Convert business paypal to stealth after the fact? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-13-2020
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Convert business paypal to stealth after the fact?

I've had a personal paypal account for YEARS. Opened business paypal account, bank verified it, and bought an item already 6 weeks ago. Have a CC and bank account attached to this biz account. Shortly afterwards, ebay suspended indefinitely my ebay account, never heard anything from paypal.

This was all pre-stealth, unfortunately. All on same computer: personal ebay and paypal and business ebay and paypal, and all the same personal info: name, address, but different bank account and phone number.

Since the business paypal has all my personal information already, it would be great if I could migrate this to shopify. If paypal has not suspended the account like ebay has, is it worth taking that risk? Should I try to separate them at this late date: separate user account/IP, so they aren't intertwined from now on, or is the damage done and it doesn't matter if I separate them or not? It's just they have all my personal data and it would be nice to continue on without needing to be creative after this and a lot more effort.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2020

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Convert business paypal to stealth after the fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hak3865 View Post
I've had a personal paypal account for YEARS. Opened business paypal account, bank verified it, and bought an item already 6 weeks ago. Have a CC and bank account attached to this biz account. Shortly afterwards, ebay suspended indefinitely my ebay account, never heard anything from paypal.

This was all pre-stealth, unfortunately. All on same computer: personal ebay and paypal and business ebay and paypal, and all the same personal info: name, address, but different bank account and phone number.

Since the business paypal has all my personal information already, it would be great if I could migrate this to shopify. If paypal has not suspended the account like ebay has, is it worth taking that risk? Should I try to separate them at this late date: separate user account/IP, so they aren't intertwined from now on, or is the damage done and it doesn't matter if I separate them or not? It's just they have all my personal data and it would be nice to continue on without needing to be creative after this and a lot more effort.
You can add the paypal account to shopify
Old 05-13-2020
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evofox View Post
You can add the paypal account to shopify
Thank you Evofox!

Should I try to separate that biz paypal from my personal paypal from now on by using separate user account and IP since up to now they were lumped together on same computer? Or, at this point it doesn't matter?
Old 05-13-2020

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Thank you Evofox!

Should I try to separate that biz paypal from my personal paypal from now on by using separate user account and IP since up to now they were lumped together on same computer? Or, at this point it doesn't matter?
I wouldn't use paypal as your main income.... there's a huge thread of people who got banned on paypal and due to them allegedly breaking the AUP whatever money they had stuck in paypal after 180 days is taken and sent back to paypal..... meanwhile these people had no chargebacks and 100% rep on ebay, they also are not given a reason why paypal takes their money, they can charge $2500 per violation, some people have lost over 200k due to them keeping such a large number of money in their accounts.... be careful
Old 05-13-2020

Longevity: 36%

You're better off accepting a merchant that allows paypal payment
Old 05-13-2020
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

thank you for the warning and suggestion
Old 05-14-2020

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Thank you Evofox!

Yes is better to separate the account