Paypal needs SSN. what are my option? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-10-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Paypal needs SSN. what are my option?

Happy Mothers Day to all who are mothers to children and fur babies.

This is in regard to paypal requesting to confirm my tax payer status by providing ITN or SSN. Not sure what triggered it as the sales is about $7800 and just under 200 transactions. Honestly I thought I had time (at least till $15000) before I needed to act. At this point Paypal says I cant request or receive money but can I receive money from ebay? I was able to take out my $2k (whew) when I got the ssn notification from paypal. I sell a lot of small items for small changes.
Created the ebay and paypal account in Nov 2019.Since I cannot provide my SSN what are my options? I am willing to go the business route if possible.
I also want to add that when I get an EIN number, the home physical address(not really my home) is in the state of Illinois but I am making the business address in Pennsylvania (my home state). Should that be ok?

In the meantime I am working on creating new ebay and paypal accounts as back up but it is taking some time for them to mature. Otherwise I would have ditch this account for the year. Another question... should I continue to make sales on this ebay while this paypal is being resolved? I have a few small change offers like I to accept.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2020

Longevity: 28%
Default Re: Paypal needs SSN. what are my option?

Same issue, the account is under 10k$ 130 transaction since Dec 2019 - paypal requesting to confirm my tax payer status by providing ITN or SSN
Old 05-11-2020

Here are your options:
Option #1
Don't sell another item on the account for the rest of the year and it will reset but....
If you sell anything else and get a second notice from PayPal, they will limit your account and it will never reset.
Option #2
Set up a LLC and upgrade to business account. This will allow you to sell throughout the year. It costs about $300 to set up using an online attorney in most states and there are yearly fees and accounting expenses, so use this option if you intend to sell all year as expenses do cut into profits.
Option #3
Stop selling and let the account sit in Hope's managed payments sends you an invite. You can ditch PayPal and start over on MP. You won't need a business to operate one account (just use your personal information). This avoids the business expense of operating an LLC.
Old 05-11-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
Here are your options:
Option #1
Don't sell another item on the account for the rest of the year and it will reset but....
If you sell anything else and get a second notice from PayPal, they will limit your account and it will never reset.
Option #2
Set up a LLC and upgrade to business account. This will allow you to sell throughout the year. It costs about $300 to set up using an online attorney in most states and there are yearly fees and accounting expenses, so use this option if you intend to sell all year as expenses do cut into profits.
Option #3
Stop selling and let the account sit in Hope's managed payments sends you an invite. You can ditch PayPal and start over on MP. You won't need a business to operate one account (just use your personal information). This avoids the business expense of operating an LLC.
What if the account is stealth ? how we can proceed to make business account?
Old 05-11-2020

Longevity: 58%

Don't they require SSN anyways when converting to a business account?
Old 05-11-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCard82 View Post
Don't they require SSN anyways when converting to a business account?
Your EiN is used in place of a social security number, that's the whole point of creating a business account.

Managed payments is different though. Their verification process requires everyone signing up (business or personal) to provide a SSN. Since Ebay has never seen someone's SSN, theory suggests that using your SSN on managed payments will be fine regardless if you've been banned in the past.
Old 05-11-2020

Longevity: 22%

Try to buy a psd from fiverr and make yours
Old 05-11-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
Your EiN is used in place of a social security number, that's the whole point of creating a business account.

Managed payments is different though. Their verification process requires everyone signing up (business or personal) to provide a SSN. Since Ebay has never seen someone's SSN, theory suggests that using your SSN on managed payments will be fine regardless if you've been banned in the past.
I remember trying the EIN when they asked for the SSN and i remember it possibly triggering an ID request a few weeks later. I could be wrong as i only tested it once, but i don't have the money or time to repeatedly test this method unfortunately.
Old 05-12-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Pro View Post
Same issue, the account is under 10k$ 130 transaction since Dec 2019 - paypal requesting to confirm my tax payer status by providing ITN or SSN
And you have none of this though - going to be problematic - have you gone to the irs site and seen what you can do as a foreigner?
Old 05-12-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Bestbuy,Office Depots,US post office all sell on Ebay,they dont have SSN,same with many brick and mortar stores,small,medium,large
Every business has a principal authorized to sign contracts and open merchant accounts. Every merchant account processor (Including Adyen) requires proof of a "person " authorized to make decisions and open accounts. This proof will be somebody's SSN number. This is true for all business accounts including services, loans, banking, etc...
If this was not the case, everyone would just open merchant accounts using EIN's from big corporations...can't be done (and illegal too)
Old 05-12-2020

Longevity: 58%

Back in 2014 I opened a business paypal account. Back then they didn't require SSN's I just had an LLC I had opened and used the EIN number, I've used it for eBay before (not anymore since I was banned) but paypal never asked for SSN to this day. I only use it now for buying stuff online. But in the past i did receive large payments from eBay sales, I was only banned for selling on eBay due to high risk items and they didn't accept my "invoices" I provided.. Again, not sure how it works now a days when opening a business paypal account. I was banned from paypal back in 2012 (my real SSN that is)

Last edited by RichardCard82; 05-12-2020 at 11:13 PM.