Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-25-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all?

So I'm using my friend account that I bought from him. He has had that account for a few years. He sold stuff on there. He created another PayPal account for that ebay account and I have control of both. I use IPBurger on my phone and computer. The computer and phone have not been used for anything other than these accounts. I am above standard on eBay. The PayPal account is 6 months old at least. I had my friend call PayPal but they never give him a clear answer. I sell at least 10 items a week or even more like 20. I was getting all the payments available immediately for a while but then I sold an item for 300 and it's held for 14 days. And the next 5 items I sold were held for 3 days. Then the next 7 items were not held. But tonight they held a 50 dollar sale. This is confusing me. Any advice from anyone? Anyone had this happen to them before?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-26-2020

Longevity: 24%
Default Re: Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all?

Paypal just do as they wish..eehehehh
Old 02-26-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Random payments holds based on Paypal assessing you as risky. Nothing you can do other than continue selling and wait until your payments are released. After a few months of being a good seller you will get instant access to all of your payments.

Also you should be aware that, since your friend linked a new Paypal to his old eBay, those two paypals are now linked and they will both be limited if either one ever gets into trouble.
Old 02-28-2020

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Random payments holds based on Paypal assessing you as risky. Nothing you can do other than continue selling and wait until your payments are released. After a few months of being a good seller you will get instant access to all of your payments.

Also you should be aware that, since your friend linked a new Paypal to his old eBay, those two paypals are now linked and they will both be limited if either one ever gets into trouble.

Thats not true...Ive had several paypal limited but the ebay account was fine
Old 02-28-2020

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaat12 View Post
So I'm using my friend account that I bought from him. He has had that account for a few years. He sold stuff on there. He created another PayPal account for that ebay account and I have control of both. I use IPBurger on my phone and computer. The computer and phone have not been used for anything other than these accounts. I am above standard on eBay. The PayPal account is 6 months old at least. I had my friend call PayPal but they never give him a clear answer. I sell at least 10 items a week or even more like 20. I was getting all the payments available immediately for a while but then I sold an item for 300 and it's held for 14 days. And the next 5 items I sold were held for 3 days. Then the next 7 items were not held. But tonight they held a 50 dollar sale. This is confusing me. Any advice from anyone? Anyone had this happen to them before?
if your business is truly profitable,a temp hold on your fund should not upset your business.
Old 02-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekay View Post
Thats not true...Ive had several paypal limited but the ebay account was fine
Everything I said was true and I didn't say anything about eBay.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread though.
Old 02-28-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
if your business is truly profitable,a temp hold on your fund should not upset your business.
You clearly don't understand ALL businesses.
Old 02-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaat12 View Post
Best advice is to avoid using friend account - learn stealth - make sure your own accounts and grow them over time