paypal hold funds - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > eBay & PayPal International

eBay & PayPal International General discussions on eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited accounts for ALL other countries not mentioned above!

Old 10-23-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default paypal hold funds

I have a quick question, I'm a new seller and my action will close soon, Do PayPal will hold the payment for 21 days? Is there a way to avoid this?
I have a premier verified PayPal acount. The account is verified with VCC.
Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

They often apply a 21 day hold. It's mainly luck of the draw for items under $2. The higher the price, the more likely the hold. There is no longer a viable way to avoid it. Too many people abused the one method that worked well, so PP killed it within weeks. If there is any workaround, anybody would be a fool to talk about it now.

The type of PP account doesn't matter. The value of the item doesn't mean much. People have had a hold on 99 cent items. People have been clear on 450 dollar items.

Think you stand much chance of being the beneficiary of mercy? Read about 200 threads on here where n00bz have asked the same question. Read the answers. Expect a hold many times before 'they' (PP) trust you. Then expect a rolling reserve instead.
Old 10-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Default hi

Thanks , for the info, It seems I will have a hard time because I don't now, if I will be able to pay the shipping fees from my wallet. Can you tell me one more thing? What means Rolling Reserve? What is this method which worked well in the past?
Old 10-23-2009
Vicvelcro

If you don't currently have enough funds to pay for shipping, you will indeed have a hard time. If you can ship, be sure you include a tracking number. PP will release funds upon proof that item arrived at the destination. Thus, the 21 day hold rarely lasts a full 21 days.

Rolling reserve is a percentage of sell price that they keep in escrow against combined sales - to protect against loss to paypal if you flake off any of your future sales.

The method that worked well in the past is so old, so dead, and so buried that it doesn't even merit description.

Not trying to be a hard-@ss to you, but bluntly honest: don't try to find any advantage to cling to. This year is the most hostile year I have seen for newcomers and this is the worst time of year every year. Combine this season with this year and you can and should expect difficulty. If you are serious about doing business, tough it out. But I wouldn't be doing you any favors by telling you puffy cushy softy stories about any chance that money will come easy.

I firmly believe that if people are honestly told what to expect and if those people view the information realistically, they don't develop any false expectations.

I'm not your pediatrician and this *IS* gonna hurt.
Old 10-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Question thanks for being sincere

I will have do deal with this holding funds politic, I hard but bearably. I have another concern now , please tell me , if a open an stealth US e-bay account and I link a France/Germany/etc. VCC verified PayPal account with the same name and address like the e-bay account ( to avoid bank account verification) I will get suspended once I start selling ? How severe is the suspension politic when it's comes to buying/selling 0.1 cents items for feedback, in other words feedback manipulation?

Last edited by spike00spiegel; 10-25-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 10-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

FFS, you are not even in the USA. Don't try to be funny with us. Your flag is where you live NOT where you DREAM of living.
Old 10-25-2009
Vicvelcro

Using a foreign PP account with a US ebay account raises concerns, for sure. There are solutions that don't require you to break every rule, if you can afford to invest some time.

Buying cheap feedback is tricky, but can still be done. Don't think about .01 items or ebooks. Think .99 or 1.50 and consider things that would make sense or be believable.

Please change the flag on your profile to show the flag where you live, not where your ebay login is supposed to be. To give reasonably accurate answers, your real location is more important than the location of the site you use. I'm sure that doesn't seem to make much sense to you, but trust me.
Old 10-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

The Op spike00spiegel has a IP address from Romania.

Sounds like a SCAMMER IN TRAINING to me.