PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation - Page 20 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-07-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default Re: PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

In the case of EU PayPal do any member have experience with which authorities to contact ? I am facing the same - AUP violation. It happened a few weeks ago now.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-08-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
If you have contact info for your customers, find out if PayPal refunded them. If they didn't then they have no excuse for keeping the money from you. If they kept the profit off your labor, you could also go to your labor board in your state or country and explain you worked for free, they profited and did not refund anyone and kept the fruit of your labor.

-----------
Paypal will not refund your customers unless they file disputes.
This is what AUP is all about,if your customers file disputes,they have the money to refund.
I'm not here to advertise or spam, so I'm not going to mention my company, but I will tell you I work in the merchant acquiring industry, if you're not familiar with the term, its the underwriting and issuing of merchant accounts. I work with technology that automates the underwriting process, so I'm intimately familiar with rules and regulations of Visa/MC.

As you may know PayPal is not a real merchant account, they're an aggregator of merchant transactions, but they can't violate Visa and Mastercard rules just because they're big. They don't get the final say if these transactions were made with Visa or MC on the behalf of these aggregated merchants, they have to follow the aggregator rules. They can't just keep money indefinitely outside of the 180 day period they promised because they the AUP was broken. There has to have been a valid reason to extend the period past the 6 months promised.

On legal side of the issue, an acceptable use policy is not a law, it's an agreement between PayPal and their merchants. It's contract law, they must provide the reason they say you broke the contract. It sounds like to me PayPal is banking on these people's inexperience and lack of knowing their rights.

And it doesn't matter if PayPal puts in their agreement you can't sue them, those get waived by courts on a regular basis, they can really only demand arbitration first, but your argument is on the lines of fraud, even then arbitration can be waived by the judge.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeef75 For This Useful Post:
TimTimmington (05-09-2020)
Old 05-09-2020

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWR32 View Post
Does AUP and the money robbing happen on UK accounts?

Asking as I’ve had 2 limited and advised off funds released after 180 days.

Thanks
by their terms of use yes, but it never happened in EU or UK so far (at least i never seen a case in UK or EU). I belive this happens only in ****hole countrys without law and order like USA.
The Following User Says Thank You to burbur For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (01-10-2021)
Old 05-09-2020

Longevity: 23%

Is selling face masks a violation of AUP? I can't find it anywhere in the AUP list. @mikeeef75 - useful information, thanks
Old 05-09-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbur View Post
by their terms of use yes, but it never happened in EU or UK so far (at least i never seen a case in UK or EU). I belive this happens only in ****hole countrys without law and order like USA.
We got some bad inner cities, but to claim the US as a whole does not have law and order is absurd. When I walk outside or down the street, I do not fear for my life. You can use anecdotal evidence of events, but when you look at the US on a per capita basis like using the world crime index, the US is nearly identical to France 47.02(US) 46.79(FR).
Old 05-09-2020

Quote:
then may be a class action suit ,since many have their money tied up due to AUP.
I know one can appeal to MC/VISA but we who use Paypal do not have a merchant account,it is Paypal which does.
Question-some who violate Paypal AUP are doing something shady like selling arms/narcotics,pyramid schemes,would they win ?
If you got time some day search for lawsuits against Amazon Pay, Stripe, Shopify, Paypal, etc. There have been plenty of them, first they try to bleed the plaintiffs dry in legal fees but the ones that can afford it get settled out of court most of the time as soon as they enter the discovery and deposition phases because the last thing PayPal and the rest of them want is to get to the discovery phase, they don't want anybody getting their internal emails, memos or documents or worse having an employee in a deposition that could unintentionally divulge their unethical or even illegal practices under oath. That could get out in the public and open them to many more lawsuits or FTC and SEC investigations.

"Question-some who violate Paypal AUP are doing something shady like selling arms/narcotics,pyramid schemes,would they win ?"
Well those are blatant violations of the AUP of both Ebay and PayPal, but unless I read it wrong these people in this thread are not violating anything clearly written in the AUP and neither are the customers to their knowledge complaining or requesting refunds.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikeef75 For This Useful Post:
TimTimmington (05-10-2020), tushargta (11-08-2020), upuaut (05-09-2020)
Old 05-10-2020

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
You didn't read it wrong bu your naivety and lack of understanding allowed you to believe them.
Trust me, very very few of the posters on this forum are here are honest about anything they say or do.

The purpose of this forum is kinda a big clue as to who it attracts....

In any event, nobody postingg on this forum will even come back and provide evidence they took paypal to court and won. So it's merely a means of venting with others who got caught.
Speak for yourself.

Not everyone is a crook. Running an honest business and this forum helped me get back on track. I'd like to think the majority of those serious enough to get back to business are genuine people.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
Icykid298 (05-12-2020)
Old 05-11-2020

Longevity: 58%

I went through all 22 pages of this thread and i'm literally terrified, I don't use ebay but I do swap between 8 different paypal accounts, I basically sell digital keys but I don't take payment directly, I have people go through a donation page to make the payment and it shows up as a tip on paypal. So there's no evidence that I'm selling anything. I usually will use one account for about 8-10 days while it gets between $4000-$4500 then I withdraw all but $100-$150 . I move on to the next account and so on, been doing this for about 4 years now with no real issues. YET, But i always make sure I withdraw my funds once I hit that $4500 threshold, Each account Is used around once a month so there's not a lot of activity on each account.

But for those that lost $20,000 to as much as $300,000, I'm shocked people trusted paypal to leave that kind of money in their accounts, anything over 5k and i'm immediately paranoid, I withdraw ASAP. To those that have lost $260,000 and more, I'm truly sorry, must be hell, and I'm sure some of those people had heart attacks. Truly hope some of you can get your money back, but I doubt it. PayPal is too big of a company, i doubt a letter or a lawyer helping you will do much, they can extend it for years and you may never see a dime of your money. Whenever I'd see a screenshot of over $200,000 being stolen I'm like "Wow that's the cost of a house!", truly nightmare fuel.

I can only imagine those poor people looking forward to their cashout of $10k-300k only to come to realization that their money is gone, Can you guys imagine that sense of loss in that split second where they see that notification? I dont doubt some of those people went to the hospital...Those poor people were probably relying on that money to buy a car or a new house or to live off during the quarantine, now in the hands of paypal.

Rule of thumb: NEVER LEAVE LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY ON PAYPAL!

Last edited by RichardCard82; 05-12-2020 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-12-2020

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCard82 View Post
I went through all 22 pages of this thread and i'm literally terrified, I don't use ebay but I do swap between 8 different paypal accounts, I basically sell digital keys but I don't take payment directly, I have people go through a donation page to make the payment and it shows up as a tip on paypal. So there's no evidence that I'm selling anything. I usually will use one account for about 8-10 days while it gets between $4000-$4500 then I withdraw all but $100-$150 . I move on to the next account and so on, been doing this for about 4 years now with no real issues. YET, But i always make sure I withdraw my funds once I hit that $4500 threshold, Each account Is used around once a month so there's not a lot of activity on each account.

But for those that lost $20,000 to as much as $300,000, I'm shocked people trusted paypal to leave that kind of money in their accounts, anything over 5k and i'm immediately paranoid, I withdraw ASAP. To those that have lost $260,000 and more, I'm truly sorry, must be hell, and I'm sure some of those people had heart attacks. Truly hope some of you can get your money back, but I doubt it. PayPal is too big of a company, i doubt a letter or a lawyer helping you will do much, they can extend it for years and you may never see a dime of your money. Whenever I'd see a screenshot of over $200,000 being stolen I'm like "Wow that's the cost of a house!", truly nightmare fuel.

I can only imagine those poor people looking forward to their cashout of $10k-300k only to come to realization that their money is gone, Can you guys imagine that sense of loss in that split second where they see that notification? I dont doubt some of those people went to the hospital...Those poor people were probably relying on that money to buy a car or a new house or to live off during the quarantine, now in the hands of paypal.

I agree about the health problems. I hope all of those people are well.
Old 05-12-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayo View Post
Hi, friend thanks for info and congrats, did pp unfreeze the funds with in the 180 days or after the 180?
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 05-12-2020

Quote:
----------------
Those who leave large sum of money in their Paypal account have reasons to do so,it is not that simple.
$3-5k I can understand that. But leaving 30-200k is insane. That’s just begging for issues.
Old 05-12-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCard82 View Post
$3-5k I can understand that. But leaving 30-200k is insane. That’s just begging for issues.
Agreed. Absolutely ludicrous
Old 05-12-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
Agreed. Absolutely ludicrous
If I send suppliers PayPal money I just send it from PayPal, even when there's no money in it, they just take it out of your bank account. No need to leave your money in your PayPal

These people learned that the hard way, I can't help but empathize for these folks. I hope they have some closure one day
Old 06-22-2020

Send a message via Skype™ to Lucario27

Any update? Any resolution?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucario27 For This Useful Post:
Megger (06-24-2020)
Old 06-26-2020

Hi,

1. Any feedback on this, https://peterbergmann.info/getbackonpaypal/home/

2. This is what i was told from an Ebay seller,

"They wont take your money if they are not branded trust me" meaning goods
3. Any additional helpful info will be highly appreciated.

God Bless for all help tips.
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayo View Post
Hi,

1. Any feedback on this, https://peterbergmann.info/getbackonpaypal/home/

2. This is what i was told from an Ebay seller,

"They wont take your money if they are not branded trust me" meaning goods
3. Any additional helpful info will be highly appreciated.

God Bless for all help tips.
they will take your money if you load your paypals with a bunch of CF sales then after limitation multiple buyers will complain saying its CF for refund. That flags the account and paypal looks into it and realize indeed you sold CFs and the odds of you getting that money 5% LOL. There bot alerts the paypal supervisors when money becomes available and they instantly look at the account, you dont even have time for anything.
Old 06-28-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
they will take your money if you load your paypals with a bunch of CF sales then after limitation multiple buyers will complain saying its CF for refund. That flags the account and paypal looks into it and realize indeed you sold CFs and the odds of you getting that money 5% LOL. There bot alerts the paypal supervisors when money becomes available and they instantly look at the account, you dont even have time for anything.
The only thing i can think of i might done wrong, is that I sold an item on ebay with an item next to the brand name stating that it was a clone, hope this helps someone.
Old 06-29-2020

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayo View Post
the only thing i can think of i might done wrong, is that i sold an item on ebay with an item next to the brand name stating that it was a clone, hope this helps someone.
bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.
Old 07-09-2020

Longevity: 28%

This happened to me too but it could have been avoided in my case had I seen this post last year as the 180 days had already passed when they decided to take all my $2.264.34 in November 2019. I'll admit I violated their policy but no one complained about me, no chargebacks etc. it was just them snooping into my actual sales an read my notes on one transaction it was a dumb move on my part making a note that eluded to what I sold that PayPal permanently limited my account then the 180 days came and I didn't transfer my money. Now if anyone is thinking perhaps the buyer of transaction put a claim the answer is no they were a long time buyer who continued to buy from me when I switch my form of accepting payments. The amount they took hurts but not worth trying to fight for it in my case. I have since created a new PayPal account and make sure everything I sell is totally in accordance to their policy and to be safe I don't keep a large amount with the *******s anymore. Glad eBay is getting rid of them hope they become irrelevant soon as that would be Karma for all the screwing people over on their part, so sorry to hear how much they have literally stolen from people here.

Last edited by lj23; 07-09-2020 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2020

Longevity: 28%

Sorry Double Post How can I delete
Old 07-26-2020

Longevity: 21%

Very useful information in this thread. Hey RichardCard82, would you mind if I sent you a message regarding your success with stealth accounts?
Old 07-27-2020

Longevity: 47%

This is crazy, was anyone able to get their money back so far?