Can ebay still catch u if u turn off html emails? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-09-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Can ebay still catch u if u turn off html emails?

i was wondering if ebay can still track u if u turn off html emails that ebay sends and instead opt to choose for txt emails.. this can be done via going to preferences choosing to show all the options and then selecting text emails rather then html..

now when i receive emails from ebay they are all just text emails with no graphics to download.. but can ebay still track or implant cookies on ur computer???
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-09-2007

yea dude, trust me. Ebay can't track you in emails. If they could I probably would've been caught 50 times over hehe.
Old 09-09-2007

Longevity: 99%

I read that thread, but it still left a little open ended whether you mean by regular text or full html with images. I use gmail most of the time so it's not an issue, but for those other times and for everyone's benefit to put this down for once and all, please confirm just exactly what you mean.

Also uncertain is whether you can click anything in that email, whether it places a cookie to do so or not, and whether it will open up under any certain user or just unsigned.
Old 09-15-2007

Well.. As Modee says.. Just don't open suspended one. I follow that rules. I just ignore and delete when I see anything from Ebay if I'm in the old suspended email. As I still receive some of emails so I keep checking but I don't read any Ebay emails in my old suspend email account. I think it's working or am i too paranoid?
Old 09-15-2007

Isn't it funny how they keep you from even signing in to a banned account, yet they keep sending you emails telling you that one of your watched items has been re-listed...almost like they are sticking their tongue out at you.
Old 09-15-2007
Banned

We just want you to know of all the juicy deals you're missing out on!!

Actually, I believe when you're suspended you can sign into your account and go to Personal Preferences to turn off emails and the like.
Old 09-15-2007

I'm not sure about that, haven't tried it.
Luckily for my last buyer before my account was banned (the same day I shipped the item and was banned for a BS "association" claim) I received an email from him because he had some issues getting the item to work. I should say I received a copy of his "my messages" mail into my reg'd email. As I said luckily for him I was able to track down his real email through PP and help him out that way.
If I had been trying to rip him off I would have not sent the item, drained my PP account and ignored him.
Seeing as everything you guys do it computer and bot driven and you have control over everyfunction and detail of our accounts why can't you just shut off the email forwarding as a default?
Your claim is kind of like a mechanic having to get his car towed to the shop and then deducting that maybe he should have put gas in it whne the needle hit E. Just as he should know how to add gas, you guys should shut that off, when you shut down everything else.
To me it is spamming and harassment at that point.
Old 09-15-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I verified this, and Tcho (the alleged EBAY employee) confirmed the same.
:D:D:D:D

Sorry for quoting the post right above me, but I couldn't resist this one
Old 09-17-2007

Longevity: 97%

When you open an email with a web beacon it harvests all cookies associated to that site (primary, affiliate and 3rd party). All those cookies carry bits of information about the user and it ALL better correspond to what ebay has on record presently. And if it corresponds to what they have on record for an OLD ACCOUNT...yes you will be tossed like a bad meal.

And do not even think for a minute that if you ask ebay not to send you emails that they will abide. That is like asking the fox to guard the hen house.
Old 09-17-2007

to make matters even worse..., if you are networked to another computer(s) those cookies (on the other computer(s)) are also harvested. No joke! I posted this in another thread . Google shows what I am talking about with thier new "history of searches" button in the upper right hand corner of their listing search pages.
Old 09-17-2007

I had an interesting experience with EB and emails.

I signed into EB and checked and answered all of the questions in my messages (keep in mind I think I might have checked the box to send a copy to my email)

A little while later I went to my G email account and when I opened the group of mesages (you know how their mail works differently than most others) my responses were already contained with each of the original questions. It would have kind of spooked me out, but not running multiple accounts on the same comp or doing anythin else fishy (other than violating EB's rule of if your sister ever dated a guy who's mom worked with someone who sold a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ LV bag...then you are associated and also banned for life)
Old 09-17-2007

Longevity: 99%

Gmail should bring the whole thread to the top, not just compile them where it is. It becomes too confusing the way it's currently set up.
Old 09-17-2007

I wish gmail would let you make folders
Old 09-17-2007
Banned

Why does sometimes a buyer can send you an Ebay Email and it goes directly to the email account but not in Ebay message system??? Or vice versa
Old 09-20-2007

I think it prudent to learn all you can from nmany sources on any subject. This one is important to me ...WEB BEACONS (SHORT AND SWEET AND TO THE POINT ARTICLE)