Remember: Microsoft giant monopoly reversed DRM policy, MP could too if... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-16-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Remember: Microsoft giant monopoly reversed DRM policy, MP could too if...

Here's the vid on Microsoft walking back on totalitarian DRM policies 6 years ago:

If ebayers actually do something about it such as...not sign up for MP when they ask and move on to the next account, cause an uproar, something, maybe we can stop MP on it's tracks like gamers did for Microsoft.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-16-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Remember: Microsoft giant monopoly reversed DRM policy, MP could too if...

A lot of people might not like dealing with eBay but they tend to like dealing with PayPal even less
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
dazller_the_great (05-17-2020)
Old 05-16-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Remember: Microsoft giant monopoly reversed DRM policy, MP could too if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Most ebayers are in favour of managed payments.
Until they get suspended for life with no second chances
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
A lot of people might not like dealing with eBay but they tend to like dealing with PayPal even less
PayPal when done right, skies are the limits.
Old 05-17-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
That absolutely tiny number of low grade sellers is neither here nor there. Ebay will be glad to see the back of a certain kind of seller - 'stealthers' is the name I think they go by.
Shome Mishtake Shurely!!!

I understood stealthers were essential to Ebays bottom line? ((At least that's the impression I get from reading some of the posts on here)

Are you saying I have misunderstood it?
Old 05-17-2020

Longevity: 24%

I must admit, I have never had any problems with Paypal, only with Ebay. I would prefer to keep things the way they are but unfortunately to survive in business, you must constantly adapt to the environment. I'm sure Managed Payments will be easy to work around.

I personally think Ebay are only clamping down on Stealth accounts because of pressures from outside sources, If they really wanted to get rid of stealth accounts it probably wouldn't be that difficult. I find it odd that their security has so many flaws, and every time they bring in a new security measure, they always seem to leave a back door open for us. I mean think about, their security is designed and implemented by professionals, yet a bunch of retailers on an internet forum are somehow always able to stay one step ahead!! And they can literally come here and read how we do it!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Ebay would suffer without us, but I think they like the extra money either way. No business in the world has ever said "we have enough money now, please stop sending us more"

Either that or their IT department were all dropped on their heads at birth or something! Especially when you compare Ebay security to Amazon Security!
Old 05-17-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
That absolutely tiny number of low grade sellers is neither here nor there. Ebay will be glad to see the back of a certain kind of seller - 'stealthers' is the name I think they go by.
Considering we are on a stealth forum, I wouldn't have thought that you think that way.
Old 05-17-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Considering we are on a stealth forum, I wouldn't have thought that you think that way.
Having read an awful lot of the posts I cannot help but be intrigued at the entitlement and exceptionalism some posters display

We do need to understand we are a very very small band, all playing in our own world, and mostly making fundamental mistakes that are easily identified by Ebay

As an Executive member I would imagine you have seen boatloads of these and I would be surprised if you did not share to some degree the cynicism expressed
Old 05-17-2020

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
PayPal when done right, skies are the limits.
Definitely my friend definitely I used about 15 pp s acc.
Old 05-17-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

^^^

No, I think it's wrong of you to think you are completely immune from ebay's wrath just because you think you yourself is some goody too shoe seller that only sell the high quality stuff, and because of that, you will NEVER EVER get suspended. We've seen how that story played out over and over on this forum. So instead of being all gung ho for this one account for the rest of our lives state of mind, try and offer some solutions.

Did you not see the other thread where one of the members here had their MP accounts suspended? Now what's he going to do?

Here is the thread by the way:

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-man...suspended.html

Last edited by glacier922; 05-17-2020 at 11:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2020
Executive [VIP]

I do think stealth is going to have to unwind a bit - years ago it was not at all easy to create multiple accounts and I think the situation that currently exists on Etsy and Amazon will become the norm

Stealthers are going to have to develop a different mindset

It will happen, of that I have no doubt, but the information needed to operate under stealth conditions will not be bandied about as it is now

This managed payments system is just another step on the road - whatever lock one person can make another person can make a key - for sure though the whole modus operandi will have to change
Old 05-17-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Most ebayers are in favour of managed payments.
yes this is true , it is going to make things easier for them , except if for someone got suspended for no proper reason and using a stealth account just to be able to continue selling on ebay
Old 05-17-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Calm down, I never said I was immune. Like everyone else I will have to see how it pans out.

Maybe it is the death of stealth as we know it. I'm sure it is, but there's nothing I can do about that is there?

Maybe folk will just have to start and treat their accounts with a bit more respect. TBH, if its the death of the smash-and-grab sellers then I for one wont be complaining.
i do agree with you ,
i really hope something good happens that fix this whole thing
Old 05-28-2020

Longevity: 22%

Probably won't happen the majority of sellers are actually for MP. It's just our population of stealth users is really against change which is understandable.