ebay and paypal suspended - balanced owed to them - collection after me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-23-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default ebay and paypal suspended - balanced owed to them - collection after me

Hi All, I have my golden ebay account from 4 years ago limited and my paypal as well. Now I owe them some money, not much $400. Collection agency is after me right now, which is at the least of my worries. I want to get my account back and i don't know if it's worth the hassle, do you think they will ever lift my account again? Thanks for any advice in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2009

Longevity: 84%

Fax them a response letter to the Collections notice. Say that you have no knowledge of this account.

I did this with an eBay $1,500 bill a few years ago (I was pissed because they banned me with NO explanation..), so I said "screw 'em" and decided I wouldn't pay their $1,500 fees.

Never heard from them again.

Their collections is probably in-house, and they just write it off...
Old 10-24-2009

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via Yahoo to dan12909

yea if you owe them that much money i would not pay unless you had a letter that said you and ebay agrees if you pay they will reinstate your account with no black marks on it and also paypal also if you have been limited on that also. seems ebay is trying to get some older accounts that made them money back up and going as would be the case with my account being suspended for Seller non Performance but that was caused by a friend using my account. The account was reinstated after 18 months of being suspended from ebay and also got my 4 other accounts reinstated when i called ebay support and they transfered me to T&S so they can reinstate my accounts.
Old 10-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

'That golden account' is now so tarnished, it should be put to rest.
Give $400 to ebay for NOTHING. That account has a much chance of getting restored as the Yankees winning the pennant.
Dealing with collections is very dependent on what info you have on that 'account once called golden but now tarnished'. Replies are sensitive. PM me if you like
Old 10-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan12909 View Post
yea if you owe them that much money i would not pay unless you had a letter that said you and ebay agrees if you pay they will reinstate your account with no black marks on it and also paypal also if you have been limited on that also. seems ebay is trying to get some older accounts that made them money back up and going as would be the case with my account being suspended for Seller non Performance but that was caused by a friend using my account. The account was reinstated after 18 months of being suspended from ebay and also got my 4 other accounts reinstated when i called ebay support and they transfered me to T&S so they can reinstate my accounts.

I would do anything to get that account back, you really think that would work?
Old 10-25-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

There is no such thing as a golden account. There are many former powersellers who can vouch for that.

Since your account has already been moved to the collections stage, you ain't getting it back.

Lately, PP has been outsourcing collections. When an account is sent OUT, by law, it cannot be returned from the outsource to the original holder. Which means ABC Hitmen INC can not give it back to PP and PP can't even ask them to. So it's gone.