An another Copyright Violation Question please help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-07-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default An another Copyright Violation Question please help

hello so I have been warned by Copyright Violation but none of my listings are removed it just I believe somebody reported me not vero

I have a very good account since 2003 not too many feedback but good 5 stars

I really don't want to mess with an another account and create all different listing so I want to call ebay to see if they can remove this warning from my account

I am here asking before I call them but at the same time I don't want to mess things up more basically I became paranoid because of ebay so I even scary to call them but do you guys think when you call them do you think they will help me out or just say the same old messages to most people?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

If it's only a warning, don't bother ebay about it. They might upgrade the severity if you draw attention to it. Warnings don't mean much. Staffers don't often look at that, and the ones who do look won't really care much. Not worth the risk of making it worse by trying to erase it. Buyers can't see that, as far as I am aware.

Being nervous is a bad trait for an ebay seller to have. Relax and don't give a rat's patootie. Pretend it's happening to somebody else in a TV show and that it isn't you that it is happening to. If you saw it in a script on TV, would you care? Would it bother you? eBay doesn't know you. Buyers don't know you. You are a statistic. Tons of warnings get handed out every day. You are lost in the crowd. Very few people freak out about it. If you freak out, you get noticed.
Old 10-07-2009
Threadstarter  

hello vicvelcro thank you for your kind message and i appreciated your time reason I became paranoid its because I had ebay accounts in good standing before but because of these messages I have been flagged or something happened and I end up suspended

ebay currently is my only income and thats why I cant risk it with anything but right after your message so should I just create new listings with different titles remove turbo lister and open up fresh

do you think that will work out? but policy compliance rating became low after i received these two Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item messages

only think I don't know how many after my account will get suspended

like any of you here got the same think as i have and still selling it on same account?

thank you for all your help
Old 10-07-2009
Vicvelcro

Definitely get rid of turbolister. If you have multiple accounts, turbolister is telling on you.

If you look around here for info about those warnings, you'll find advice that advises you to rest your account until the warning wears off. eBay does not remove them, so asking them is a waste of time and could backfire.

In the search box for the forum, type in 'mc019' without the ' marks. That will provide you plenty of info and education about copyright warnings. Tips on what NOT to do and tips on what TO do.

VeRO reps are most often to blame for you getting the warning. And if you communicate with eBay at all about it, they only tell you they CAN NOT remove them.

The warnings self-expire. Just move to another account BEFORE you get suspended and then come back to the account in a couple months or simply list safe stuff and move the risky listings to the next account.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 10-07-2009 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-07-2009
Threadstarter  

vicvelcro thank you so much for your response i do that search it looks like it will exprive in a year but yes i will definitely not bother with turbo lister and remove that completely i guess i will have to start a fresh account once again thank you for your time and response

i hope next time i will be sharing not asking thank you
Old 10-07-2009
Vicvelcro

Copyright warnings expire in 60 days. If your account(s) is/are not suspended yet, let them rest while the warnings age. While you are waiting, make some backup/spare accounts and start carefully building feedback and transaction history. If you plan on making ebay more than a hobby, investing the time now will be very helpful later.

If you've been getting those warnings often, I suggest maybe making 20 or 30 spare accounts (not all in the same day). If you only get them once or twice a week, 10 accounts should be plenty.

Examine how you describe your items, the category you list them in, the 'hotness' of the item (trouble - not popularity), and other factors.

Example you might consider: if you sell Rolex watches, don't call it a Rolex and don't even list in that category. Call it a Roll X Time Piece and list it as a collectible.

That's just a general suggestion. Be creative.
Old 10-07-2009
Threadstarter  

vicvelcro once again thank you for your time responding as that makes my mind clear good enought

unfortunately it says "Avoid violating this policy again and your account will be clear of this violation after Oct-06-10."

just like you said I will be resting that account for a while all I wanted to become a power seller but it looks like it is not going to happen

than I will change my listing as much as I can while removing my turbo lister cookies and all that and list it on the new ebay account i got

but still while I am doing all that I will be using my same paypal account which I currently have no problems and very old too I am just hoping next time if I ever got warning not to become suspended just because I been using the same paypal address I hope my warnings not become linked. And I guess thats the best I can do for now

once again thank you so much any more suggestions would be great for me
Old 10-07-2009
Vicvelcro

I suggest you avoid listing copyright protected goods on the account you plan on making a powerseller. Use a stealth account for those items and another account selling a high volume of non-VeRO goods to get the PS status. Then you'll have a bit more breathing room later.

I've never seen a warning that took a year to expire. That's a new one by me.

Use a new PP account for a new ebay account. Don't use the same old PP with a new ebay. Let the old PP rest with the old ebay. No shortcuts here. Each PP/ebay combo should have NOTHING to do in any way with any other accounts you have. That is the safe way.
Old 10-07-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
I suggest you avoid listing copyright protected goods on the account you plan on making a powerseller. Use a stealth account for those items and another account selling a high volume of non-VeRO goods to get the PS status. Then you'll have a bit more breathing room later.

I've never seen a warning that took a year to expire. That's a new one by me.

Use a new PP account for a new ebay account. Don't use the same old PP with a new ebay. Let the old PP rest with the old ebay. No shortcuts here. Each PP/ebay combo should have NOTHING to do in any way with any other accounts you have. That is the safe way.
If you got o Seller Dashboard, it shows that it takes an year for that to expires.

However on your message alert, it's 60 days... I think Seller Dash board is more accurate, because message alert is only an alert, not the violation.
Old 10-07-2009
Vicvelcro

Oh, year. Right. I forgot that now you don't have to already be a powerseller to use the dashboard. Me, I always avoiding becoming a powerseller, so I never actually saw the dashboard until just a few months ago. I keep forgetting that thing is actually there.

Now I just .have. to go take a peek at my worst one.
Old 10-07-2009
Threadstarter  

vicvelcro

i wanted to do the same thing as you are telling me start from nothing like different ip different account no cookies nothing at all different ssh

but i have nothing but this account right now i cant risk the account but at the same time i cannot wait until it becomes good again since this is really my only income and i am paying my food rent with this so without this seriously i either find a job asap or become homeless without no question

I have to keep selling what I am selling is digital product but it is not copyrighted as i will never risk my life with that kinda stuff i prefer become bumb but not stay in jail

my question is actually simple but i don't think it has a static answer like if i will start from new account fresh that doesn't have no violations if i ever receive that warning do you think that will link with my other ebay account and suspend them? maybe without even no warning? not sure what to do man i am stuck now
Old 10-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^FRP, Belated Welcome to the forum.

Right now you are in 'overdrive' & that's something lots of us here understand.

You are going to need to make stealth accounts. You are going to need to be very careful about what you list on them.

To get back up & selling, you have to stop this 'I have to do this' or 'I have to do that'. Take it from me, continue annoying ebay with your listings & it's farewell to your account. Take a rest, read the forum & see how you can get back to ebay.

With turbolister, be very very careful about uninstalling it. It can be hard to do.
Keep asking the questions: we all will try to help. You have to start doing your bit
Old 10-07-2009
Vicvelcro

Re #11:

It's pretty clear that whatever you are listing is unwelcome by ebay. So, maybe consider choosing something else to generate profit for now. Then when you can finance the creation of a stealth account, get it done and then use the new account to resume where you leave off.

Make sure you don't skip any of the elements for stealth. You can do everything right but ignore ONE detail, and it could spell doom for the new account. Stick with the plan, and you really can't go wrong (unless you really push some other issue too far).