Bad ebayers and scammers blacklist - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-28-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Default Bad ebayers and scammers blacklist

Well as i'm sure you're all aware Ebay is awash with scammers. Ebay and paypal don't really disclose much info so sellers can do their own further checks.

Leaving sellers in the lurch.

Well i've started recording all the scammers addresses.

I sell branded electricals up to £300 - a scammer dream. I've lost count of the number of orders i've asked ebay or paypal to look further into - as i already know they are a scammer - only to be told just send it to the address. They really don't care.

So a blacklist would be a good idea. Now i know data protection etc limits just how much. So posting just a post code so people can check and then if they find a match they can look further for clues.

BT5 7LA - A bloke in this post code ordered an alarm system in September 2019. First it never arrived - then when tracking was added it was delivered to a neighbour but the box was empty except for a single cable - claiming he was the own of an alarm company that is registered in England, not NI. No mention of him in company house and other checks. So i called the real company - never heard of him. Obviously this alerted me. He then returned an empty box and ebay refunded him from their pocket. I left feedback stating his scam. Just recently another ebayer emailed me asking about what happened as he'd just fell victim to this guy over a £500 scooter - claiming the guy sent him an old tatty kids scooter instead of the electrical one he ordered. Looking through his feedback several people have fell victim to the same scam - yet ebay let him continue.

AB11 8HX - the AB post code is a hot bed for a scammer/team of scammers. They have placed over 30 orders with my accounts to various post codes around AB area in the last 2 years - often stupid enough to try and order from 3 accounts to the same address(big red flag - always do further checks on AB now - usually flats/apartments). The way they operate - they use hacked paypal/ebay accounts usually US accounts to purchase to their "drop address." From all their efforts i've only actually sent anything once - and it was returned before it got to them so they're not very good at their job. Their decline rate is shocking surely a job in Mcdonalds would be less effort.
I have no idea why they can get a decline on 1 - 2 -3 accounts to an address then the next account they get an order through to that address and neither ebay or paypal pick up on it. even when told.

AB15 8ES - This is another post code linked to the person/persons above and has been used this week August 2020 - so keep an eye out for this postcode. I've now started mailing them presents but not the nice things they ordered

LE3 5JH - This is the first time an LE postcode has targeted me but thanks to Mr/Miss AB postcode stood out like a sore thumb. They have been using the same method. This guy failed 3 orders from 2 of my accounts then got an order successful. Later that day the account holder emailed explaining hes from the USA and was only alerted by his bank - not PP or Ebay and the scammer had ordered successfully 3 x £200 items. Of course i already knew and had already sent this scammer a nice present which should arrive today lol The account holder told me 1 of the other successful orders had already dispatched and because of the account holder the other was cancelled. This guy used both US and Israeli accounts to try his luck.

Now the reason i'm only posting postcodes is
1) data protection nonsense.
2) They are likely using for sale/ rent empty properties that aren't theirs or paying people to use their address
3) possibly they have a delivery guy on their team (but i don't think this is the case with this 2 sets of numptys)
4) No point posting the names as they just use the account holders name, only changing the address

Be aware that there are other addresses in these post codes and they should only be used to dig a little deeper and look for other telltale signs. Not everyone in these post codes are scammers

ADMIN i understand if you remove this, but its a great help to sellers to be alert. If you want to add some rules and structure to this thread to keep it alive that would be brilliant.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to paulfoltyn For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (08-28-2020), james_112233 (08-29-2020), Redox103 (09-26-2020), tnt4ever (09-16-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%
Default Re: Bad ebayers and scammers blacklist

The best thing you can do is your research on your buyers and watch for trends when accepting orders.
Old 08-28-2020

Longevity: 57%

Sadly whole lot more scammers in uk than in usa. Way more.
Old 08-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufus View Post
Would have thought USA was just as fruitful target.

Feel free to add scammers to this and i'll amend the original post with the details!
Old 08-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufus View Post
Depends on the niche though as well - lot of scammers in the USA do exist
Old 08-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 65%

Scammers everywhere I'm afraid. I am fed up of the zero feedback buyers from abroad offering me the full price on a best offer with a message to whatsapp them first. Instant decline and add to block list.
The Following User Says Thank You to LOMBOK For This Useful Post:
es124 (09-04-2020)
Old 08-29-2020

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

Scammers are everywhere, a list is useless and will only get YOU in trouble if you publish too much information so be careful. Just a postcode is fine I guess.

It's the risk of trading online. Been told this by an ebay advisor. And I have to admit it, I have been scammed but on small amounts that I factor in to my business plan anyway. But it will definitely hurt big time if you are an electronics seller, I can imagine.
Old 09-03-2020

Longevity: 77%

Do you check whether the buyer has a confirmed paypal address first? Maybe try selling on Amazon
Old 09-04-2020

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Scammers are everywhere, a list is useless and will only get YOU in trouble if you publish too much information so be careful. Just a postcode is fine I guess.

It's the risk of trading online. Been told this by an ebay advisor. And I have to admit it, I have been scammed but on small amounts that I factor in to my business plan anyway. But it will definitely hurt big time if you are an electronics seller, I can imagine.
Didn't he already acknowledge that in his opening post, specifically "1) data protection nonsense."?
Old 09-04-2020

Longevity: 21%

I don't see how an anonymous ID on a forum such as this is going to get anyone into trouble. Nobody is ever going to try and locate the poster even if they posted all their buyers details.

These lists have been around for decades. IMO they are absolutely pointless.
Old 09-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon263 View Post
I don't see how an anonymous ID on a forum such as this is going to get anyone into trouble. Nobody is ever going to try and locate the poster even if they posted all their buyers details.

These lists have been around for decades. IMO they are absolutely pointless.
Decade old info is severely out of date - true, somewhat pointless
Old 09-04-2020

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBOK View Post
Scammers everywhere I'm afraid. I am fed up of the zero feedback buyers from abroad offering me the full price on a best offer with a message to whatsapp them first. Instant decline and add to block list.
i hate scammers too
sending paypal email :@
Old 09-16-2020

Longevity: 37%
Send a message via Skype™ to tnt4ever

Hi

I have this scumbag ordered from my store twice but I cancelled it

AB15 8ES

This seems to be an active account
Then later on claiming oh it’s my account from Switzerland it was hacked ...! Careful guys these are active scammers
Old 09-16-2020

Longevity: 20%

actually there are too many scammers and it's kinda disappointing
Old 09-25-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt4ever View Post
Hi

I have this scumbag ordered from my store twice but I cancelled it

AB15 8ES

This seems to be an active account
Then later on claiming oh it’s my account from Switzerland it was hacked ...! Careful guys these are active scammers
The account will be have been hacked the person later messaging you will be the actual owner once they realised what happened. Hacked pp/ebay accounts cost a couple of dollars. It will be the same person/people that have been targeting me. Funnily enough they've stopped ordering since i started sending them "surprises" lol Be careful all around AB postcode and do double checks - if its flats/apartments be extra vigilant. What have they tried to order from you? PM if you don't want to put it on open forum
Old 09-25-2020

Longevity: 21%

What 'surprises' have you mailed them to achieve this?
Old 09-26-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon263 View Post
What 'surprises' have you mailed them to achieve this?
Use your imagination
Old 09-26-2020

Oh S-H-I-T..! I totally missed it 😂
The Following User Says Thank You to tnt4ever For This Useful Post:
paulfoltyn (10-16-2020)
Old 10-16-2020
Threadstarter  

The Scottish scammer of Aberdeenshire is using a new address

AB24 2BD << they're mistyping this postcode and putting the address for AB42 2BD

The first post code isn't an actual post code so they counting on courier thinking its a typo and taking it to their new drop address.

either that or they're just thick. Which is rather possible and they keep wasting their accounts trying to scam me and getting dirty presents instead of their order lol
Old 10-21-2020

they keep coming so not to mention