Unable to use my checking account to pay for shipping cost through Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-02-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Question Unable to use my checking account to pay for shipping cost through Paypal

I recently opened a new stealth Ebay and Paypal account. I have done this before without this particular problem so I am wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a red flag for this account. This is the problem- today when I tried to print my shipping label through the Paypal site for my first 3 Ebay sales a message came up telling me that certain payment methods were not available for me to use to pay my shipping costs, and that the only method that was available for me to use to pay for my shipping cost/labels is my debit/credit card. All 3 payments for the auctions are on hold since the account is new with 0 feedback so of course Paypal balance was not available to use for payment of shipping but why would Paypal disallow me to use my confirmed checking account to pay for shipping cost? Any feedback for my problem will be appreciated.
Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-02-2009

Longevity: 90%

You need to have instant transfer for that to work- there have been a few threads on this before so look up those requirements and try to go from there
Old 11-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

He does, and PayPal sometimes put a hold on it when you already have a large amount transferred that month. ADD a gift card with the appropriate funds and your good to go!
Old 11-02-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Paypal Shipping

I have added a gift card, my checking account has been confirmed. I am wondering why I am not allowed to withdraw from my checking account to pay for shipping cost.This has never happened to me before. Does anyone have any idea why Paypal is not allowing me to use my checking account to pay for postage? This is a new problem that I have never seen before or experienced before. This is a new stealth account and this is the first transaction ever on this account to pay for postage on first 3 sales on Ebay. So being over the limit is not the problem since I have never withdrawn anything from the account. The funds that are in the account are pending, Paypal will not release them yet.
This is the reason for Paypal not allowing me to use my checking account copied from my Paypal account when I tried to pay for postage.

"Funding Options

Some payment methods are not available for this transaction.

This payment can only be funded with credit card

PayPal is constantly working to protect our members against fraud. We review every transaction before it is approved, and we may block a payment when we detect a potential risk.

Our reviews take into account every aspect of a transaction, including looking at both parties. These decisions help us maintain the integrity of our payments network in the same way as other payment processors: by declining transactions with an unacceptable level of risk.

While our fraud measures occasionally block a legitimate payment, to maintain overall security, we cannot overturn any decisions about an individual transaction.

If you decide to continue this transaction using a different funding source, please note that the associated risk levels have not been decreased."

This has to be a new roadblock by Paypal, has anyone else seen this? As I said this is a first for me, not to be allowed to use a confirmed checking account to pay for my postage. What next?

Thanks so much for your help,
Bailey

Last edited by ebailey114; 11-02-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2009

Longevity: 88%

its something that happens all the time... jsut like an instant transfer payment... You have to use another method. There is nothing Paypal (SO THEY SAY) can or will do about it .. they say its the computer and they cant fix it if it wont allow payment or if its grayed out
The Following User Says Thank You to ILovePaypalNOT For This Useful Post:
ebailey114 (11-03-2009)
Old 11-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

He has a capped Instant transfers limit like we all do. It doesn't matter how big or small the transaction is once you receive your limit its echeck time!
Old 11-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Thank You

Thank you for the information. I have several stealth accounts and that was a first for me, not being able to use my checking to pay for postage. I was hoping it was not a red flag already for that account. Sounds like it is something that happens all the time now to new accounts. Has anyone opened a new stealth account recently and not had that happen to them? I began using this particular account shortly after opening it, I did not wait 30 days.