Address to use with a clean eBay account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-09-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Address to use with a clean eBay account?

First post so go easy!

What address do yo guys normally use on the stealth accounts? Is it some sort of virtual address/PO Box that everyone is using?

My eBay account is very fresh so keen not to screw it up!

I have registered address and return address to populate..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Address to use with a clean eBay account?

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Both address options do work - I use altered real addresses for my few UK accounts. I haven't tried po box in the UK but USA and Canada, for sure
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
SpOoN (05-10-2020)
Old 05-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

When I was active on this forum many years ago the considered opinion was any address you use for stealth you should have access to - thus eliminating problems with returns

In those days a large number of people came here purely because they wanted to resume trading that had been interupted by some silly rule or other from EB/PP and that advise was good

It appears to me in the short time I have been back here that a lot of posters now are looking for lots of accounts in anticipation of their accounts getting closed.

The demographics of the people requiring accounts has changed from someone just wanting to get back selling to people selling in a way that they know EB/PP do not accept and therefore expect to lose accounts on a regular basis - but that is just my observation and opinion

Finding a suitable address to use is obviously one of the first elements of any stealth account. It has to appear real. The post code must obviously match the address

If it is a business account an empty shop will do fine - but you will not have access to it - but EB/PP will not be writing to you (as far as I know)

The small problem you have is if an address has been used before - unlikely

I have never been a fan of accomodation addresses as they seem to have little success

You need to appear credible and ordinary
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
SpOoN (05-10-2020)
Old 05-12-2020

Longevity: 76%

What you have to consider, with a return item, you can add a 2nd address for returns, perhaps you will not need to set up the return address for a long time, you can add a real return address, if and when it is needed in the future, even after the buyer requests a return, eBay system will let you add the address, you could then delete the return address shortly afterwards.