Sending money with bitcoin anonymously - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > CryptoCurrency

CryptoCurrency Discuss all CryptoCurrencies / coins and their use for personal or business purposes. Bitcoin (BTC) is possibly the best known but there are numerous crypto currencies, this is the forum to discuss them all.

Old 05-09-2020
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default Sending money with bitcoin anonymously

Hey everyone, wanted to know what the best way to send bitcoin from USA to China would be as anonymous as possible. Is it possible to purchase bitcoin from say your bank account, then send it as anonymous to china? Were it just looks like your investing money into bitcoin
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-09-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Sending money with bitcoin anonymously

You need to ask your Chinese counterpart what is the best way,as there are rules he knows better than you
Old 05-09-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Bitcoin is just about banned in China. My understanding of Chinese BTC law is that they're allowed to hold cryptocurrencies but they aren't allowed to use them as money (in commercial transactions) or exchange them for fiat currency.

Buying bitcoin with your bank account is just about the least anonymous way to go about obtaining BTC, but for whatever your purposes are that method would probably suffice. Just keep in mind that if you're buying crypto directly from your bank account, it's not anonymous at all because it's tied to your identity.

I use both coinbase and gemini. Coinbase allows card + bank purchases, gemini only allows bank (ACH) purchases. If you buy with a card on Coinbase you can send the BTC instantly. If you buy with a bank account on Coinbase or Gemini, your BTC is held for 5 business days before you can send it anywhere.

Honestly it sounds like you're pretty un-savvy with all of this. Let me know what exactly it is you're trying to do and I can try to give you relevant advice.

If it were me, this is how I'd handle it.
1) make BTC purchases on both gemini and coinbase
2) wait for those purchases to clear
3) send all of the BTC I bought to an electrum wallet on my desktop
4) send the BTC to xmr.to's onion site, converting the bitcoin to monero and thus breaking the bitcoin chain tied back to my identity from purchasing with my bank accounts
5) convert the monero back into Bitcoin and send it back to my electrum wallet
6) get supplier's BTC wallet address and pay them

Steps 4 & 5 are extreme and are generally reserved for highly illegal activity where the parties involved are worried about going to prison because of what they're trading. Only you can determine if those steps are necessary for you. They are one of the only true ways of anonymizing bitcoin transactions since bitcoin itself is not anonymous at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
johnnyhustle41 (05-11-2020)
Old 05-09-2020

Good lord,is that what you have been doing?
I mean the last 2 steps.
Old 05-09-2020
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

No. I said that's how I would handle it if for some reason I needed to anonymously send money overseas. I've never had any reason to anonymously send money overseas. I just use wire's, lol.

Bitcoin and the industries surrounding it have evolved a lot over the past few years. Criminal enterprises started using bitcoin for payments, thus blockchain analysis has become an industry and nerds are paid to trace bitcoin transactions back to their source/destination.

It was a hypothetical answer based on the opsec research I've done.

TL;DR - using bitcoin you bought straight from your bank account isn't safe if you're concerned about anonymity.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 05-09-2020 at 12:16 PM.
johnnyhustle41 (05-14-2020)
Old 05-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhustle41 View Post
Hey everyone, wanted to know what the best way to send bitcoin from USA to China would be as anonymous as possible. Is it possible to purchase bitcoin from say your bank account, then send it as anonymous to china? Were it just looks like your investing money into bitcoin
Easiest/fastest way would be for you to buy the BTC anonymously via cash in person or look into something like bisq network. There are ATMs all over the US that you can buy with cash and as long as you stay under their ID requirement limit, you should be pretty anonymous

If you buy BTC with bank or anything tied to your identity you'll need to do something like converting to XMR as suggested above
Old 05-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Bitcoin is just about banned in China. My understanding of Chinese BTC law is that they're allowed to hold cryptocurrencies but they aren't allowed to use them as money (in commercial transactions) or exchange them for fiat currency.

Buying bitcoin with your bank account is just about the least anonymous way to go about obtaining BTC, but for whatever your purposes are that method would probably suffice. Just keep in mind that if you're buying crypto directly from your bank account, it's not anonymous at all because it's tied to your identity.

I use both coinbase and gemini. Coinbase allows card + bank purchases, gemini only allows bank (ACH) purchases. If you buy with a card on Coinbase you can send the BTC instantly. If you buy with a bank account on Coinbase or Gemini, your BTC is held for 5 business days before you can send it anywhere.

Honestly it sounds like you're pretty un-savvy with all of this. Let me know what exactly it is you're trying to do and I can try to give you relevant advice.

4) send the BTC to xmr.to's onion site, converting the bitcoin to monero and thus breaking the bitcoin chain tied back to my identity from purchasing with my bank accounts

Steps 4 & 5 are extreme and are generally reserved for highly illegal activity where the parties involved are worried about going to prison because of what they're trading. Only you can determine if those steps are necessary for you. They are one of the only true ways of anonymizing bitcoin transactions since bitcoin itself is not anonymous at all.
I am in awe of your knowledge
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (05-10-2020)
Old 05-10-2020

can you send them US cash instead ,you know well disguised in mail.
that will be a low tech way
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
johnnyhustle41 (05-11-2020)
Old 05-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
I am in awe of your knowledge
Such knowledge only brings sadness and frustration.
CaptainComedown (05-16-2020)
Old 05-11-2020
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Firstly thank you so much for giving me your time to explain in such great detail... i appreciate you man. & yes I am completely new to all of this. The main goal is being able to send money to china through bitcoin, through purchasing the bitcoin with my bank account, where at the end of the year I wont have the IRS asking me why i'm sending so much money through bit coin to china... where it would just look like i'm investing into bitcoin for the sole purpose of an investment you know? It's just for clothing how ever I would just prefer to do it this way opposed to withdrawing funds and sending money gram every week, I can go into more detail with you on a private message maybe?
Old 05-11-2020
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
can you send them US cash instead ,you know well disguised in mail.
that will be a low tech way
I cant sadly, I sell clothing on ebay and poshmark and it gets deposited into my bank account
Old 05-14-2020
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No. I said that's how I would handle it if for some reason I needed to anonymously send money overseas. I've never had any reason to anonymously send money overseas. I just use wire's, lol.

Bitcoin and the industries surrounding it have evolved a lot over the past few years. Criminal enterprises started using bitcoin for payments, thus blockchain analysis has become an industry and nerds are paid to trace bitcoin transactions back to their source/destination.

It was a hypothetical answer based on the opsec research I've done.

TL;DR - using bitcoin you bought straight from your bank account isn't safe if you're concerned about anonymity.

Hey did you get my last message brotha ?
Old 05-15-2020

Longevity: 39%

send the btc to a regular wallet, download incognito wallet, send btc to the incognito wallet as pbtc. have him download the incognito wallet and send the pbtc and then he can convert it back to btc within the wallet.
Old 05-15-2020
Executive [VIP]

Sorry bro. I did get your PM but I have dozens of PM's and rarely respond to them.

Honestly there's no reason for you to mess with crypto for what you're wanting to do. You would just be cutting into your profit margin big-time by paying with crypto, because regardless of where you get BTC there will be fees involved. At a minimum you'd be shaving 3-5% off your profit margin before you even place your order.

There is nothing wrong with sending money to China. The IRS does not care about that since it's legal. In fact, unless you're planning to just never pay any income taxes, it would be beneficial for you to use traditional payment methods. Because it would be much easier for you to reconcile your expenses at tax time if you didn't use bitcoin.

You would be making yourself look more suspicious by using crypto for this, compared to just sending fiat currency by Wire/WU/MG/PP. If you were ever investigated for some reason (which is highly unlikely) it would look like you're buying Fentanyl instead of phony branded clothes.