eBay collections??? what to do if anything? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-17-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default eBay collections??? what to do if anything?

I just received a letter from EB collections, for some stupid $xxx that i supposedly owe them for fees. funny thing is, i called EB accounting, and they said "you don't owe anything..."

ok. lets go back a few month to the begining...stupidly, after getting my initial suspension on my primary PS account, I paid off all fees immediately as they said "all fees are due and payable immediately', and " you can't be considered for reinstatement unless all fees are paid".. so.. honest me, paid the thousands in fees for that month after suspension...

guess what, no reinstatement anyways.. some BS "abusing EB" suspension, and i was not even allowed to know the real reason, because T&S cited Privacy concerns... so there goes my gold PS account, 15000+ pos FB, 99%+ rating... and also NARUed many other linked accounts, up in smoke too...

so.. that was before discovering this forum.

now, i just received this stupid letter sent to my real address.. but, under a ebay registration name... ie First name: AAA, Last Name: BBB...

so.. the letter (Notice of Claim by some collection company working for EB) was addressed to:

AAA BBB
1234 12th St (my real addres)

Should this be a concern? although they don't have my real name on this letter, Im pretty sure they have it on file somewhere at EB... due to the name of the credit card I had on the account (real credit card, under my own name, not VCC under some BS name, and at the same address). Im afraid they can still file to the credit bureau and put a black mark on my credit file, under my real name..... what do you guys think? what should I do? send the letter back to the sender, and say NO SUCH PERSON here?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-17-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Here's some good information on these threads:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...my-credit.html
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...on-agency.html
Old 09-17-2007
Threadstarter  

So basically, by the collection agency trying to collect from someone by the name of AAA BBB (eBay alias), at my real address, there is nothing for me to worry about?

Even though EB may know who is the real person associated with that account, they cannot try to collect from my real name because the registered name of the EB account is under the alias, and thus they cannot make a credit bureau report against my real name?

thanks for the clarification!
Old 09-17-2007
Banned

Even if they do have your real name just dispute it and say its not you. As easy as that.
Old 09-18-2007

Longevity: 96%

You will have to be very careful with this. Assuming they do not have your real name. Now, if the bill does happen to show up with your real name on it then you MUST take action. You will have 30 days to dispute it with the company that sent the letter ( Called a Debt Validation letter ). Any collector must validate the alleged debt, many do not breaking the laws of course.
ut if you do not send the letter to deny the bill is yours, it becomes yours by default and they can then start to collect and report it on your credit report.

I am sorry, many people think it is not fair, but the law states that you the consumer must dispute the debt with a letter ( always send CMRRR ) or it BECOMES yours as you did not dispute it validity.

Since they do not have your real name and sending it to your real addy, it is not addressed to you then, the letter must have your name in some way, initials etc for you to do something.

If they can link you to the account ( hard to do ) and send you a letter you really need to be all over it.

Remember Collection Agencies have to follow the laws, many do not but that is where many of us knock em out with the laws they break. FDCRA gives you some insight on how they are suppose to collect a debt, if they break one and you have the proof, they can go away real quick or fight you.

Also remember, the burden of proof it is yours rest on them to prove it.
More often then not they cannot prove it is yours.

Relax, watch the mail for your real name or initials and respond only to those.
Never answer any mail not address to you ( real name ) and never call any CA ever for any reason.

The law states they cannot just show up on your credit report without proving it is your debt to begin with, if they do then the process begins to get ready to rumble with them. There are ways to get rid of them if they do show up without giving you a chance to dispute the item.

People need to know that just plain disputing something on a credit report may not be enough, CRA's often just believe the CA or OC and do not change it or remove it.

Keep ALL letters and ALL envelopes for some time. You may need them later.
Old 09-18-2007
Threadstarter  

thanks for the info...

since the letter is not addressed to my real name, i think best thing is to simply ignore it.. i don;t think any CA can make bad report to the credit reporting agency about someone just based on just an address, with no real name attached to it.

shoot.. had i known what i know now about the impossibility of having an account restored in EB, i could have saved x000' s in unpaid fees...