My unique product has been removed by ebay compeitior via vero - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Old 07-22-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Angry My unique product has been removed by ebay compeitior via vero

Hi all

Today My unique product has been removed by ebay compeitior via vero

They have said its a copywrite violotion / intellectual property rights violation!

However this product is 100% safe and legal in the UK and has been created solely for my company use for example this fully branded with my company and also designed especially by me.

So I won't to know what steps that I can contest this as its my competior falling this information resulting in my hard earned sales stats and listing to be removed.

I'm fuming about this any infomatuk and regarding the steps I need to take to get back my listing and also how to tackle this false vero claim I would be very grateful

Thanks and I look forward to your replys
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-22-2020

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%
Default Re: My unique product has been removed by ebay compeitior via vero

The only way for ebay to remove this strike is if this competitor of yours writes to them and tells them to remove it.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
adamwillow85 (07-23-2020)
Old 07-22-2020
Threadstarter  

Isn't there any way I can contest this or make it never happen if future to stop any future vero threats as I'm the ip owner I just don't have a vero account.

What process would you recommend I do to start the process to resolve this do you recommend? *
Old 07-23-2020
Threadstarter  

yes the ebay email states

Your listing was removed: VeRO Design Right Policy

We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our VeRO Design Right Policy. Infringing on a design right is not allowed

- Your listing was reported by "xxxxxx" for violating their design rights.  eBay’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) programme offers intellectual property owner(s) a way to report listings that they believe infringe on their rights 

- Offering a product that infringes on design rights is not allowed
- If you believe a mistake has been made, you will need to contact the rights owner directly. If the rights owner approves your appeal, please have them contact us directly to reinstate your listing(s)
You can send an email to: xxxxx

This is ridiculous as i am the designer of my unique and own company branded product, its a competitor abusing the vero system to take out the competition.

What do you think the best action next i should take?
Old 07-23-2020
Threadstarter  

Yes it's definitely been done by one of my competitors as he has done this before about 1 year ago.

I'll get my IP design registration with .gov and then provide this and all other documentation or product design files and proof of purchase and testing certification for my design/product and see how i get on then cheers, any further angles or information is much appreciated as competitors should not be abusing the vero system to wipe out their competition to benefit their own companies advantages its ridiculous, i've been established powerseller on ebay for 12 years now and i just think this is a joke.
Old 07-27-2020
Threadstarter  

ebay has now admitted fault on there behalf and reinstated my listing, however ive lost all sales history which is so frustrating

please can anyone give me advise as to if there's any legal options of which i can prevent this from happening again by my competitors?
Old 07-28-2020
Threadstarter  

This was the reply i got back from ebay vero team

Your listing was removed: VeRO Design Right Policy

Hello

Thank you for contacting eBay's Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program regarding the removal of the following listing at the request of a participating VeRO rights owner:

I have reviewed the action taken on your account and determined that it was taken in error. The listing has been reinstated and can be found in your Unsold items folder. Likewise, the associated violation has been removed from your account history.

Regarding your request that the selling history for the listing be reinstated, that is not something that can be done. I have, however, added a high-profile note to your account with instructions to review similar claims closely to prevent this from happening in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. And I appreciate your patience as we worked to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Lee W.
eBay VeRO Program
Old 07-28-2020

Longevity: 36%

Congrats on getting your listing back. What did you say to eBay to have them reverse their decision?

To be honest, the best thing you can do is buy something from your competitor you believe is doing this (to try and get their address), and hire a private investigator to make sure it's them doing this, then get in touch with a lawyer. A lot of work but unless someone has a better idea, the only other option I see is praying eBay doesn't screw you again.

With MP rolling out, I suspect certain kind of sellers getting kicked off of eBay eventually, unable to return. Should clean up the marketplace.
The Following User Says Thank You to prodigyace For This Useful Post:
adamwillow85 (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
Congrats on getting your listing back. What did you say to eBay to have them reverse their decision?

To be honest, the best thing you can do is buy something from your competitor you believe is doing this (to try and get their address), and hire a private investigator to make sure it's them doing this, then get in touch with a lawyer. A lot of work but unless someone has a better idea, the only other option I see is praying eBay doesn't screw you again.

With MP rolling out, I suspect certain kind of sellers getting kicked off of eBay eventually, unable to return. Should clean up the marketplace.

To be honest they just admitted it was removed due to an error (on there behalf of-course) however they havnet done anything to help me out regarding loss of sales, sales history and linked product reviews its very very frustrating.

Ebay needs to start protecting the long time reliable sellers and have something in place to prevent attacks by idiot competitors word of mouth it seems this tack tick has been used a lot not only to me a few times previously but to many other ebay sellers also.

And yes i plan to make a purchase for this sellers product from all of their ebay accounts and starting gathering this information, ebay and amazon competitors need to stop acting unlawfully and greedy and this wouldn't effect honest sellers like myself and also prevent me from having todo this research on them and their company now its ridiculous considering the amount of ebay fees pay each month shocking behaviour!
Old 07-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Has anybody had a listing removed and lost all of there hard earned product reviews?

If so i would like to hear from you guys and what experience you, ve been through and what the best method to getting these reviews linked back to you unique product ?
Old 07-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwillow85 View Post
Has anybody had a listing removed and lost all of there hard earned product reviews?

If so i would like to hear from you guys and what experience you, ve been through and what the best method to getting these reviews linked back to you unique product ?
I don't think you are going to find many on this forum who fit your criteria

A lot of people selling lookee-lickie stuff, copied software or dodgy digital but people with a unique product who have had the problems you have? Not in my lifetime

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
adamwillow85 (07-28-2020), agent006140 (07-30-2020), prodigyace (07-28-2020)