Best way to sign-up for MP given three scenarios? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 07-18-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%
Default Best way to sign-up for MP given three scenarios?

In anticipation of the switch to MP I'm looking for the best way to go when the notice comes in.

Sold on eBay with legit info and got NARU'd 15 years ago after I sold a high value item and the buyer filed a PayPal INR after 2 days. PayPal temporarily limited the account, eBay followed. Resolved the issue on PayPal and eBay asked for id / bank / PoP docs which I gave them (all legit including ID), but, they refused to restore the account.

Started using another family member's account who has a different first name and address and have done so for 15 years, including buying and selling items using the same PayPal and name / address as the NARU'd eBay account. With the switch to MP there's a snag since the family member does not have a BA and getting one is unlikely to happen so these are my possible options:

Option 1: Register for MP using the legit NARU'd name and address, forcing the eBay account to be updated as well and hope the account isn't linked.

Option 2: Register for MP using the NARU'd name and family member's address (which I can verify with a matching bank statement) though the ID would still have the NARU'd address, if ever requested.

Option 3: Register for MP using the family members name and info and try to link with a bank account that doesn't have their name on.

Tax form implications aren't an issue as annual sales are below the form limits so reporting would be the same as it's handled now.

Which of those 3 option is likely to have the best chance of success?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enabomen For This Useful Post:
ak_am (10-14-2020), blondeconan (07-18-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2020

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 39%
Default Re: Best way to sign-up for MP given three scenarios?

I do not have the answer for you. However, 15 years is a hell of a long time. My guess is that records get purged after 5-10 years. IMHO retaining 15 years of data, just increases false warning flags, and does not benefit Ebay admin much. The cost / benefit would not be in favour of such retention.
The Following User Says Thank You to vidim For This Useful Post:
ak_am (10-14-2020)
Old 07-20-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by enabomen View Post
In anticipation of the switch to MP I'm looking for the best way to go when the notice comes in.

Sold on eBay with legit info and got NARU'd 15 years ago after I sold a high value item and the buyer filed a PayPal INR after 2 days. PayPal temporarily limited the account, eBay followed. Resolved the issue on PayPal and eBay asked for id / bank / PoP docs which I gave them (all legit including ID), but, they refused to restore the account.

Started using another family member's account who has a different first name and address and have done so for 15 years, including buying and selling items using the same PayPal and name / address as the NARU'd eBay account. With the switch to MP there's a snag since the family member does not have a BA and getting one is unlikely to happen so these are my possible options:

Option 1: Register for MP using the legit NARU'd name and address, forcing the eBay account to be updated as well and hope the account isn't linked.

Option 2: Register for MP using the NARU'd name and family member's address (which I can verify with a matching bank statement) though the ID would still have the NARU'd address, if ever requested.

Option 3: Register for MP using the family members name and info and try to link with a bank account that doesn't have their name on.

Tax form implications aren't an issue as annual sales are below the form limits so reporting would be the same as it's handled now.

Which of those 3 option is likely to have the best chance of success?

Do you and the family member have the same last name? If so, you might squeak by with only a first name change(I did). You can't use any prior address, email, phone ect, but a first/last name probably isn't enough on its own. Whatever info you put into the MP registration will change the info in your ebay registration. Hope that helps.
Old 07-20-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardonicus View Post
Do you and the family member have the same last name? If so, you might squeak by with only a first name change(I did). You can't use any prior address, email, phone ect, but a first/last name probably isn't enough on its own. Whatever info you put into the MP registration will change the info in your ebay registration. Hope that helps.
Yes, same last name so, for option 2, the only changes would be first name and gender if MP asks for that.

I'd be able to provide a (valid) bank statement / utility statement showing that alternate address, but, if they asked for an ID, that has the NARU'd address.
Old 07-20-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardonicus View Post
Whatever info you put into the MP registration will change the info in your ebay registration. Hope that helps.
Are you saying that the info used during MP replace the info ie first and last name etc used during registration of the ebay account during time of creation?

If you created the ebay account as Bob Smith but on MP you input Bill Smith does ebay registration info get changed automatically to Bill Smith? Thanks
Old 07-20-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by enabomen View Post
Thanks!

Yes, same last name so, for option 2, the only changes would be first name and gender if MP asks for that.

I'd be able to provide a (valid) bank statement / utility statement showing that alternate address, but, if they asked for an ID, that has the NARU'd address.
They didn't ask for a gender at MP registration or any kind of documents. They will ask for bank info or have you use a token to log into your account so that they can verify on the spot. If the name you're changing is female to male, that might be a red flag. I suppose you could always claim to be trans or that you self identify. They would probably leave you alone. But if they do ask for an id(they don't at MP registration), I wouldn't use the NARU address. I would change/update your id to your family member's addy so it matches everything else. You could always change it back later. Using a NARU just hands them something they could easily check against their database of suspended accounts, if they want to.
Old 07-20-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillCosby View Post
Are you saying that the info used during MP replace the info ie first and last name etc used during registration of the ebay account during time of creation?

If you created the ebay account as Bob Smith but on MP you input Bill Smith does ebay registration info get changed automatically to Bill Smith? Thanks
I don't know if its automatic or manually done or how quickly. I noticed it a day or two later. But yes, anything you put in MP registration will be used to update your ebay registration.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sardonicus For This Useful Post:
PillCosby (07-20-2020), pirate1122 (05-27-2021)