Anyone used their real info linked to a banned account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 07-16-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Anyone used their real info linked to a banned account?

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has signed up to MP using their real info that is related to an old disabled account.
Will they link and ban you?
Any experience or feedback is much appreciated!

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-20-2020

Longevity: 22%
Default Re: Anyone used their real info linked to a banned account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor5848 View Post
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has signed up to MP using their real info that is related to an old disabled account.
Will they link and ban you?
Any experience or feedback is much appreciated!

Thank you
I have. My real name is on the account, but everything else is new and legit. I opened the account several years ago and have not had any issues beyond the usual hoops when you first open an account and start selling. I was required to sign up for MP and have transitioned over with no problems. The only way they could link an old account to a new account would be to use the public info system they used to verify your identity. I don't think a name would be enough and if everything else is new, then they need to find old info from public records that matches info on a suspended account. A computer program could do that, but I don't know if they are set up for that or would put their resources into such a fishing expedition.
Old 08-16-2020

Longevity: 25%

I have a stealth account and was fearful of the Jult deadline. I decided there was no way around this so I gave them my information and held on. E bay has never had my social security number and that was the only hope I had. I gave them that number. I changed my birthdate but gave them my real name and address. I received a notice that my information did not match. So then I gave them my real birthdate. Then I heard nothing for two weeks. Then I received a message that my account would start the the 15th of August. It did without a hitch. I receive a payment everyday without any other questions.
Old 08-16-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead56 View Post
I have a stealth account and was fearful of the Jult deadline. I decided there was no way around this so I gave them my information and held on. E bay has never had my social security number and that was the only hope I had. I gave them that number. I changed my birthdate but gave them my real name and address. I received a notice that my information did not match. So then I gave them my real birthdate. Then I heard nothing for two weeks. Then I received a message that my account would start the the 15th of August. It did without a hitch. I receive a payment everyday without any other questions.
It's only a guess, but I think MP (which is not Adyen...it is Ebay using Adyen's system) is a small and isolated department within eBay that has minimal staff. Their primary purpose, IMO, is to get sellers transitioned over to MP. They are probably not equipped or capable of doing account matching with suspended users. A lot of the stuff you and many of us have done would have surely raised red flags if done to our regular eBay account info. But because it's being middle manned by MP, it's flying under eBay's red flags. It's only a guess. MP may be a blessing in disguise for many who want to go from stealth to legit info.
Old 08-16-2020

Longevity: 29%

I'd like to know if anyone has switched two or more stealth accounts to MP using real name, birthday and SSN (required for signup) and had the multiple accounts switched over successfully.
...of course each account using different information like addresses, phone numbers, bank accounts etc and different IPs (all the same info currently on the stealths).
Would the underlying personal info Adyen uses for identity checks link all of the accounts?
Would Adyen permit a handful (or more) accounts running with the same SSN, name, DOB, yet everything else different?
Old 08-18-2020

Longevity: 26%

I am slightly confused lets say account name and info is Joe smith but I need to enter my real bank account info and my real name is Frank White. Do I just enter the correct info on MP or do I go in and change all the info on ebays side first?

I have 3 stealth accounts I bought from friends that are real but they wont let me put bank account and ssn info etc I am sure dont even want to ask.

So can I just use my name and bank account info

Can someone please give me the info on a step by step basis please.
Old 08-18-2020

Longevity: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead56 View Post
Steelhead56 was your personal info the same on your stealth account or did you have to change it or did managed payments change it?