The MEGA UK eBay & PayPal FAQ Thread - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-27-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: The MEGA UK eBay & PayPal FAQ Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFK123 View Post
I have a question . if you have a LTD company , should you open another LTD ,

or will 1 LTD company with 2 different trading addresses not stop the ebay account getting limited?
Even if you have 10 LTD companies, the director (you) would all have the same name anyway.

Furthermore a quick director check, will show you all the 10 LTD companies.

I don't know if eBay/PayPal go that far when checking, but the option is open to them.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2019

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Even if you have 10 LTD companies, the director (you) would all have the same name anyway.

Furthermore a quick director check, will show you all the 10 LTD companies.

I don't know if eBay/PayPal go that far when checking, but the option is open to them.
So how would you get around this.

I have one account [ account 1] opened under the limited company[abc ltd]. I feel like I have a silent limit.
I have read the book but feel this query is not answered , so help on this will be greatly appreciated so i can proceed.
----------------------------------
example :
my current account is set out like this
ebay name :abc ltd

paypal name : my personal name
under business info : abc ltd
bank: abc ltd
-------------------------------
i want to open account 2. would this be the current layout ?
ebay name : friend name

paypal name : friend name
under business info : friend name [ dont tell paypal it is a ltd same as abc ltd]
bank : friend name
-----------

then just declare the sales onto abc ltd companies VAT return and tax calculation for tax purposes..

is any one else dealing with LIMITED companies like this ?

the concern I have is if the invoices are on my friends name for ebay , declaring them to HMRC for ABC ltd maybe an issue....
Old 07-01-2019
jayd135

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Last Updated - 6th July 2018

This is a little project that I have been wanting to put together for a few months to put all the most frequently asked questions that I see on the forum and that I get day to day as an account seller and long term member here.

This FAQ is relating to UK eBay & PayPal. There will be some overlap with eBay & PayPal US, but this is aimed towards people running accounts here in the UK

It ties in very well with this thread > Acronym List

Most comment questions

1 - I have just been limited on eBay and / or PayPal or I think I am about to be limited! What do I do?!?!
First take a deep breath and count to 10. That is the hard part! The next bit it really easy. Get yourself a copy of the stealth guide and read it. Then read it again! Now your ready to start getting back onto eBay stronger than ever before. You are not alone, we have all be there at one point and nearly everyone I have talked to over the years on the forum is now in a better stronger position than when they got limited.

2 - How long can a stealth account last
Well that is down to how you run it! It can last many many years with the right care and attention

3 - How do I add a bank account and will they see my name?
Banks dont share names with PayPal so you just add your bank account just like normal. You can use basic accounts, current accounts and savings accounts. You cannot use ISAs

4 - What are EU limits?
They are limitations placed on a PayPal account. They are €2500 per year. Now as we are in the UK our exact limitation varies with the exchange rate. At £1650 you will be given a soft limitation which doesn't stop you doing anything and asked for further documents though. At approx £2200 you will be given a hard limitation and you will have to provide documents. If you PM anyone in in the moderation team (purple name) they can point you in the right direction for help

5 - What is a VCC? Do I need one?
They are virtual cards. Do you need one? No not really, but you dont need an umbrella in rain but it sure as hell helps! We have lots of great sellers here on the marketplace that can help with VCCs

6 - I have heard of Entropay. Is it any good?
Its great to make a one off payment on eBay if you dont have enough money in your PayPal to cover your fees. It is no good for adding into PayPal anymore though. It causes account limitations. If you do open a Entropay account make sure to open it in your own real details

7 - What do I use for an IP? How do I get a new one?
The best place for stealth is without a question IP Burger. This is Aspkins own VPN service and it really is the Ferrari of the VPN world and who wants to drive a Skoda when they can drive a Ferrari! It has been designed and tailored for use with stealth accounts. There is nothing better available

8 - Can I not just buy a limit proof account?
I have had this question so many times over the years. There is no such thing as a limit proof account. It just does not exist. You can make yourself limit proof though and run 5/6 accounts, that way if 1 account gets limited it no a big deal and you can just pick up the slack with your other accounts and then make / buy a new account to take the place of the limited account.

9 - Can I get a VBA? What is a VBA?
VBA stands for virtual bank account. They just do not exist here in the UK

10 - What about the 200 / $20,000 limit I see mentioned?
That is just for US PayPal. In the UK (or anywhere outside the US) you dont need to worry about that

11 - What do I do about returns?
It really depends on the value of the item. Low value I just offer my buyers a partial refund and let them keep the item. If they dont accept that then I just issue a full refund and still let them keep the item. For higher value items I will still usually try with a partial refund of some sort, but if the buyer doesn't go for that option then I will arrange for the item to be collect and delivered to my home address. This way I avoid having to put my address into eBay and I still get my item back

12 - Which banks should I use?
Personally I would stick to main high street banks. Halifax, HSBC, Nationwide, Natwest & RBS for me have all be great over the years. Lloyds is a bit hit and miss. TSB I have not personally tested.

13 - Can I use a prepaid bank account?
You can do yes, guy like TrasnferWise, Uaccount, Revolut are great but, and its a bit but, they do have a reputation for closing down accounts that get too much money. They also have issues with mismatching names sometimes

14 - Do I have to track my IP address?
If you use an IP service like IP Burger then no you don't need to worry about IPs at all! If you use a dongle or home internet though then you do need to make sure you track your IP address carefully to prevent overlap. This thread can help you with that > Easy Way to Track IP Addresses

15 - Can I buy things from my stealth seller account?
Yes you can, but that doesnt mean you should. The issue will be how do you get it delivered? Now if you have easy access to an address that you can get mail at that has not been used with eBay or PayPal before then its fine. If you dont though then the best thing to do is use a dedicated buyers account. eBay rarely limits buyers account and these days you dont need a PayPal to have a buyer account. You can make a new eBay even at a banned address so long as its just used for buying. You just need to follow the normal stealth methods and then use a slight name variation. You may then fun any purchases with your own credit or debit card on eBay directly. No need to get PayPal involved.

16 - Can I sell the same items I used to sell?
On eBay the good news is yes you can! You cannot just copy your old listings though. You need new pictures, new descriptions and new layouts. Make sure to use an EXIF cleaner on your pictures and you can list things you used to list. eBay really doesnt seem to link user accounts by items listed in the same way Amazon does. They use very very different tracking methods.

17 - How much an I sell?
This is really hard to answer. You can sell as much as you can sell until you get limited really. Sooner or later 99% of accounts will get hit with some sort of limitation. Thankfully they can most the time be overturned. As a rule of thumb I stick to no more than £7,000 per account per month. Now that doesn't sound like a lot, but if you have 10 accounts its suddenly a huge amount and you have 10 times the ability to capture the same buyer. Its so easy to run several accounts there there really is no reason why you dont

18 - How can I get 10 bank accounts?
Easily! I stick to no more than 4 or 5 accounts with any one bank. If you have say 3 with Natwest, 2 with HSBC, 4 with Halifax then you are already at 10. Its really that easy! Just make sure to not go crazy right away. If you apply for a current account they will effect your credit score. Savings account will not but you still want to pace yourself with it. 1 current account and 2 savings account within the first week is fine with the same bank. The second week you cant then open 2 more savings accounts with another bank. You are then well on your way already!

19 - Can I withdraw to a card or VCC?
No you cannot in the UK. In the UK you can only withdraw to a UK or a US based bank account.

I am going to keep this upto date as I find more questions that are asked frequently. Its a constant work in progress!

Anyone can ask questions in this thread even if you think its a daft question. Believe me you wont have been the first to ask it and it certainly wont be the daftest question I have ever had! When starting out on your stealth adventure you want to arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible and that is exactly what this thread is here to help with and I will make sure to check this thread daily.
Im buying a new pc and wil be creating a stealth account, on on here instead of my phone but from your experience and other people's on here, how long will it take to set this all up, as I'm wanting to create several and i don't want to waste too much time, on creating these?

Also you said you can sell as mucb as you can, until you get unlimited but i thought there is only a limit, until ebay suspends my account?

Obv there's loads of sellers selling high risk items, even fairly recent accounts with like 20 feedbacks, so when exactly can i start selling higj risk items?
Old 12-16-2019

Longevity: 30%

Hello everyone.

I have a question regarding a bank account. I do not want to add a bank account to Paypal. I will simply cash out with PayPal through third-party services. Can this lead to account suspension? Do I have to add a bank account without fail?
Old 12-17-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Withdrawal to bank accounts is always the best cashing out method

You can use other methods but yes they do lead to a slightly high suspension rate. It really depends on the method your using
Old 01-20-2020

Longevity: 26%

Hi,
Im confused about a few things, im not sure if its because ive read the whole stealth guide in one go and im tired ha!

I may have the possibility to open a stealth account under my dads name and address the only thing is that I used to live at that address about 15 years ago for a short period of time and it may be linked (i know this address has been registered as my address on paypal in the past). If the entire account is in his name it wouldn't matter though right? It would just look like his account?
Also im confused about verifying the paypal account with a bank account. Would I have to get my dad to open a separate bank account that id have access to or could I use a fresh bank account in my name? My dad doesn't even have internet access except on his smartphone, so he doesn't really have an online presence except for facebook lols
So retreiving the verification amounts for paypal would be a ball ache, he'd have to go into town and get a statement etc, plus hes a huge stress head (not unlike myself so if I dont make it seem easy breezy to him he'll be anxious about the whole thing.

Basically my problems are, i used to live at my dads house, we have the same surname and i'd rather not use his bank account

I am currently selling on my mums account and have been travelling to her house (separate house to from my dads) to list and she manages the messages and offers for me. She uses this account for buying things but not selling (sometimes she sells the odd thing) but she still likes having the option to sell. After reading the Stealth Book ive realised it could be an option to use this account and log in under a VPN at my home to fully manage it. Its already all set up. Would it be safe for me to take over that account fully and get her to open a new account for her buying activity and the odd listing she does. She maybe nervous about me risking her ebay account but ive heard well established accounts rarely get suspended.

Also a huge question for me is, what are the tax implications in selling under someone elses name? Me, my mum and dad are all self employed and so are self assessment registered and it will look like they are earning more money than they actually are

Im struggling to know what is the best direction to go in, i am an incredibly cautious person so cant see myself slipping up but ebay are so thorough and brutal, they terrify me

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-20-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Not really a stealth account if its in your dads name Its just an account in his name

You can use your own bank account still though added to a PP in his name - so long as he is OK with that

Re the tax implication - he would in theory have to declare all sales he makes on eBay and gets paid for but you would have to talk to an accountant about the details
Old 02-01-2020

Longevity: 40%

I am in a similar situation using my fathers name for pp/fleabay. Recently pp sent the penny to my account to verify but there was no code? I've been told the reason is a mismatch between the name on the account (mine) and name on pp account (dads) I thought they didn't look at the names? Can I simply make the bank account joint by adding my dad?
Old 02-13-2020

Longevity: 24%

I can not find how to do accounts directly with 1k limits
Old 02-14-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

That just takes a lot of trial and error
Old 02-17-2020

Longevity: 45%

So if you are not UK residence and unable to open real bank accounts on own name then you should not use UK stealth accounts, can you confirm this ? As non EU, non UK citizen, we don't have chance to withdraw the money in UK PAYPAL.
Old 02-19-2020

Longevity: 26%

So with stealth accounts in the UK, I should open a seperate bank account in my own name?

Also, does anyone know how to lift EU limits with stealth accounts?
Old 02-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc38 View Post
So with stealth accounts in the UK, I should open a seperate bank account in my own name?

Also, does anyone know how to lift EU limits with stealth accounts?
Open a saver with your existing bank. Quick and easy to do.

Lift limits by supplying ID and utility bill in your stealth details. If you are making your own accounts and don't feel confident in making your own, then there are sellers in the marketplace that can help.
Old 02-27-2020

Longevity: 23%

Just about to set stealth up..I am an Internet marketer selling digital products.. my issue uk limited is 1650 but I see USA account 20,000 ish. I turned over 65,000 last year on digital products so need a PP with a Big ish limited from the off.. is this possible?
Old 03-16-2020

This information has really made my day , opened up new doors for me , thanks for the information.
Old 03-16-2020
Subscribed [VIP]

I'm confused between points 4 & 10. One is saying 1600 limit and another is saying no limit. Could you please clear this. Sorry for the noob question.
Old 03-16-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

4 - Refers to UK and other EU PayPal accounts

10 - Refers to PayPal USA and doesn't apply in the UK or EU
Old 04-02-2020

Longevity: 32%

Can I use my old PayPal on a restricted eBay on my new ebay?
Old 04-02-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Short answer is long-term it won’t work usually

You might get a couple of months out of it but you might also just get a couple of days out of it
Old 11-18-2020

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

This needs a managed payments update very soon. But still a great thread.
Old 01-17-2021

Longevity: 18%

I agree, is there any existing threads in regards to the new managed payments on eBay?
Old 01-17-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Still all very new

Can MP work with stealth? Yes - its not as simple as it used to be but its still possible and as we learn more it will become easier