Ebay - Soft Suspension ! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-31-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Ebay - Soft Suspension !

Hi Everybody,

2 Weeks ago, I got a weird notice when I logged into my Legit Ebay Acct.. It was not specific, it just said eBay (Trust and Safety) was checking something in my account, and to pardon the inconvenience. While they clear it up.

The account is less than 1 month old (3-1/2 weeks).

The message said for me to follow the outlined steps, in my Ebay acct. There were no steps to follow. So I shrugged it all off.

3 days ago I tried to list more items, and it did not allow me to list. I wrote and called Ebay.

I was told by the eBay rep, on the phone that my account had what he described as a Soft Suspension, then he rephrased it as a Soft Restriction.

He said it applied to new sellers and they needed me, to send them some proof, of who I was and my business.

I went for it and sent my legit personal and business Docs. They sent me a email 1 day later, and said all is well.

I listed more items with no problem, 4 hours later.....

I log into that account yesterday, and now they say I need a telephone verification. I called the eBay verification number and spoke to a rep., that said he had to ask me a couple of account verification questions.

Bottom Line is; The questions he asked me, were questions that only, someone privy to my credit report, would know.

I denied most, because I did not want them to link me to a old acct..

At the end of the interrogation, which consisted of 3-4 questions, she said all was well.

Is this crap normal? You can get High Security Clearance Jobs, with less B.S..

I don't have a good feeling about this at all. Anybody else have to deal with this ? I would hate to loose this Legit Acct..

Something tells me that I really may have Screwed Up, big time.

Birti
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Been happening to different users for about the last 11 weeks. First request is broadly confirm your ID & then should there be contact with ebay, 5 questions get asked: more or less yes/no answers work. Certainlt users here have had your problem but resolved it & are not suspended.

btw, was their an actual notice from T&S? Any chance of a screenshot?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...-identity.html <---> Birti this is an outline of what may well be similar to your stuff.
birti (10-31-2009)
Old 10-31-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi GreenBean,

Check your PM !

Having a eBay account is becoming a real luxury, it seems.

Birti
Old 10-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^Keep smiling,Birti! pm answered
Old 11-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Here's a update to this post:

Ebay is really under handed. Paypal informed me 3 days ago that my Legit Paypal account was limited permanently.

When I asked why, over the phone, I was transferred back and fourth between 3-4 people until finally the last person said that; I had too many listings on eBay.

The week before, I spent 4 days uploading DOCS, to get my Legit PayPal account unlimited, 2 days later did the same for the Legit eBay account.

I waited a few days to post this because I really needed to let most of the steam, dissipate.

I didn't want my worst feelings, as to how ebay and paypal treats people splattered onto this forum unchecked.

Also, eBay did a credit check on me, I am sure of this by the answers I had to give to get the so called Ebay - Soft Suspension lifted.

So eBay lifted the so called soft restriction and pinged Paypal to take down my account.

I should of had the Stealth Book in hand before setting up the Legit account. After reading it , I realized so many mistakes.

P.S.

Do not give those SOB s, your personal information. It aint worth it.

Birti
Old 11-05-2009

Longevity: 84%

Oy!!! When I was starting my own version of STEALTH accounts with my friends names prior to finding this site, the SAME THING HAPPENED. All the info was sent and the same calls with absurd questions....which could ONLY come from a credit report. Luckily my friend was able to answer them (they even asked about an address she lived at 12 years ago). However, shortly after that, the account was indefinately and permanantly suspended because they said they had "proof" that we were "financially" connected (impossible except that they probably connected the ip log ins to the online bank from this computer and to my personal account from this computer.)

The bottom line is that they are looking for something else, they have something else and you should try and figure out what it is. It's my opinion that they are amassing a "file" by these incessant requests for information etc so that they can have an Ebay CSI type profile on you to make sure you NEVER start another account because they will have all your skeletons and footprints that YOU PROVIDED to them etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birti View Post
Hi Everybody,

2 Weeks ago, I got a weird notice when I logged into my Legit Ebay Acct.. It was not specific, it just said eBay (Trust and Safety) was checking something in my account, and to pardon the inconvenience. While they clear it up.

The account is less than 1 month old (3-1/2 weeks).

The message said for me to follow the outlined steps, in my Ebay acct. There were no steps to follow. So I shrugged it all off.

3 days ago I tried to list more items, and it did not allow me to list. I wrote and called Ebay.

I was told by the eBay rep, on the phone that my account had what he described as a Soft Suspension, then he rephrased it as a Soft Restriction.

He said it applied to new sellers and they needed me, to send them some proof, of who I was and my business.

I went for it and sent my legit personal and business Docs. They sent me a email 1 day later, and said all is well.

I listed more items with no problem, 4 hours later.....

I log into that account yesterday, and now they say I need a telephone verification. I called the eBay verification number and spoke to a rep., that said he had to ask me a couple of account verification questions.

Bottom Line is; The questions he asked me, were questions that only, someone privy to my credit report, would know.

I denied most, because I did not want them to link me to a old acct..

At the end of the interrogation, which consisted of 3-4 questions, she said all was well.

Is this crap normal? You can get High Security Clearance Jobs, with less B.S..

I don't have a good feeling about this at all. Anybody else have to deal with this ? I would hate to loose this Legit Acct..

Something tells me that I really may have Screwed Up, big time.

Birti
The Following User Says Thank You to onceuponatime For This Useful Post:
birti (11-05-2009)
Old 11-05-2009

Longevity: 84%

Do not give those SOB s, your personal information. It aint worth it.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Yeah,
The tried to connect me to a 15 year old address and I thought I played it off pretty good, by saying I lived 3,000 mile away in a different city.

They knew more about me, than I knew. Scary stuff.

When eBay starts selling personal information, I am sure they will ruin some more lives and businesses.

Birti