Account placed on limited status - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-03-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Account placed on limited status

I was a relatively new EBay seller, but had been a member for almost 15 years. I thought I'd try selling a few things around the house and make a few extra dollars. It went so well I decided to take it to another level and sell through dropshippers. In this period of time I achieved a 12 seller rating. The first hint there was something wrong with the way EBay does business is when they removed one of my items claiming trademark infringment. They wouldn't provide proof that there actually was an infringement.

It appears to me that EBay doesn't care about the small seller, only their power seller's. It appears to me that if EBay all of sudden started losing a lot of those seller's they couldn't stay in business very long. Now I actually enjoyed selling on EBay I simply don't like their Gestapo tactics. Here is a complaint I filed with them and their response.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to send in the documents we requested. We've reviewed the documentation you have sent in and have decided thatyour eBay account will remain limited. Although you cannot sell on the site, you are still able to use the account for buying activity. Our decision is based on evidence from our records as well as any additionalinformation you've provided. Due to eBay policy, we cannot provide you with more specific information. Without further information or documentation, future emails will not be responded to. Thank you for your time. Regards, JeffeBay Trust & Safety Form Message: %42223% 090405D_ID103020092200D_ID/W_ID183514516W_ID/S_ID000S_IDSubject: CW=C36008 Your question about why your listing was removed isn?t shown [#US 100771T ?01 ] User Feedback: 11 User State: ?01 Browser info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS) Selling and Managing Your Item > My listing was removed by eBay > Your question about why your listing was removed isn?t shown Message: My account was placed on limited status after a request for invoices for some of the merchandise I sold on EBay. I just learned from Customer Support you limited my account because I had a Trademark violation and sold unauthorized products. This was never mentioned whenI asked for an explantion. (See Attached) Hello, Thank you for taking the time to send in the documentswe requested. We've reviewed the documentation you have sent in and havedecided thatyour eBay account will remain limited. Although you cannot sell on the site, you are still able to use the account for buying activity. Our decision is based on evidence from our records as well as any additionalinformation you've provided. Due to eBay policy, we cannotprovide you with more specific information. Thank you for your time. Regards, JeffeBay Trust & Safety Based on the new information I received from Customer Support this evening this makes me appear to be nothing more than a common criminal in the eyes of Ebay. Afterall, when I asked for an explanation you clearly stated it was against company policy to discuss the reason. Nowdue to my complaint about the matter you have reached into the file to find justification for your position, but in violation of my due processright to even defend myself. I did not knowingly commit a Trademark violation and when you brought it to my attention the item was immediately removed from the storefront and from my inventory. It wouldnot have been good business for me to continue to sell an item that on the surface appeared to violate Trademark policy. What way do I even have of knowing that this claim was even valid? Secondly, what unauthorized items did I sell and why did you not bring it to my attention that I was selling unauthorized items? It appears things weregoing well until I listed the ChinaVasion products in my store and had received a couple of attempts by scammers to purchase the products.Are ChinaVasion products not allowed to be sold on EBay? I haven't discussed this issue with them, but it appears now it needs to be addressed. In reading EBay policy's and procedures I'm aware that everything must be handled in accordance with California Statutes and Laws and I'm okay with that as long as I've been treated fairly. Unfortunatley that is not the case and I hope for a peaceful resolution to this matter.

One things for sure. I'm not in the minority here when it comes to unfair treatment by EBay. This is a case of a company who has been enormously successful and now has gotten too big for it's britches. I'm trying to approach this problem diplomatically and reach a peaceful resolution and have my selling priviledges restored, but based on what I'm reading in these forums that's not going to happen. Fortunately in life there's always someone who will eventually come along and put a dent in their market share. Maybe then they'll humble themselves and respect everyone and not just their chosen ones.

Last edited by TGMT²; 11-03-2009 at 09:13 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

I didnt read it all but read parts. Yeah its all about the powerseller or people with bigger feedbacks now. They made it worse now
Old 11-07-2009

Longevity: 85%

thats a long post... didn't bother reading after i see the infringement pwnage...
Ebay does care - thats correct
Vero pwnz you - they don't need a reason because they claim that it is their product even though you purchased it from walmart. However, there was a doctrine that allows you to claim your resell rights, forgot what it was called... but don't even bother... it is not worth the time... just stop selling the item that you are vero'ed on and move on bro,