what software pp use for passport reading - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-12-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default what software pp use for passport reading

Hello

I noticed that sometimes when you upload your passport in PayPal within 2 minutes you will see "COMPLETED" confirmation.

In other cases even after couple of hours you would still see " submitted for review"

After investigation the issue, I found out that when it says completed it means the passport has been accepted by PayPal system. However, when the status is submitted for review, the agent will tell you that the document is not accepted and usually they will not restore account if that's the case. The problem in the documents is something that agents can't tell because even though they say the document is fine by just looking, if the system says doc is NOT ok, they will adhere and will not remove limitation.

So the thing depends on your creativity. Is there any kind of software we can use to check our documents BEFORE submitting documents to PP?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-12-2020

Longevity: 24%
Default Re: what software pp use for passport reading

no one knows
Old 03-14-2020

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPbb View Post
Hello

I noticed that sometimes when you upload your passport in PayPal within 2 minutes you will see "COMPLETED" confirmation.

In other cases even after couple of hours you would still see " submitted for review"

After investigation the issue, I found out that when it says completed it means the passport has been accepted by PayPal system. However, when the status is submitted for review, the agent will tell you that the document is not accepted and usually they will not restore account if that's the case. The problem in the documents is something that agents can't tell because even though they say the document is fine by just looking, if the system says doc is NOT ok, they will adhere and will not remove limitation.

So the thing depends on your creativity. Is there any kind of software we can use to check our documents BEFORE submitting documents to PP?
Either a system they've built, or one of the most popular identity verifying services out there. I believe the reason your Paypal account was limited plays a notable role hence why it might go into a manual review or automated.
Old 03-15-2020

Longevity: 24%

I dont think they are using softwares they just match the details and maybe they have some experts who jusdge the passport is looking original or not
Old 03-18-2020

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

To verify the numbers on the bottom of the passport is correct they use software called Passport MRZ calculater.

Which means that they can scan the bottom of the passport and read from that code your name, date of birth, and passport numbers, expiry dates.

Basically you need to have in that code what you have on details in the passport and if you search around there is a web site that will generate this info for you for free.

They can not go to the government to verify what is in the passport is OK, so making sure the code on the bottom matches the details is the next best thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
PPbb (03-18-2020), zizojawad (12-26-2020)
Old 03-18-2020
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
To verify the numbers on the bottom of the passport is correct they use software called Passport MRZ calculater.

Which means that they can scan the bottom of the passport and read from that code your name, date of birth, and passport numbers, expiry dates.

Basically you need to have in that code what you have on details in the passport and if you search around there is a web site that will generate this info for you for free.

They can not go to the government to verify what is in the passport is OK, so making sure the code on the bottom matches the details is the next best thing.
that makes sense@ thanks
Old 03-18-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

hey can not go to the government to verify what is in the passport is OK, so making sure the code on the bottom matches the details is the next best thing.
Old 03-19-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
hey can not go to the government to verify what is in the passport is OK, so making sure the code on the bottom matches the details is the next best thing.
Old 03-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
I'm surprised that you've been here so long and yet are asking such a noob question.
Posting a lot does not equate to knowing a lot.
Old 03-19-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

The reason I ask is that everytime I return to US,the customs officer always tap into a database to verify my passport,also I think others seem to be able to do so as well(like private dectective).
Thats why I ask,is it as easy as changing the code at the bottom of the passport page to match the name,DOB etc on the passport ?
Is this database accessible by Ebay,Paypal etc?like whatever database they use checking driver license,credit rating of individual
Just asking.
Old 03-19-2020

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

They probably have software but only use it for the serious stuff like paypal loans / credit. But with the thousands of ID's they have to check for the 2.5 EU receiving limit verification I think they just glance at it themselves. If you get a jobsworth looking at your ID expect it to fail. Otherwise it will pass and you can carry on trading.