New Etsy account after permanent suspension? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 01-17-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default New Etsy account after permanent suspension?

I had 2 very successful Etsy shops, one for 2 years and the other for almost a year. Shop #1 got so busy I couldn't keep up and I got slammed with several upset customers who filed cases and left negative reviews within a couple weeks. I already had planned to close this shop, due to not being able to keep up, or make some drastic changed to make it manageable. I was on "vacation mode" already. Well as you all know when Etsy shuts you down they shut down all other shops as well. Even tho shop 2 was perfect with stellar reviews and great sales. I knew that's how it worked already so that is no in question.

I want to open shop #2 back up. As a new shop, obviously. I do not sell physical products out of the second shop so there are no orders to fill and what not.

I know that they link you to your IP. So I have a few questions...

If I get a new IP and set up a new shop do I need to use all new info? Different shop name, different name for myself, new bank account info for deposits and new cc info for fee payments?

On a, failed, whim I tried to just open a new one and it was literally frozen before I could complete the sign up. I assume that it's due to the same info?

Any info is very appreciated. I LOVED selling on Etsy and desperately want to have a shop with them again. For my product there just isn't another platform like Etsy, yet.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-19-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%
Default Re: New Etsy account after permanent suspension?

It's not that hard to get back on. If you are using your same info everywhere it isn't going to work and will get shut down.
Old 01-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Ok I'm going to post to this thread in hopes that I will get some replies!

I got a new modem from AT&T and the installer said that it would change my IP address.

So now I need to get a new bank account?

To set up a new Etsy store I need to use a different name for myself? Can I just use like my middle name or something? I know I am not the only person with my last name...

I have a domain so all of my emails are @....com. Can I just create a new email or with the @....com kick up a flag and get me banned?

I read something about "cleaning photos?" Is that necessary?

My shop only sells digital content.

Last edited by ilcarletto; 01-24-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

welcome to the forum shellie.

Why don't you invest a little money and buy yourself the stealth guide?

This will save you a lot of time answering basic questions.

You can also search the forum which is very helpful for understanding how stealth works
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
bliu60828 (07-22-2020)
Old 01-24-2018
Threadstarter  

I have read thru so many posts but there always seems to be something that doesn't fit. I will look at the stealth guide.

I really just want to open a new, regular, shop.
Old 01-24-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%

No one is going to give exact details on opening direct checkout shops on the open forum. If the method is blown all stealth for DC is over.

You will need a new bank.
New IP.
Get a gmail account.
Get a gift card.
Install an image cleaner.

There’s a bit more in addition to this. You will need the bank and card to get started tho.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
Dmshone10 (05-03-2022)
Old 01-24-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellie View Post
I had 2 very successful Etsy shops, one for 2 years and the other for almost a year. Shop #1 got so busy I couldn't keep up and I got slammed with several upset customers who filed cases and left negative reviews within a couple weeks. I already had planned to close this shop, due to not being able to keep up, or make some drastic changed to make it manageable. I was on "vacation mode" already. Well as you all know when Etsy shuts you down they shut down all other shops as well. Even tho shop 2 was perfect with stellar reviews and great sales. I knew that's how it worked already so that is no in question.

I want to open shop #2 back up. As a new shop, obviously. I do not sell physical products out of the second shop so there are no orders to fill and what not.

If I get a new IP and set up a new shop do I need to use all new info? Different shop name, different name for myself, new bank account info for deposits and new cc info for fee payments?

On a, failed, whim I tried to just open a new one and it was literally frozen before I could complete the sign up. I assume that it's due to the same info?

Any info is very appreciated. I LOVED selling on Etsy and desperately want to have a shop with them again. For my product there just isn't another platform like Etsy, yet.
Hi.I would like to ask how did you make your etsy shop so successful? I want to open shop but I'm afraid I'm not going to have any sales.My friend recently closed her shop. No sales and she had amazing products, really good prices and breathtaking photos.She worked so hard and after 2 years she closed because she had no traffic. 5 sales.She invest and lost lots of money keeping her shop.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saskia K For This Useful Post:
lucy (01-01-2022), slarocco (05-29-2023)
Old 01-24-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskia K View Post
Hi.I would like to ask how did you make your etsy shop so successful? I want to open shop but I'm afraid I'm not going to have any sales.My friend recently closed her shop. No sales and she had amazing products, really good prices and breathtaking photos.She worked so hard and after 2 years she closed because she had no traffic. 5 sales.She invest and lost lots of money keeping her shop.
For me the key things that made my shop successful were my photos, keywords and tags. I spent about 6 months researching and perfecting my SEO before I opened my shop. There are some websites you can use (not sure if I can link them on here but google will tell you!) and some are free or come with trial periods.

It's important to keep up to date with any changes Etsy make as well but essentially without good keywords and tags your products won't come up in the searches and won't be seen by customers.

A strong presence on social media is also a good way to bring traffic in. It is time consuming, because you will also need to research the best hashtags to use for your products, but once you build up a good following it will help with traffic and hopefully sales.

A mailing list is also not a bad idea. I used mine to offer coupons and birthday vouchers. Wish I could just bring all my subscribers over to the new stealth shop once it opens :(
The Following User Says Thank You to nikkiniks For This Useful Post:
slarocco (05-29-2023)
Old 09-14-2019

Longevity: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellie View Post

I have the same problem
Did you find a solution?? please
Old 12-05-2019

Longevity: 46%

Just got kicked off etsy, Have you had any luck getting back in?
Old 12-13-2019

Longevity: 24%

I sent an email about mine and they stated that I had too many complaints that will make them not want to come back to ETSY again and that is why they suspended my account and will not reopen and I have a 4.8 start rating with 60 reviews.
Old 12-18-2019

Longevity: 26%

Hello people

Please can you tell me what the stealth account is supposed to do to help you with opening up a new Etsy account
Old 12-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
No one is going to give exact details on opening direct checkout shops on the open forum. If the method is blown all stealth for DC is over.

You will need a new bank.
New IP.
Get a gmail account.
Get a gift card.
Install an image cleaner.

There’s a bit more in addition to this. You will need the bank and card to get started tho.
Sorry for the silly questions.

What is the gift card and image cleaner for?

I'm only assuming I am going to get suspended. I had to leave the country and several orders did not get shipped timely and people were pissed off.

I have another bank account
New IP is no big deal to get
New Gmail

What else will I need?
Old 01-04-2020

WHY GIFT CARD?
can't i use my son's debit card?
does etsy know my son't debit card is mailed to my home address that was used on my old suspended account?
why is a gift card necessary?
Old 01-10-2020

How to set up a new Etsy account after suspension. Has anyone figured out the best way to do that yet? Is a new IP necessary? I tried VPN, but not sure if that is working. Each time, the new account gets shut down right away. I used a new bank account, new card #, different physical address, VPN, new email address and different pics to start. I tried several times. Last account lasted for a few days, still got shut down. How can it be done?
Old 02-04-2020

Question I’m in the same situation. I have multiple bank accounts I can use is it ok that the bank account is in MY name?
Old 02-07-2020

I thought Etsy now required you to input SSN and upload a valid copy of your driver license when opening an account? I had to go through all of that when opening another account.
Old 02-08-2020

Red face Re: New Etsy account after permanent suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadatada20 View Post
I thought Etsy now required you to input SSN and upload a valid copy of your driver license when opening an account? I had to go through all of that when opening another account.
They only ask for ur ID if ur SSN doesn’t match the name and address connected to the bank account info u put in. So opening bank accounts to different addresses u were connected to or are currently connected to is a must. I just made a account after 2 suspensions with success and noID check at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:
ch0koreeto (07-07-2020), Dmshone10 (05-02-2022)
Old 02-08-2020

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsySucks View Post
How to set up a new Etsy account after suspension. Has anyone figured out the best way to do that yet? Is a new IP necessary? I tried VPN, but not sure if that is working. Each time, the new account gets shut down right away. I used a new bank account, new card #, different physical address, VPN, new email address and different pics to start. I tried several times. Last account lasted for a few days, still got shut down. How can it be done?
Etsy have now banned the use of VPNs so you will get an instant ban if you try and make an account using a VPN - you can use other methods.
Old 02-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
They only ask for ur ID if ur SSN doesn’t match the name and address connected to the bank account info u put in. So opening bank accounts to different addresses u were connected to or are currently connected to is a must. I just made a account after 2 suspensions with success and noID check at all.
Interesting to note
Old 02-11-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
Will using a SSN that was connected to an account that got banned 3 years ago be ok?
Old 02-18-2020

Activity: 1%

If I use natural network environment, I can't set up second stealth account then since I only have one IP address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
Etsy have now banned the use of VPNs so you will get an instant ban if you try and make an account using a VPN - you can use other methods.
The Following User Says Thank You to campos For This Useful Post:
Daveh83 (01-21-2024)