but reading every single post about Etsy really really helped me tremendously! I remember seeing someone saying that there’s info you should ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and info you should not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and for me common sense told me which was which. It is 100% possible to make a new Etsy account w ur name and ssn you just need a new address that’s linked to u somehow! I’d be happy to help whoever.

Thanks y’all! Will help whoever I can

P.s this isn’t my first rodeo with stealth accounts and I will also keep everyone updated on my Etsy shop as we go along here but I’m going to take it slow

Finally a glimmer of hope. This is my first ever post/response and I really needed these forums. I was making a killing on Etsy until I got banned yesterday afternoon. I was in a deep panic and I made a new account from a family member's name and went nuts putting my posts back up just to get banned again at night. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I perused the internet, the land of 99% no hope, until I finally made my way into these forums. There's hope. Now navigating bans on Ebay have been a thing for a while now, as ebay is much older. And I figure the same principles used in stealth ebay accounts would be used in stealth etsy accounts, but still, i'm not sure. Regardless, i'm sure the OP writer and anybody else that had gotten banned would have had to navigate the same new reality such as myself. Even if slightly different circumstances.

- M&M

Last edited by ilcarletto; 02-12-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-12-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteGD View Post
Hey guys,

Unfortunately I've just had my Etsy store shut down which was my main source of income, pretty much 1 year old to the day and was on 2300 sales.
I had four cases open on my account, and even though I spoke to the customers and they agreed to let me get a replacements to them - Etsy shut me down before giving them enough time to get their orders (takes 5-9 days outside of the UK, they give me 4).

I was pretty depressed about losing the store and there isn't any other viable options which give me the same scope as Etsy does.

I've been going through the forum to make sure I know exactly what I need to create a stealth account - I was wondering if someone could drop me a PM just to make sure I'm on the right track?

I have a separate bank card, can use a different name, address and phone number, change my IP and use different pictures/titles/descriptions.
Do I need to create a separate account on my PC?

Also if I'm missing anything else, please let me know!
I'd love to PM some of the people who have stated to drop them a message, but unfortunately as this is a new account I can't do that.

Any help is appreciated hugely!
I also apologise if replying to this post is the wrong area for this!

Thanks!
Man I really need the help, I wish I could Pm. Completely new here. Once I start this journey, I was hoping I can use my same products for POD and same pictures, because I put a lot of work into them. Maybe I start with new products and I make them using the same process as the old ones but and then incorporate the old ones. What if with the old pictures I use this app called EXIF Purge (I read about it somewhere) and delete the technical information on them? Just some ideas
Old 02-12-2020

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Hey! I have a new shop running, started Feb 7th, as of today my listings still aren't indexed. I deleted them and listed a few different items instead. How quickly did yours start getting indexed after this?

This will be my 3rd stealth and I don't remember having this issue before so I'm just curious and a little concerned with people saying the shop gets disabled if listings aren't indexed.

I did read in the forums that new shops can take a few days to get indexed, not sure if that's just the case here or not.
Old 02-12-2020

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teslafan View Post
Man I really need the help, I wish I could Pm. Completely new here. Once I start this journey, I was hoping I can use my same products for POD and same pictures, because I put a lot of work into them. Maybe I start with new products and I make them using the same process as the old ones but and then incorporate the old ones. What if with the old pictures I use this app called EXIF Purge (I read about it somewhere) and delete the technical information on them? Just some ideas
I know people have had luck using the same data wiped pics if they edit them by just slightly skewing the proportions. I don't think I would trust using the exact photo with no modifications. It's a serious pain in the a** to start from scratch with products and photos but it's honestly best. Once you're established you will probably have better luck adding your same products back in.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashelizabeth For This Useful Post:
chicagoIL (02-25-2020)
Old 02-12-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelizabeth View Post
I know people have had luck using the same data wiped pics if they edit them by just slightly skewing the proportions. I don't think I would trust using the exact photo with no modifications. It's a serious pain in the a** to start from scratch with products and photos but it's honestly best. Once you're established you will probably have better luck adding your same products back in.
Thanks for that advice! Tell me how you managed to have your 3rd stealth? Unless the others got shut down. If not, how did you even have one to begin with? Where did you learn, whats the process. I want to start right now but i'm afraid of making any pivotal mistakes so early on. I don't believe based off what i've seen that Etsy is as strict as Ebay when it comes to this.
Old 02-13-2020

Longevity: 49%

Thanks for sharing success story!