Managed Payments Document Requests? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-10-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default URGENT: Managed Payments Document Requests?

Is it possible to enter the stealth name, address, company name, EIN, and put the EIN again for the SS when signing up for managed payments.

So background information
- I have 4 stealth accounts each has it's own stealth name, address, and legitimate ID (passports from family).
- Each account sells 20k monthly.
- I created 4 LLCs, all as single members LLCs attached the 4 EINs to each account. These EINs are linked to my SS.
- I also have 4 business bank accounts created with the 4 EINs and attached a business bank account to each stealth account.

I understand that the name will have to match the name on the bank account / also address but if you have a business checking account your business name will match the business bank account (you can change your business checking account address to stealth address easily) would this work? (at 4k threshold they require the bank info to match)

From what I understand identification is required for LLC members with at least 25% ownership but because my LLCs are single members I can't provide my own ID for all 4 of my stealth accounts that would cause a link correct? Would it be possible to provide the stealth ID to bypass this check? Another concern is entering my SS for all 4 accounts would lead all my other stealth to be connected.

In theory I could I have one legitimate account with my SS but now what about my other 3.....

Thank you all for reading and I look forward to the replies

Last edited by fadedstealth; 05-10-2020 at 04:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fadedstealth For This Useful Post:
Random0 (05-28-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2020

Longevity: 23%
Default Re: Managed Payments Document Requests?

I am wondering the same. For what I can see on the checklist they will require ID for LLC member with at least 25% ownership. Others have posted about having to give their SSN if sole prop, but I am not sure. The ID part is what I struggle with because I have about 30 stealth accounts.
Old 05-12-2020
Threadstarter  

During the MP sign up page, when you sign up as a legal entity you are not required to upload an ID during the sign up process but it states a SSN is required but I have heard people have got by with reusing the EIN again for the SSN.

Others have stated at the 4k threshold a bank statement is requested to ensure the bank account name matches the business name.

Here is link to a thread that states that eBay could be searching SOS databases to ensure there is match
https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-man...nts-forum.html

The issue with them searching SOS, is if you are a single member LLC, and you used the stealth profile obviously this person will not show up on the SOS database for the LLC.

Could you link the checklist that states identification they will require ID for LLC member with at least 25% ownership?

Last edited by fadedstealth; 05-12-2020 at 03:45 AM.
Old 05-12-2020

Longevity: 60%

Everyone can search the company owner and shareholders with the EIN, but it's impossible to confirm on public web how much % of each shareholders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedstealth View Post
During the MP sign up page, when you sign up as a legal entity you are not required to upload an ID during the sign up process but it states a SSN is required but I have heard people have got by with reusing the EIN again for the SSN.

Others have stated at the 4k threshold a bank statement is requested to ensure the bank account name matches the business name.

Here is link to a thread that states that eBay could be searching SOS databases to ensure there is match
https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-man...nts-forum.html

The issue with them searching SOS, is if you are a single member LLC, and you used the stealth profile obviously this person will not show up on the SOS database for the LLC.

Could you link the checklist that states identification they will require ID for LLC member with at least 25% ownership?
Old 05-12-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
Everyone can search the company owner and shareholders with the EIN, but it's impossible to confirm on public web how much % of each shareholders.
Really? How?
Old 05-12-2020

That's my agent who registered my LLC told me.

I assume it's something like the public database which ebay usually use to verify user's identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
Really? How?
Old 05-12-2020

However the shareholder's detail percentage is something they won't be able to see.

I was told like this, but not sure and not confirmed it yet. If it's really like that, it would be possible to ask help from friends or family members to add them into the company shareholder with very little shares but use their ID to register the MP. (as MP won't be able to see the exact shareholder percentage to force you provide them your real ID info).
Old 05-12-2020

But again, in this way, this account is not stealth account anymore, it's a real account with real persons information.
Old 05-12-2020
Threadstarter  

Supposedly having multi member LLC and using the other person's identification and their SSN would by pass this identity check.

The other check is the bank account needs to match the business name which can be easily done by opening a business checking account with the EIN.

But then again, this isn't true stealth anymore it'll be a legitimate account.

This appears to be the only safe route to maintain job security for myself as a seller because it now removes the issue if one account falls the others will stand on their own.

This is the game we have to play now, time to adapt to continue making money. The ones who don't will fall off and allow a bigger pool for the ones who adapted.

Please enlighten me or let me know if my thinking is wrong. Thank you all for the responses. Very much appreciated and hopefully we will all get through this together.
Old 05-13-2020
Threadstarter  

Another possible option is to temporarily add a member to your LLC and then removing them after passing the identity check but who knows how often these checks are done. Is it a one time thing only? Is it checked every payout? Twice a year? So many questions and no answers very frustrating.
The Following User Says Thank You to fadedstealth For This Useful Post:
2020Lola (07-11-2020)
Old 05-13-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Another possible option is to temporarily add a member to your LLC and then removing them after passing the identity check but who knows how often these checks are done. Is it a one time thing only? Is it checked every payout? Twice a year? So many questions and no answers very frustrating.
Interesting approach to test - front line
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
2020Lola (07-11-2020)
Old 05-13-2020

I thought the same. But we can't confirm, if ebay will check the company information from time to time and if remove / add a member, bank will check.

Only 2 months left now.

Quote:
Old 05-14-2020
Threadstarter  

Another possible concern is, are they checking to see if the stealth address matches the LLC's registered address?

The registered address of any business is viewable to the public on the online databases.

Many stealth accounts use PO boxes, UPS mailboxes, and sometimes friends/family addresses. Obviously you can't set up your business entities' address with a PO box or a UPS mailbox because the IRS rejects it.

When I created these 4 LLCs I used my home address for all of them, while all my stealth accounts use a UPS mailbox. Any suggestions, should I change the registered addresses of my LLCs to match the eBay profiles as well? Or maybe I'm overthinking and they are just checking for ownership through these databases.

Sorry this MP has really got me stressed out, I just know I'd be really be devastated to lose accounts I've grown, cared for diligently, and nurtured to the status they are today. That's why I'm trying to absorb as much information I can to prepare for this disaster day July 15th.

Unable to reply to you PepsiCoin haven't reached my 25 post thing yet

Last edited by fadedstealth; 05-14-2020 at 03:34 AM.
Old 05-14-2020

[QUOTE=fadedstealth;1093208]Another possible concern is, are they checking to see if the stealth address matches the LLC's registered address?

I don't worry about that. Which law says you have to register your home address to business address. That doesn't make any sense.
Old 05-15-2020
Threadstarter  

I guess I shouldn't worry about it either, I've yet to read a post about MP that states they are checking the stealth address to match the LLC's registered address.

Only three facts I know are, SSN is required for the sign up, when 4k threshhold is reached additional information is requested for bank statement, and some people have said ID can be requested if information doesn't match up.
Old 05-15-2020

Longevity: 36%

When i used my registered agent to form my LLC, i had the option to use my registered agents address as my business address. I did exactly that.
Old 05-28-2020
Threadstarter  

I'll keep this in mind. It's probably nothing to worry about.
Old 06-01-2020

I'm running about a bunch of stealth accounts, so I don't know what will happened by the end of summer. This thing is coming soon and it seems that no one really knows what's going to happen and a bunch of speculations.
Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthLight View Post
I'm running about a bunch of stealth accounts, so I don't know what will happened by the end of summer. This thing is coming soon and it seems that no one really knows what's going to happen and a bunch of speculations.
Same here but I only got the MP requirement on 1 of my accounts. They are all personal accounts. How about you, how many do you have to register with MP?
Old 06-04-2020
Threadstarter  

I have 3 stealth accounts required to switch over to MP by July 15th.
Old 06-14-2020

Quote:
I have 3 stealth accounts required to switch over to MP by July 15th.
Is it mandatory?
Old 06-22-2020

Longevity: 65%

What if I run multiple stealth accounts with variation of my personal name (my real info got burnt with ebay years ago). Should I try to use my real info on one account in case it works and just loose all other accounts since I can`t keep entering my real info on several accounts?