New UK Stealth account, paypal asked me to 'confirm my information? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-18-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Question New UK Stealth account, paypal asked me to 'confirm my information?

New UK paypal account, just confirmed the bank, then when I click the 'lift limit'
Paypal asked for ' CONFIRM YOUR INFORMATION '.

When I clicked it I was guided to a page that had all of my details (NAME, ADDRESS, DATE OF BIRTH). At the top of the page read the following:

'To comply with the law, we must take steps to confirm your identity before removing your account limits. Please check and confirm that the following details are correct. '

So I check them over and they all match the Stealth that I created .

I didn't click the 'SUBMIT' , I don't know what will happen next , need help .Thanks a lot~
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

paypal do that in case you have an error with your info. You should not have a problem to press submit.
Here's an example

name: Joe Buster
address 12 Spring Lane. WH1 4
email buster@hellfire.co.uk
You put those details in but the screen comes up to confirm: you realise the address should be21 Spring Lane so you fix the error
Try again..
Old 09-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
paypal do that in case you have an error with your info. You should not have a problem to press submit.
Here's an example

name: Joe Buster
address 12 Spring Lane. WH1 4
email buster@hellfire.co.uk
You put those details in but the screen comes up to confirm: you realise the address should be21 Spring Lane so you fix the error
Try again..
Thanks for your prompt reply ,but I don't think it is just like an alert to ask me to fix error. It is another step to lift the limits.
The paypal account is already verified by bank account ,and I've added the bussiness information already . But I still have 3000GBP sending and receiving limit, so I clicked 'lift limit' ,then paypal asked for ' Confirm your information' .

Old 09-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

MyBad. There has been a tech.fault with paypal. In this thread you will read that both citypark & Ebayorburst resolved the same problem

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...l-account.html

Try that and tell the forum the outcome,please
Old 10-05-2009

Longevity: 88%

help its the same with me anytime i go to confirm your information - it says we are currently unable to process your request. please try later. ive been getting this message for about a week - or if the page does load it goes to (confirming your information) waits a cupple of secs.. then i get another error screen saying A technical problem prevents us from completing the confirmation process now. please try later.
what do i do, do i call them or email them or just keep trying im not sure if there using a national database to check peoples identities or do they know my i.d if ⊗⊗⊗⊗?
Old 10-05-2009

Longevity: 88%

now im getting a new message that says some of the information that i provided is incorret, i think they know the infomation is ⊗⊗⊗⊗
Old 10-07-2009
Threadstarter  

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by haorichards View Post
help its the same with me anytime i go to confirm your information - it says we are currently unable to process your request. please try later. ive been getting this message for about a week - or if the page does load it goes to (confirming your information) waits a cupple of secs.. then i get another error screen saying A technical problem prevents us from completing the confirmation process now. please try later.
what do i do, do i call them or email them or just keep trying im not sure if there using a national database to check peoples identities or do they know my i.d if ⊗⊗⊗⊗?
same problem!still haven't resolved!!

another victim here:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...tml#post106769
Old 10-07-2009

Longevity: 84%

same here....I don't think this will ever be solved..paypal system has gotten stronger :(
Old 10-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Ye of little faith..........of course you can get round this

There are reports that the glitch allows verification thru eventually but takes a few days..got a feeling that is all it is......

However if it continues for you, call paypal...

If it does not reolve for you please update us...so lets gather answers, what did each of you put in as info - completely made up info or real address or real name and dob or combo or what - exact tactics please to solve this, as it could be as simple as they are detecting faux addresses or it could be more substantial and they are running names and dob thru equifax...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 10-07-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

This issue is still going on. When you tick to "confirm your information" You either get a message saying the information is incorrect or that there is a technical problem.

If we call up paypal do we need to be worried that they will ask too many probing questions. I having been trying to open up 3 separate Paypal account all with the same problem. As I can get past the "confirm your information" bit then there is NO phone call and No letter on the way.

I hope this is just a glitch and it will resolve. Do you think we would know if the Paypal systems had gotten more robust and therefore reject new sign ups if the information is not 100% accurate?

This is puzzling me. If it stays like this then We will NOT be able to create any new Paypal account.

Oh God, someone please reassure me, life as we know it is over.

Also note to admin: Can I have a picture like some other users. I would like a picture of a shaking rabbit with red eyes from worry and stress. I think that depicts me perfectly. How can I add this picture?
Old 10-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

you can choose your own pic, look under the profile section

If you dont want to call, then have you emailed them..

Its just other members have reported eventual resolution, after discussing it with paypal, they confirmed limits lifted , even though its not showing right now...

Can we clarify is this a made up address that you cannot find/doesnt exist or is it a real address?
Old 10-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

What I am talking about is that I cant even get past the confirm your information. I have 3 separate accounts. All stuck at this point. Either gives message that information is incorrect, or there is a technical issue.

Ihave never had tis before. It wont even try to call a number or send the letter. Are we all talking about this same issue. Its nothing to do with the limits. The confirm your information just wont complete and get a tick.

If this is a new part of paypal confirmation then people are going to have a hard time.

Please let me know. Thanks
Old 10-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

I am talking about when you press lift limits and they ask you to confirm info and send location code ....

You are expecting answers, when we only have reports from you guys on this thread to go on....

Im not asking these questions for my health.....Its important we isolate what stealth type details may be causing this, as people use various combos and address types, so see post 9 or you can pm me...
Old 10-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%

Hi all,

I will confirm what happened when i did this:

When you "confirm information" it will automatically fail if the account is stealth. Paypal is using credit checking facilities to match your name etc to the given address. Given the account is stealth, it will definitely fail.

The next option is to confirm by phone. Even when this is successful, the receiving limit appears to not have been lifted.

I have emailed Paypal three times (twice on one account and once on another) about this issue. The response back is that my account is fully verified and confirmed and that from their end, my account has no limits. That was weeks ago now. I would add that all of my stealth PP accounts still appear to have this limit in place. Despite what PP have told me, I will reserve judgement until I approach my receiving limit............

Anyway, must dash...... Going over to Florida for 10 days to play on roller coasters. See ya all later...........

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 10-08-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Still giving me lots of trouble? ANyone else?

Get Verified and Lift Sending Limits
We are currently unable to process your request. We apologise for this inconvenience. Please try again later.

Some required information is incorrect. Please correct your information and try again.

Confirm your information Review and confirm your account information

Your account has initial withdrawal and receiving limits. To lift your limits complete the steps contained in the table below.
Old 10-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Hi all,

I will confirm what happened when i did this:

When you "confirm information" it will automatically fail if the account is stealth. Paypal is using credit checking facilities to match your name etc to the given address. Given the account is stealth, it will definitely fail.

Anyway, must dash...... Going over to Florida for 10 days to play on roller coasters. See ya all later...........
Why would there be a credit record for users against a UK address? Think about it & think hard. The name is not the reason
Old 10-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Have been trying with 4 new PP accounts. The credit card and bank accounts are all new and ok.

The problem lies with either with the date of birth or something else.

I have created loads of paypal accounts in the past with no problems and I always get an automated phone call or letter to verify.

Has anyone been able to set up and confirm any paypal accounts in the last days. I am really trying to sort this but am running out of ideas.

Glitch or new verification methods? Please let me know

Thanks
Old 10-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

ebayor bust: just to confirm which details are real and which are stealth.

Date of Birth: Real or Stealth?

Address: Real or Stealth?

Phone number: Real, Stealth or voip?

As it stands at this moment I am unable to register any of 4 PP accounts all varied details. This worked before. ANyone with a solution or ideas about this, I would be grateful.
Old 10-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

This is not looking good. More members are complaining that even when all information is added the confirm your information box wont work. When you ring PP or email you get a canned response that they cant modify user accounts.

I guess the way forward is to set up accounts using friends and family. Damm I am not keen on this.

Anyway gotta go, I have to befreind my 86 year old neighbour and use his phone.

Lets find out the bottom line on this guys. I will ring PP today about my account and see what the score is.
Old 07-06-2010
rafc

Longevity: 0%

I agree, it seems that it might be the end of the line for stealth pp accounts... :(
Old 07-06-2010

Longevity: 80%

Are they even allowed to use credit agencies without your express permission, or have they hidden the request in their terms of service so when people dont read it in full, and click accept, they are accepting the credit search? didn't the UK used to have some sort of privacy laws to protect us from corporate vultures?
Old 07-06-2010
rafc

Longevity: 0%

I agree - this is ridiculous . Since when did they start doing all this -- I have 4 stealth paypal accounts that I obviously can't confirm because of phake info, I did the phone thing and put my vcc up but then I get the error message for all of them which won't let me go any further. And I can't call them up because I'm supposed to be a 56 year old man! (I'm 21) .

Does anyone have UK paypal accounts for sale with the limits removed? I have checked on the ebay accounts for sale forum but no luck. Even lakeman rejected my advances :(

I am cry