New Google C/O account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 10-12-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default New Google C/O account

I opened a new Google Checkout account today, I have never used this or any merchant account, so I have a few questions, and I didnt find it on the board.

1) Must I link it to eBay? Couldnt I jsut ask in the listing to wait on my invoice , then send from my merchant account? Can I still accept payments from the buyers Paypal that way?

2)I used my real info, I assume I had to, and eBay requires all kinds of info to set it up in the auction. If I have to link it wont they find out the real info?

any info is appriciated, Im fumbling around in the dark with this.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-12-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePaypalNOT View Post
I opened a new Google Checkout account today, I have never used this or any merchant account, so I have a few questions, and I didnt find it on the board.

1) Must I link it to eBay? Couldnt I jsut ask in the listing to wait on my invoice , then send from my merchant account? Can I still accept payments from the buyers Paypal that way?

2)I used my real info, I assume I had to, and eBay requires all kinds of info to set it up in the auction. If I have to link it wont they find out the real info?

any info is appriciated, Im fumbling around in the dark with this.

Thanks

#1 Google checkout is prohibited on eBay, unless your customers request to use Google checkout.

#2 You can not integrate Google Checkout on eBay (unless use Cart Manager-that's another story) and lastly , you can not list an auction and include Google Checkout. You have to use one of the accepted form of payments such as Paypal /Moneybookers/Paymate or merchant account to(needs approval)
The Following User Says Thank You to superking For This Useful Post:
ILovePaypalNOT (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009
Threadstarter  

ok , so I make a Paypal account and put it in the ebay auctions, if a buyer pays before I send the invoice, I refund and tell them to use the invoice I sent...

I have done that with Paypal... and it works fine.

Perhaps I should take a different route? Other than Google... Im just sick of Paypal.
Old 10-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

Thats what I usually go with GCO. If they automatically pay with paypal, I refund them and tell them my paypal is down and I need to use my backup checkout system and manually send them a GCO invoice. Worked in the past.
The Following User Says Thank You to aking For This Useful Post:
ILovePaypalNOT (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

also turn off site checkout.. you should note for buyers to wait for your invoice at the top of the auction description so its the first thing they see.

you can set up cartmanager, integrate it with GCO, make a winning bidder button (courtesy of cartmanager) and put it in your listing.. sell away
Old 10-12-2009

Longevity: 98%

When eBay bans you for taking Google Checkout, Google Checkout will find this out and reverse every single payment made to you through Google Checkout no matter what. I don't know why people even take it. 2checkout does the same thing.
Old 10-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

^ How does gco find this out?
Old 10-13-2009
Threadstarter  

How do I accept payments from buyers Paypal to my Google account? I know it can be done bc I have paid invoices before using my Paypal account from Google , but its not giving me an option to ad it as a payment method. And its not giving my buyers the option either. SOme want to pay using their paypal balance. ANyone know hoe to accept payments such as this? I cant find anything on Google help.
Old 10-13-2009

Longevity: 94%

I have lost many GC accounts,they close your accounts and refund buyers without telling you.
Be very careful with GC.
Old 10-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Really? are they allowed to initiate transfers from your bank or CC for refunds?

What is a better solution for a merchant account? One that would intergrate with ebay and I could use my real info without ebay finding out who is really behind it?
Old 10-13-2009

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
When eBay bans you for taking Google Checkout, Google Checkout will find this out and reverse every single payment made to you through Google Checkout no matter what. I don't know why people even take it. 2checkout does the same thing.
I've never had any problems with GCO yet, and looked into 2checkout. Their fees are very high.

Sevn
Old 10-16-2009

Longevity: 95%

Yeah i had many accounts closed with GCO as well! when they first launched i used them and they where great i had account last about 6 months with 1000s in sale then they started getting stedly worse just like paypal or worse! GCO will refund every buyer u ever had if u get banned then they will expect you! to pay them back. lucky for me i used a prepaid bank on GCO so they couldnt steal the money out of the bank but if i would had used my persoanl checking account i would had been overdraft. if u decied to us GCO use a gift card and prepaid bank so if they did banned u would'nt have nothing to worry about! And also GCO dosent have phone support hmmm wonder why? And also never never never ship nothing till u get paid cause GCO is very unpredictable one min you will think everythings going fine next min you log into your account and your banned! GCO wont tell u why you was banned they wont let u access anything on your account and they refund all your buyers. I had been burned a few times when i shipped items before getting paid and loss my money then i learned to wait before shipping the items till i got the money in my bank :D

Last edited by doughboykilla; 10-16-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Well right now they have me on the 10 day hold.. so that sucks... And I used my real info .. name... CC ... bank etc...

I had no idea that they were becoming Paypal
Old 10-16-2009

I have been using GC for more than 6 months now and never had a problem. I get the money deposited in the checking account within 2-3 days, and than I do enter my tracking number on every transaction when i ship. I don't see why would they close my account and refund all of my buyers who are happy with items they received.....
Old 10-16-2009

Longevity: 95%

If your saleing VeRO item GCO will in time start ? you and what your saleing even if your buyers are happy. They will start off by wanting to know what webite your useing GCO which ebay is not a site u can use but they usely dont care if its ebay your useing but once they find out ur saleing knock offs that the end of the road they will banned u and refund every one!
Old 10-16-2009

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

I don't have too many eBay GCO transactions, but do use GCO for my resellers outside of my local area.

I typically put generic info in the GCO invoices when I use them.

Example: I put 10 shirts in the subject, instead of 10 [Designer Product Name]

The way I see it; anything that general shouldn't trigger any bots to review my account.

Sevn
Old 10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
I have been using GC for more than 6 months now and never had a problem. I get the money deposited in the checking account within 2-3 days, and than I do enter my tracking number on every transaction when i ship. I don't see why would they close my account and refund all of my buyers who are happy with items they received.....
I do the exact same process with Google. I use Endicia for shipping, and copy/paste the tracking as I print it off. Orders are updated before the package is even boxed.

Sevn
Old 10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
If your saleing VeRO item GCO will in time start ? you and what your saleing even if your buyers are happy. They will start off by wanting to know what webite your useing GCO which ebay is not a site u can use but they usely dont care if its ebay your useing but once they find out ur saleing knock offs that the end of the road they will banned u and refund every one!
Why should Google know the SPECIFIC products you are selling? Keep descriptions simple. Your customer has already decided to buy the product, they don't need a perfectly formatted invoice to receive their goods. See my previous post regarding simple subjects when invoicing customers.

Sevn
Old 10-17-2009

Well, I am not selling knock offs and use GCO with another site, not Ebay, so am I safe?
Old 10-17-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
They only REFUND on the amount that did not get deposited to your bank, so basically anything in the past 2 days. Anything beyond the past 2 days is safe.
Old 10-17-2009

Oh, thanks Superking! Was getting worried about that....