Girlfriend and I both have an account, both are linked... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-11-2020
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Girlfriend and I both have an account, both are linked...

Girlfriend and I both have accounts, definitely have been logged into from the same IP address hundreds of times, same computers, same address, you get the picture.

Neither are suspended... yet...

We never sold heavily until a few months ago. Now, both of us are almost at the 200 items/$20k limit before they send you a 1099...

She only has about 20 things currently listed on her account, I have about 60 on mine.

I want to completely stop selling on my account and go 100% on her account for tax purposes.

Problem is, my account is currently "Below Standard". I'm worried that if I don't continue to sell on my account and get it up, that eBay will suspend my account, and then also suspend hers since they are linked.

I'm also concerned that if I suddenly end 60 items on my account, and then list them on hers, that it will throw some red flags or something..

Either way, I can't keep selling on my account.. I have to end all of my listings.. so my plan is to end all of my items, post them on her account, and then I just bought eBay Stealth a few minutes ago. I'm going to make some stealth accounts for backup or to at least make some sales on them and get them going so we aren't totally screwed if we get shut down.

Any experts out there want to comment on how I should best handle this situation?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-12-2020

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Girlfriend and I both have an account, both are linked...

Do not end all of your listing once, you will be suspended. It happened to me.

End them in 1-2 weeks, little by little.

But since you and her have logged in and out thousands of times, I think both of your accounts are linked. One day if one of it is banned, the other one would be banned as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwater View Post
Girlfriend and I both have accounts, definitely have been logged into from the same IP address hundreds of times, same computers, same address, you get the picture.

Neither are suspended... yet...

We never sold heavily until a few months ago. Now, both of us are almost at the 200 items/$20k limit before they send you a 1099...

She only has about 20 things currently listed on her account, I have about 60 on mine.

I want to completely stop selling on my account and go 100% on her account for tax purposes.

Problem is, my account is currently "Below Standard". I'm worried that if I don't continue to sell on my account and get it up, that eBay will suspend my account, and then also suspend hers since they are linked.

I'm also concerned that if I suddenly end 60 items on my account, and then list them on hers, that it will throw some red flags or something..

Either way, I can't keep selling on my account.. I have to end all of my listings.. so my plan is to end all of my items, post them on her account, and then I just bought eBay Stealth a few minutes ago. I'm going to make some stealth accounts for backup or to at least make some sales on them and get them going so we aren't totally screwed if we get shut down.

Any experts out there want to comment on how I should best handle this situation?

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2020

Longevity: 75%

Why not just put all your listings up in price to a price that no one will buy them at.

Then just end them a few at a time....over a period of a week or two, easy enough to do....
Old 05-13-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Good idea to get backup accounts going and start rotating sales off to them - hers could still last as well