Refund error - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-09-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Refund error

I have been attempting to refund my customer for the last 3 days, and I keep getting this message: "We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later." Is anyone else having this issue?

If that matters:
- I have enough money in my balance, so that can't be an issue here.
- I was paid in US dollars and trying to refund in the same currency.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-09-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Refund error

has his payment been converted into your local currency?
Old 05-09-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
has his payment been converted into your local currency?
No, it's in USD in my PP balance
Old 05-17-2020
Threadstarter  

It'a been a week and the issue is still there.

I click "Refund this Payment" the page refreshes and I'm back at the transaction. I've tried and tried, but each time I'm bounced back to the transaction screen. If I'm fast enough to click to refund the payment, it gives me the error message: "We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later."

I've seen people reported the same issue on reddit, but no solution suggested except contacting Paypal (which I don't really want to do).

I'm thinking that the issue might something to do with the old version of my browser (I'm using Mozilla firefox). Does anybody know, if I update the browser to the latest version, would I still have all my cookies and cash?
Old 05-17-2020

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_ View Post
It'a been a week and the issue is still there.

I click "Refund this Payment" the page refreshes and I'm back at the transaction. I've tried and tried, but each time I'm bounced back to the transaction screen. If I'm fast enough to click to refund the payment, it gives me the error message: "We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later."

I've seen people reported the same issue on reddit, but no solution suggested except contacting Paypal (which I don't really want to do).

I'm thinking that the issue might something to do with the old version of my browser (I'm using Mozilla firefox). Does anybody know, if I update the browser to the latest version, would I still have all my cookies and cash?
Your only option would be to contact paypal via phone or message center, seems to be an issue with your account
Old 05-17-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks. The issue is not only with my account. I've seen 10-15 topics over the internet for the last weeks with the exact same issue. Anyways, I'm considering to contact paypal of course, I just want it to be my last move.

What I want to try now is updating my browser and see if that would help, for some reasons I think it should.

I'm just asking would updating the browser affect my cache and cookies (dumb question, but I just want to make sure it wouldn't).
Old 05-17-2020

Longevity: 28%

As a rule of thumb, don't ever call PayPal...for anything...ever.
Ok now that's settled, I believe it is your browser. Anytime there's a glitch that only affects a few, it's usually in your operating system. Updating your browser is completely safe. Your cookies and catche will remain. If the problem still exists after updating, your next move would be to use another browser, Chrome or IE. When switching browsers, just make sure your on the same user account with the same IP and all is good. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Steveo036940 For This Useful Post:
vincent_ (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks a lot, Steveo036940! That's what I wanted to hear from experienced users.

I will try to update my browser then. Hopefully will get back here soon with some good news or any other updates on the case.
Old 05-18-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
I have been attempting to refund my customer for the last 3 days, and I keep getting this message: "We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later." Is anyone else having this issue?

If that matters:
- I have enough money in my balance, so that can't be an issue here.
- I was paid in US dollars and trying to refund in the same currency.

Do you have more balance than the transaction you received? PayPal no longer refunds the fixed $0.30 fee so you would need the balance received PLUS this fixed fee in order to refund now. Old rules was that they refund all the fees so you could have refunded with an exact balance, this may be what is happening to OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to leej42144 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
As a rule of thumb, don't ever call PayPal...for anything...ever.
Ok now that's settled, I believe it is your browser. Anytime there's a glitch that only affects a few, it's usually in your operating system. Updating your browser is completely safe. Your cookies and catche will remain. If the problem still exists after updating, your next move would be to use another browser, Chrome or IE. When switching browsers, just make sure your on the same user account with the same IP and all is good. Good luck!

That's not always the case, I've called paypal on numerous times. I've successfully ran 8 stealth accounts for the last 5 years with no issues. I've called them on numerous times, using different phones of course. Nothing bad has ever happened to the accounts, they're all still running fine. Sometimes you don't have a choice but to call. You can message them too if you're too nervous to call.
Old 05-22-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leej42144 View Post
Do you have more balance than the transaction you received? PayPal no longer refunds the fixed $0.30 fee so you would need the balance received PLUS this fixed fee in order to refund now. Old rules was that they refund all the fees so you could have refunded with an exact balance, this may be what is happening to OP.
I have enough money in my balance, so that's not an issue here. But thanks for the input.
Old 05-22-2020
Threadstarter  

Just a quick update:

- I was able to resolve the problem with a buyer without refunding him.

- The issue is still there though. Every time I click "Refund this Payment" the page refreshes and I'm back at the transaction.

After reading a lot of similar topics over Internet, I'm pretty sure that the issue is with Mozilla Firefox. I updated the browser to the latest version and also played with some settings. I didn't help unfortunately.

There is an option to switch to Chrome or IE, but I'm a bit worried about getting quick security check first time I login (I don't have access to the phone number registered with the account) and running into an even bigger trouble.

Another option is to clear chache in Mozilla (keeping cookies) and try again.

What do you guys think?*
Old 05-25-2020

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Just a quick update:

- The issue is still there though. Every time I click "Refund this Payment" the page refreshes and I'm back at the transaction.

After reading a lot of similar topics over Internet, I'm pretty sure that the issue is with Mozilla Firefox. I updated the browser to the latest version and also played with some settings. I didn't help unfortunately.

There is an option to switch to Chrome or IE, but I'm a bit worried about getting quick security check first time I login (I don't have access to the phone number registered with the account) and running into an even bigger trouble.

What do you guys think?*
I have the same problem with chrome browser, after paypal account got limited 2 days ago I tried to send the refund but there is this error:
We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons
Refunds are allowed in my limitation, but I am still thinking that this error might have something to do with limitation. I have refunded before with not limited paypal account and always has worked.
Old 05-25-2020

Longevity: 28%

If your account is fully limited, it's not your browser. If your limitation allows you to withdraw and send your money, it's something else. You'll need to carefully read your list of limitations PayPal gave you to know for sure.
Old 05-27-2020

Quote:
Just a quick update:

What do you guys think?*

You can contact paypal as I suggested a week ago, it will avoid you going through the guessing game, a simple phone call can answer your question.
Old 05-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCard82 View Post
You can contact paypal as I suggested a week ago, it will avoid you going through the guessing game, a simple phone call can answer your question.
While contacting PP by phone is never fun, Richard is right here for simple solution
Old 05-28-2020

I sent paypal customer support message yesterday and today I received a message back and refund of 97 euros was sent back to the sender. Looks like it works when you ask for help.
Old 05-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I started having this issue today on 2 different accounts.

I had returns which were needing to be refunded since they arrived yesterday. I got error messages on both eBay and Paypal when trying to send the refunds.

What worked for me was trying to refund through the eBay return request repeatedly until I finally got both of them through. I had to try at least 5 times on each request. After several error messages both refunds eventually went through and I was able to close out both return requests.

If anyone is in the same boat, I hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

No, that's not it. Paypal is having some kind of technical difficulties processing refunds lately. I'm familiar with e-check payments but that's not what these were. If a customer pays with an e-check (which is the only type of Paypal payment you're notified of before it clears) Paypal tells you not to ship the order until the payment clears.

These were fully cleared, weeks old payments in my case. Paypal is just acting glitchy. Because like I said, I was able to get both refunds through after several attempts.. and that wouldn't be possible if the payments hadn't cleared yet.
Old 06-06-2020

Longevity: 41%

I'm having the same problem here, I'm trying to issue a refund to the buyer by using my credit card which is on my account. The card is not verified, do i have to verify it? I mean the credit card is on my account and I can send money to other people but I can't issue a refund to anyone. I remember the last time I could because I had paypal balance but that is not the case now. This card has enough founds available to issue the refund but I notice something when I try to issue the refund there is no paypal fee for me I mean if I had to issue a $100 refund, I had to issue the whole $100. I remember the last time I could issue a refund there was a small amount (the paypal fee) I would keep it. Anyways I tried to refund to my buyer but I canīt and I have to do this soon, so I hope I can solve this anytime soon.
Old 06-07-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
No, that's not it. Paypal is having some kind of technical difficulties processing refunds lately. I'm familiar with e-check payments but that's not what these were. If a customer pays with an e-check (which is the only type of Paypal payment you're notified of before it clears) Paypal tells you not to ship the order until the payment clears.

These were fully cleared, weeks old payments in my case. Paypal is just acting glitchy. Because like I said, I was able to get both refunds through after several attempts.. and that wouldn't be possible if the payments hadn't cleared yet.
Then this must have to do someting with corona virus problem for paypal. Normal banks in my country dont just bend over and close phone lines because of corona virus. Only paypal has done that. Disgusting attitude from a big company!!
Old 06-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkt234 View Post
Disgusting attitude from a big company!!
I know. It's unprecedented and ridiculous. Huge companies have used this as excuse to completely shut down customer service and leave their customers in the dark.

The bad part about it is that it's across the board in the USA - including banks.