PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-20-2020

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 40%
Default PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this?

I see it's a common problem, I've been reading a lot of threads on it, and I was wondering if there's a (paid) service available for this?

I'm trying to add my bank, and it all goes well but then I get the "quick security check" and the phone I added about 3 weeks ago STILL doesn't get recognized by the system. They see it's me when I call in, but it won't work on the web page and there's no call-in operators available, and they won't do it by chat.

Does anyone either know how to do it even as a paid service anymore, or am I at a dead end? The account is years old, a few recent small sales on it, just the bank is an issue. There was a VBA on it that was never confirmed, so I removed it months ago, but there was never any issues with a sale or anything.

If there's a solution or service available, please let me know, cost is not an issue. Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this?

What is the error exactly yhayt you're getting?
Are you saying that you can't use your PP because they deem your phone invalid??
Old 05-20-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
What is the error exactly yhayt you're getting?
Are you saying that you can't use your PP because they deem your phone invalid??
Everything works 100%, except I can't add a bank. The old VBA that was on it was never confirmed, so I removed it a month ago. But for the past few weeks I've been trying to add my bank, and I put the account and routing info in, and then it says "quick security check" and wants to send me a code, but tells me to add a number. My number IS on the account, added a few weeks ago, but it still doesn't seem to see it.

When I call in with the number, (it's a Verizon number) it says "we recognize this number" and pull up my account right away, but while adding a bank it doesn't. I gave it weeks and it still doesn't work.

So if there's a workaround

Last edited by SaiJin; 05-20-2020 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-20-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%

why not use a normal bank account. You're in USA, you shouldn't have any trouble adding a real checking account.
Old 05-20-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
why not use a normal bank account. You're in USA, you shouldn't have any trouble adding a real checking account.

The VBA That was partially added was removed, and that was all from a year ago. I AM trying to add a real bank account now, the problem with the phone thing is what I'm having while trying to add that real bank account.
Old 05-20-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
I see it's a common problem, I've been reading a lot of threads on it, and I was wondering if there's a (paid) service available for this?

I'm trying to add my bank, and it all goes well but then I get the "quick security check" and the phone I added about 3 weeks ago STILL doesn't get recognized by the system. They see it's me when I call in, but it won't work on the web page and there's no call-in operators available, and they won't do it by chat.

Does anyone either know how to do it even as a paid service anymore, or am I at a dead end? The account is years old, a few recent small sales on it, just the bank is an issue. There was a VBA on it that was never confirmed, so I removed it months ago, but there was never any issues with a sale or anything.

If there's a solution or service available, please let me know, cost is not an issue. Thanks!
In my experience if your phone number ever doesn't work with an automated verification system, calling in using that phone number (or spoofing it if you don't have access to it) and talking to a support person usually works just fine
Old 05-20-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormat22 View Post
In my experience if your phone number ever doesn't work with an automated verification system, calling in using that phone number (or spoofing it if you don't have access to it) and talking to a support person usually works just fine
Thanks... the hard part is right now you can't call in to talk to anybody... soooo frustrating.
Old 05-20-2020
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Phone number changes on PP usually take 7-90 days to update in their system before things will work normally again.

Make sure the old phone is removed and this phone is the primary number, then keep trying weekly until it works.

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-...ml#post1093672
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
Elliot (05-21-2020)