Damn! just got limited...what next? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-14-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default The Good News and the Bad News

The good news is that I received an email from PP saying that they received all of my items but since some of the items were still in transit and not confirmed delivered they could not deem that requirement satisfied yet. They said that when it was, all I had to do was to add a bank account which is not biggie if they don't verify the name, only that it is a vaild account...I have a couple of extra of those.

What a bunch of BS, just make us do it upfront for Pete's Sake.

The bad news is that in the meantime I can't list anything and I have someone that wants me to do a couple of hours work putting stuff up this weekend and will pay me my fees plus $200. He will have at least this kind of volume and probably more monthly...I wouldn't mind being paid $100/hour and doing 5 hours of work for him a month. hope he is willing to wait up to a week to get this cleared up. Also I have a few items that all have bids or are sold which I'm sure PP will gladly accept payment for before I can explain things to the buyers, meaning PP will hold my money (maybe never release it) and I still have to ship out the items to avoid neg FB's in the event that the EB and PP accounts are salvagable, which based on the tone of their last email sounds promising.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2007

Mine got suspended a month ago.. of course tried my best to lift limitation or whatever they called and had to fax all those the proof of shipment and ID and blah blah blah... but later they decided to close my account. I have $1500 sitting there.. DANG.. I was stupid not to withdraw that money right away... Now I'm using my hubby's paypal and never log in to that old one after changing IP address. Not even opening new emails from both PayPal and Ebay suspended accounts but I'm afraid if this one is going to get limited. PayPal sucks but I have no choice ..... sales are going to drop if I refuse to accept PayPal.

I have google Checkout but I can not even post it on EB that I accept Google Checkout stupid............. my listings got removed because of that as well... I guess I'm learning not to cause any more problems and following the Feebay's RULES.
Old 09-15-2007

Oh.. Does anyone know how to open a new account without giving new information?? I need backup for sure.. They screw people so bad and you get bunch of claims and complaints once you get limited. All refunds and crazy stuffs.. I HATE that. Now I use giftcard as you guys suggest for Ebay account but have no idea about PayPal.. PLEASE HELP ME OUT.. I WANT BACK UP for PAYPAL.
Old 09-15-2007
Threadstarter  

I am staying optimistic about the PP account, because I have provided them everything very quickly and they have responded quickly. What really bothers me is the crap about "risky"activity. Do they mean just by using it? Less than $100 of traffic counting sent and received...geez if that's risky then what is safe?
The worst part is it has frozen my EB account from listing anything...it is not suspended, I can still access it and contact other userd, etc...just can't list. I don't know about bidding I haven't tried that yet.

I didn't know until last night that you can't even list an item on EB without listing a PP address or other merchant account. The only reason that I can think of for this is to protect people who refuse to pay via MO and wnat the protection of being able to dispute, etc that a CC offers.
Old 09-15-2007
Threadstarter  

I am pretty sure that what they want is for me to just jump through a few more hoops. Actually when the limit is lifted it will then also be verified which isn't a bad thing. They certainly wouldn't be as aggravating if rather than calling using the account for the purpose it was established (to send and receive small "$10-$50" payments) as unusual or risky if they simply said something like. For purposes of randomly auditing newly established accounts it has become necessary for you to provide us with additional information.
No, they lead off making you feel like a criminal.

and BTW did I miss something by not reading the entire TOS before agreeing allowing me to sign up. Is delivery confirmation required for all payments received as a payment for auction. If not, how can they demand it after the fact?
Old 09-15-2007
Threadstarter  

I just sent everyone another item this time with tracking.
Luckily there weren't that many and I had plenty of extra items, but still a hassle.
They said that as long as USPS showed that those items had arrived I could supply bank info and would have satisfied everything they demanded.
Old 09-15-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Question? Now why don't you just use Paypal inernal USPS sytem for delivery of items? You can print your shipping label right from Paypal and the DC number is automatically added to the Paypals invoice.

If you think about it, it does sounds fishy that you don't use their internall shipping..Probably makes paypal think you aren't shipping the items
Old 09-15-2007
Threadstarter  

My main reason is the weight issue. This is a new PP account so they should assume that I anm also a newb. Why should PP assume someone isn't receiving their items when there are no disputes issued and no neg FB.

Plus seems like a lot of work to do to scam at less than $10 per transaction and onlt 3 or 4
Old 09-15-2007
Banned

Start using their internal Delivery system. Try to look clean with them. And it also makes you look good when you dot hat. Buy a $15 scale or so to weigh items.
Old 09-16-2007

Longevity: 99%

I'm actually in the verify process right now on an account. The dumb thing is that I have online banking to instant verify, but apparently no one told Paypal that, so I wait. Are you in a lot greater danger of being limited BEFORE you verify an account if the amount you're trying to deposit is under $500? I'm thinking of maybe splitting it into a couple payments to send and see what happens but not sure how the computer would take that. Risky much?
Old 09-17-2007

It's not a new account, just new information.
Old 09-17-2007
Banned

When will people learn.
Old 09-20-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Account Restored

Received notice that my PP account has been restored:D

Lesson learned about not keeping much in there though.

All that was required was to verify my location...they even let me change the reg'd phone number to do this, could have received a call at a WiFi hotspot for crying out loud.

Provide proof of shipping, provided that you shipping the items originally(which I did), you could send out an empty box as long as you get DC.

Provide supplier info. Here's a tip people SAVE EVERY RECEIPT FOR EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE whether it is to sell on EB or not. I only had a receipt for one item and scanned it and emailed it. I sent photos of the other items and an explanation of why I didn't have receipts. This has got to be the craziest requirement because a)half the stuff on EB is stuff people have had for years and no longer want and b)they don't tell you up front to save these for this reason. I say save every receipt, just so you have something to send them. Do you really think they are going to call Wal-Mart to verify that you bought a PS@ there...no. I think they are doing this to a)cut down on stolen merch and b)try to cut down on fraud by proving you shipped, but this seems a little over kill to do before anyone ever claims that they didn't receive an item.

So for now I am back in the game...well I was only out for a couple of days before selling something on another account, but this one is now 30 days and almost 10 FB.
Old 09-20-2007

Has it ever occurred that maybe I'm asking for others too? As for the specific question in this thread, I really don't think it has been directly addressed. If so, I challenge someone to post the link. After an extensive search in Google, I'm confident this is a question worth asking.

And as long as I'm sticking my neck out, has anyone, ANYONE noticed any changes in the time for a withdrawal to complete based on whether the account is new, old, verified or not? OR is that one thing that is not affected by the characteristics of your account?
Old 09-25-2007

Should've sent it ground. The USPS sucks.
Old 09-28-2007

D.. it, my PP account just gets limited (just few hours after I read this link :-)) . It was a verified, premier account, It had been limited before and I provided all they asked for :
-supplier's contact
- utility bill
- id
- proof of inventory
and all kinds of sh.. they asked for. I worked for 3 months now and when I transfered my money to my bank, it was limited. ....
So, even if your account was verifed .. it is still not SAFE . ..I have $1500 stuck there now....
Paypal s.. big time....
Old 09-28-2007
Threadstarter  

I am scared to death to ever take a dime through PP again. think I am going tho try Bidpay until I get bigtime enought to get some sort of merchant account
Old 09-28-2007

so what's the point of selling and can not take money out ???? Paypal sucks blood ...
Old 09-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayphobia View Post
I have $1500 stuck there now....
Paypal s.. big time....
Did you have $1500 in sales in 1 day? I withdraw my money from Paypal once per day. How about you guys?
Old 09-28-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopster72 View Post
Did you have $1500 in sales in 1 day? I withdraw my money from Paypal once per day. How about you guys?
No get out of here.... There is now way you can withdraw $1500 on a new Paypal account.. and i think what he was saying is that he built up the money over months then tried to withdraw all of it..
Old 09-29-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
No get out of here.... There is now way you can withdraw $1500 on a new Paypal account.. and i think what he was saying is that he built up the money over months then tried to withdraw all of it..
I withdrew $2200 last week on Sunday on a 24 days old PayPal account, arrived yesterday (Friday) at my bank. I got the crappy exchange rate, but it's there.
Old 09-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Yea, you would need to ramp up to that amount over a period of time on a new Paypal account. I, on the other hand, only dabble in low hundreds a day spread over two accounts. Paypal seems to overlook that daily withdrawal amount as long as you gradually move up to it over a few weeks.

ebayphobia, why did you wait so long before withdrawing?