Threshold amount for high volume sellers for MP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-03-2020

Activity: 32%
Longevity: 24%
Default Threshold amount for high volume sellers for MP

Hi,

wondering if anyone can give insight on what the dollar amount or threshold is to be deemed as a high volume seller for the new Managed Payments system?

Is it a per annum amount or a per month amount?

Just so I know how much I would need to fly under the radar and not be forced to use managed payments yet by july 15.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-03-2020

Thanked 1,099 Times in 1,035 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Threshold amount for high volume sellers for MP

you dont have any option,all must use MP come July 15
Old 05-04-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
you dont have any option,all must use MP come July 15
None of my stealth accounts have gotten hit with a mandatory MP message yet. I am in USA. Where does it say all usa accounts is mandatory for MP?
Old 05-04-2020

everyone knows by now,you can go to Ebay and find out.
July 15th,many of us receive email last week
Old 05-05-2020

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
everyone knows by now,you can go to Ebay and find out.
July 15th,many of us receive email last week
It doesn’t say every usa account. Where does it say that in the agreement buddy? I just read it on ebay.com agreement, under 14: managed payments. “ eBay anticipates moving more seller accounts to managed payments in phases starting july 2020, providing notice to the affected sellers as they are scheduled to be moved.”

Where in the above statement does it say july 15 first of all, and second where does it say all usa accounts on that date?
Old 05-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by pperry View Post
It doesn’t say every usa account. Where does it say that in the agreement buddy? I just read it on ebay.com agreement, under 14: managed payments. “ eBay anticipates moving more seller accounts to managed payments in phases starting july 2020, providing notice to the affected sellers as they are scheduled to be moved.”

Where in the above statement does it say july 15 first of all, and second where does it say all usa accounts on that date?
agent is notorious for ranting on and sometimes telling half-truths. she is a real character...
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiCoin For This Useful Post:
stealthnorris (05-08-2020)
Old 05-05-2020

It is in the email I received from Ebay ,do what you like.
Yu will find out come July XX,buyers can still use Paypal via MP,but seller has only one option- MP

Last edited by agent006140; 05-05-2020 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-05-2020

our account will be enabled for managed payments by the end of July, 2020
eBay
Managed payments supports an enhanced buying and selling experience on eBay, providing sellers one place to sell and get paid, and buyers more ways to pay. eBay will manage payments for most sellers in 2020, and your account, , will be activated for managed payments starting late July. To ensure you are ready in advance of the change and that there are no interruptions to your business, you will need to register by July 15th, 2020.

Please click here to register for managed payments today.

What are the benefits of eBay managing payments?
• New ways for buyers to pay: Buyers can pay with credit card, direct debit, PayPal, PayPal Credit, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
• One place to sell and get paid: You can access everything you need to sell and get paid, all on eBay: a single source for fees, customized reports, refunds, simplified protections, tax documentation, and dedicated support. If you use third-party tools, there should be no change in how you use those tools on managed payments.
• Streamlined operations: Payouts are regularly deposited to your bank account weekly or as soon as funds are available, based on your preference. Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts are consistently available within two business days of an order confirmation. Pending payouts can also be used to pay for shipping labels, in addition to using a PayPal account. You can easily ship to international buyers with our Global Shipping Program (GSP).
• Simplified fees: Once activated for managed payments starting late July, you will pay only one final value fee1, consisting of a category-based percentage of the total amount of the sale, plus a fixed fee per order, with no third-party payments processing fees. Your final value fees will be automatically deducted from your sales proceeds, and the rest paid out to your bank account. Most sellers can expect to see overall savings2. For full fee details, click here.

You are required to register for managed payments by July 15, 2020.
To ensure that your sales continue uninterrupted, and no restrictions are applied to your account, please be sure to register before your account is activated starting late July.

What does it mean to “register” my business?
Registration allows you to get your business ready early for managed payments, and is required to be completed by July 15. You can register in a few simple steps, including verifying your business information and providing a bank account. This information will allow us to send your payouts after you are activated on managed payments, and comply with regulatory obligations, which helps keep eBay a trusted marketplace. Information on fees and how they are calculated will be available before you start registration, and you will be able to track your progress on the Payments tab in Seller Hub.

What happens after I register?
Once you register, we will activate your account on managed payments starting late July. Until then, nothing will change in how you manage your business on eBay. We will ensure you have access to all the detailed information you may need to prepare your business and you will be notified of your activation date well in advance. In order to learn more and start registration, please click here.

Please click here to register for managed payments today.

For more information and frequently asked questions and answers on managed payments, please visit the eBay Seller Center. We’ll keep adding information, so remember to bookmark this page. You can find details about the registration process in the Help Hub here. And if you still have questions, you can request a call from one of our Payments team members there.
Old 05-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiCoin View Post
agent is notorious for ranting on and sometimes telling half-truths. she is a real character...
You must not be working in the business world?
It does not take a genius to know Ebay sales is stagnant,having MP will boost profit,AMZN has AMZN one click,Etsy has DC,there is money to be made there.
Paypal charges 30 cents transaction fee and 2.9-4.4 % on every goods and service transaction(micro payments 6 cents plus 6%),if you use Paypal fund or bank ACH,it costs Paypal nothing,if you use a credit card,Paypal pays 10 cents plus 1-1 1/2%.
Read Paypal annual report,it will be reporting earnings tomorrow
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
upuaut (05-08-2020)
Old 05-06-2020

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthnorris View Post
Hi,

wondering if anyone can give insight on what the dollar amount or threshold is to be deemed as a high volume seller for the new Managed Payments system?

Is it a per annum amount or a per month amount?

Just so I know how much I would need to fly under the radar and not be forced to use managed payments yet by july 15.
When signing up I provided social right away.
At 4 thousand dollars I had got request to update info. My bank name and managed payment name had to match. My middle initial had to be added as it was on bank account.
Uploaded bank statement with middle initial and added middle initial to managed payment name.
I have not been asked for nothing since. I have 30 thousand in sales this year and no requests since last yr at the 4 mo of being on managed payments.
You will have to provide info requested when you sign up.
Not like PayPal where once you get close to 200/20 thousand they request it
Good luck
Old 05-08-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
At 4 thousand dollars I had got request to update info. My bank name and managed payment name had to match. My middle initial had to be added as it was on bank account.
Uploaded bank statement with middle initial and added middle initial to managed payment name.
I have not been asked for nothing since. I have 30 thousand in sales this year and no requests since last yr at the 4 mo of being on managed payments.
Good luck

Once you have successfully registered for MP,

Is the only way to withdraw your funds from ebays MP only via bank transfer?

Or can you send those funds in your ebay MP elsewhere such as paypal?
Old 05-08-2020

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
Good luck
When you hit $4k in sales they require you to upload a bank statement? That's the way they prove it? If so that's not really a problem. They can't actually see the real bank account info just like PayPal can't, right?
Old 05-08-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC4ME View Post
They can't actually see the real bank account info just like PayPal can't, right?
I think this is what most are concerned about, including me.

If I have a bank account opened under a business name, that should be the only thing ayden sees (because it's the only thing that really matters).
Old 05-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Is this just USA? I've received nothing but I only have 2 very small accounts plus one 12 year old account - none of them do much as I mainly trade on Etsy
Old 05-08-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthnorris View Post
Once you have successfully registered for MP,

Is the only way to withdraw your funds from ebays MP only via bank transfer?

Or can you send those funds in your ebay MP elsewhere such as paypal?
Managed payments will process your payments. Once they are ready to payout they will go to your bank. If you have payments ready for payout daily they will go to bank daily, If not then whenever they are ready they will go to bank.
They have daily payouts and weekly payouts. We currently just have had that option over the last month or so.
Not sure about sending payments from managed payments to PayPal but if not yes you must have a bank to get your payments
Mp has been decent. I like it
Good luck
Old 05-08-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC4ME View Post
When you hit $4k in sales they require you to upload a bank statement? That's the way they prove it? If so that's not really a problem. They can't actually see the real bank account info just like PayPal can't, right?
That's how it was 10 months ago. I didn't even know they weren't making sure everything matched upon sign up.
I actually thought mine did match up.
Then I hit 4 thousand sales an they put a hold of any payouts and request info. They asked for bank statement as they said the bank name had to match the managed payment name.
I thought mine did. But, I had left my middle initial out of my mp name and it was on bank statement.
I sent the statement and added initial to mp. They looked it over that day and my selling and payout resumed.
It was very simple and straight forward
Old 05-08-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
I think this is what most are concerned about, including me.

If I have a bank account opened under a business name, that should be the only thing ayden sees (because it's the only thing that really matters).
They must see bank name as I had to make them match what mp name was given. I just added middle initial. So yes, they must see it to know they did not match.
When I hit four thousand they requested the info to be updated.
I have heard some on the mp forum that they received another request at 10 thousand for proof of social and id
I never received that request and have not this yr either. I went over that amount last yr and have this yr as well
Old 05-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pperry View Post

I think what is best is if you were to get that notification, just stop selling and move on to another account. A kind of protest against MP if you can call it that.