Questions about buyers,sellers.scams - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-14-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Questions about buyers,sellers.scams

Hey I'm not exactly sure how to post one of these forums cause I'm new to the site, but I had a question:
Ebay/Paypal claim SCAM HELP!! Very interesting topic/question.
Well I was reading up on a lot scams abused with the paypal buyer protection/claim service... I still had a couple questions though:
-If a scammer posed as a buyer with good feedback, and constantly reported that he received empty boxes from ebay purchases, what would happen? Would his paypal/ebay account be closed or something? The weight issue could easily be tampered with if you think outside the box. I thought about it and the scammer could easily weigh the box before opening it and then claiming it's empty with the exact weight known. Sure feedback matters, the scammer could target either high or 0 feedback users... would this really make that much of a difference or any difference at all though? Don't forget that the scammer themselves have strong feedback.
Thanks a lot for your help!
If you have any questions, I'll add on details to this.

-Gabriel
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2009
Threadstarter  

And another one:
-In a situation where both users have good positive feedback, and the Buyer claims to have received an empty box(or something else not described), but the Seller tries to prove the exact opposite... What would be the outcome?? I've extremely curious. And I guess we can say that it is a first time for both users or not.
How would you even provide proof?
Thanks.

-Gabriel
Old 10-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What strange questions. Because I am a cynic it seems you are asking how to scam & get away with it. Not the sort of first questions we like.
Why is your flag CHINA but your IP shows USA. How can you expect answers if we don't know where you are from?.
Old 10-15-2009

Line of questioning does seem very odd in nature. I will leave answers to the pro's.

But welcome to the forums
Old 10-15-2009

Longevity: 91%

Yea, wouldn't surprise me that scammers are trying to look for tricks here...Bad, bad, and completely wrong. We ain't stupid!
Old 10-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
-If a scammer posed as a buyer with good feedback, and constantly reported that he received empty boxes from ebay purchases, what would happen? Would his paypal/ebay account be closed or something? The weight issue could easily be tampered with if you think outside the box. I thought about it and the scammer could easily weigh the box before opening it and then claiming it's empty with the exact weight known. Sure feedback matters, the scammer could target either high or 0 feedback users... would this really make that much of a difference or any difference at all though? Don't forget that the scammer themselves have strong feedback.
-Gabriel
If you report too many claims of the same kind your account will get investigated/dissected by both ebay and paypal and they will see the pattern and take action. But one day you may really need it and they won't give it to you. Read: (The Boy who Cried Wolf).

Weight of the item doesn't mean anything. All that matters is Tracking #.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
What strange questions. Because I am a cynic it seems you are asking how to scam & get away with it. Not the sort of first questions we like.
Why is your flag CHINA but your IP shows USA. How can you expect answers if we don't know where you are from?.
Maybe they were born in China but lives in the USA.

BooMer
Old 10-15-2009
Threadstarter  

Lol, wow seriously no offense... but you guys have grown a bit paranoid.
I'm asking because I'm thinking about purchasing a set of Bose headphones between one guy with 0 feedback, or like 80% feedback. I purposely bid on these items because other people get worried about bidding and the item will sell for less, in the end... causing me to save money. It's just another ebay strategy like bidding in the last 5 seconds. I'm basically worried about either getting a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ set(which is very common), or nothing.

And the flag thing... I'm in Cali rofl, but I thought when registering you pick the flag of your ethnicity like how some ppl pick UK flags etc... I mean... I don't see all American flags on here.
Hope you fellas understand.

-Gabriel
Old 10-15-2009

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
I'm asking because I'm thinking about purchasing a set of Bose headphones between one guy with 0 feedback, or like 80% feedback. I purposely bid on these items because other people get worried about bidding and the item will sell for less, in the end... causing me to save money. It's just another ebay strategy like bidding in the last 5 seconds. I'm basically worried about either getting a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ set(which is very common), or nothing.

And the flag thing... I'm in Cali rofl, but I thought when registering you pick the flag of your ethnicity like how some ppl pick UK flags etc... I mean... I don't see all American flags on here.

-Gabriel
The flag is for the country you are actually in... Paypal/Ebay rules vary by country.
Old 10-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePaypalNOT View Post
The flag is for the country you are actually in... Paypal/Ebay rules vary by country.
to add to that - applicable help also varies by specific country
Old 10-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

-Gabriel
If this was your first post, then the answers would not have been so 'guarded'. Two words come to my mind, one of them is smart & the other....hehe. The flag is for your country.
With the proposed purchase, you would have to look carefully at the seller's FB. Look for the good, the bad, AND the neutrals, negatives. What does the seller offer for shipment? Is the parcel coming fully insured, buyer to sign for receipt. And, because I am really sweet, do not buy from any seller that does not offer a return policy that you can live with: if you have a seller in mind, shoot me a pm & I'll check for you. BOSE are often not the real item. I can understand your concern. (Pity I stopped selling them 2 years ago)