Linking Paypal with eBay no longer works to make a Sellers account?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-01-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Linking Paypal with eBay no longer works to make a Sellers account??

I have a stealth eBay and Paypal account. I first verified my Paypal account with VCC and bank account. Then I went to eBay and linked the account to make a sellers account, but it did not work and is still asking for a VCC to make a sellers account and to make payments with.

So I did an eBay chat and asked the rep, and they said that linking will no longer work to make a sellers account.

Is there something I'm missing here?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-01-2009

Longevity: 83%

Hmm. Interesting. Where are you from? I'm from Finland and did all that last week and now I'm selling again..
Old 11-01-2009
Threadstarter  

I'm in the US...
Old 11-01-2009

Longevity: 91%

Caseywan, please put your flag up!
Old 11-01-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
Caseywan, please put your flag up!
Flag is up! sorry.
Old 11-01-2009

It is OK, .. Easier for people to give correct answers when they know where you are.. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2009
Threadstarter  

Anybody else ever have this problem??
Old 11-02-2009

Longevity: 95%

Nope i just tried it works fine i think it might be something ur selling maybe a high risk item or something.
Old 11-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
Nope i just tried it works fine i think it might be something ur selling maybe a high risk item or something.
No, I had not even tried to sell an item with the account, I was just setting it up and trying to make it a sellers account and linked it with my Paypal account to no avail, so I did the eBay chat where the rep told me it wouldn't work... Weird... maybe since I had just bought the account and changed the address on it and everything.
Old 11-03-2009

Longevity: 83%

Caseywan and greatgoods.2890, have you guys bought eBay Stealth? If not I would highly recommend it. If you have bought it, then do exactly as said in it. All new same stealth ID for eBay and PayPal with all new CC and bankaccounts. Then they should work correctly.

And greatgoods.2890, have you entered your stealth ID also when applying CC billing address? If not, then you have to do it again with new CC or VCC and always use same stealth ID in every application forms in PayPal or eBay account..
Old 11-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Ive had a similar problem this week with an account set up. It kept asking me to link Ebay and PayPal account before I could create a seller account. I did, and went through the seller account set up and billing agreement. Then, when I clicked list item- the same message came up- you must link ebay & PayPal account before creating seller account.
I gave up on it and tried again with another account but used the seller account link (instead of creating it as you list your first item for sale) and it worked fine.
Hopefully just a glitch
The Following User Says Thank You to boondoggle For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-04-2009)
Old 11-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fincustomer View Post
Caseywan and greatgoods.2890, have you guys bought eBay Stealth? If not I would highly recommend it. If you have bought it, then do exactly as said in it. All new same stealth ID for eBay and PayPal with all new CC and bankaccounts. Then they should work correctly.
Yes, I have eBay Stealth and have read it several times. I followed it to a T when registering this account and the Paypal account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
Ive had a similar problem this week with an account set up. It kept asking me to link Ebay and PayPal account before I could create a seller account. I did, and went through the seller account set up and billing agreement. Then, when I clicked list item- the same message came up- you must link ebay & PayPal account before creating seller account.I gave up on it and tried again with another account but used the seller account link (instead of creating it as you list your first item for sale) and it worked fine.
Hopefully just a glitch
The way I was trying to do it was with the seller account link, never tried it when listing my first item. Maybe it would have been opposite for, lol...
Old 11-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
Ive had a similar problem this week with an account set up. It kept asking me to link Ebay and PayPal account before I could create a seller account. I did, and went through the seller account set up and billing agreement. Then, when I clicked list item- the same message came up- you must link ebay & PayPal account before creating seller account.
I gave up on it and tried again with another account but used the seller account link (instead of creating it as you list your first item for sale) and it worked fine.
Hopefully just a glitch
yes, just list an item, and it will stop you before it confirms listing and takes you through the stages that you may have missed, its actually quite an easy way of doing it...