ASIN and invoice nonsense - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-29-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%
Default ASIN and invoice nonsense

I don’t think it’s the seller having to sell inauthentic items. 10 sellers could sell the same items with just a few cents short, but a new seller could be asked for Invoices.. I think it’s the pricing and shipping courier being used. If an item goes for $50 on the retail market, and sells for $48.99 on amazon and as a new seller, you’re forced to sell (lowest price) or willingly choose to sell it for $30 or 20 or 15, etc etc including shipping, then amazon assumes it’s inauthentic and thus will remove your listening and ask for invoices so you prove to them where you source your inventory from.

It’s a trick if you ask me. Amazon will give you the option to choose “lowest price” so you can sell more than any other seller on the platform including themselves, and will be the same to remove your listening because they’re too cheap.

If this is not the case, then it’s to do with the shipping service being used. If the shipping cost of an item with usps is $4.99 and you sell a new one for let’s say $9.99 whereas the actual price of the said item is $23, then you run at a lost by any means and you don’t care about losses, but want a quick feedback to to prove you’re a good seller or some sort.

Also it could be that you’re competing with big sellers on the platform if you make any cents In profits. If a seller sold over 50,000 pieces of an item for $6 including shipping and you as a new seller is doing the same, then it means you’re somehow competing with him/her for the ( cent profits). This seller could be amazon itself or an individual, hence they kick you out of the market place.

If this is also not the case, then It’s amazon intentionally kicking you out so they can have access to your distributor or sourcing company so they can also deal with them directly for cheaper items.

I’ve never been hit with ASIN/invoice requests in the past unless the product is listed as used and being sold Or is used and being sold as new. All new accounts can sell almost anything g new without having to provide invoices.

It may also be the way the shealth accounts are being created. There’s something wrong and I’ll find out soon enough
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: ASIN and invoice nonsense

AMZN is liable for third party seller sales,so it has to make sure you and what you sell are legit.
Old 08-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Okay.. still trying figure how to avoid ASIN request
Old 08-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%

This is taken from a section of our instructional PDF that comes with shops, may be helpful:

3 possibilities and even if you ran the shop perfectly you can still run into it - its product-specific

1. If you list branded, exclusive or general high risk goods on a shop with little to no history, you'll get invoice requests. Solution build history with low risk products

2. If you list a non-risk product, but have a competitor in the same listing that reports your products, you'll get invoice requests. Solution, list products that have 5-10+ other sellers as they are less likely going to report listings.

3. If you list a product that has an aggressive IP team, they will request invoices. No real solution other than making notes of what items cause issues.

Usually the invoice request happens within 24 hours of listing the item, so check the time of the email and check the products listed within 24 hours of that email and whatever products listed within those 24 hours is likely the one that triggered it. Once you try to figure out which items caused it, try avoid that listing it in the future.
Old 08-30-2020
Threadstarter  

What is an aggressive IP team?
Old 08-31-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfarmer View Post
What is an aggressive IP team?
Okay I know what this is now.
Old 09-01-2020

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
This is taken from a section of our instructional PDF that comes with shops, may be helpful:

3 possibilities and even if you ran the shop perfectly you can still run into it - its product-specific

1. If you list branded, exclusive or general high risk goods on a shop with little to no history, you'll get invoice requests. Solution build history with low risk products

2. If you list a non-risk product, but have a competitor in the same listing that reports your products, you'll get invoice requests. Solution, list products that have 5-10+ other sellers as they are less likely going to report listings.

3. If you list a product that has an aggressive IP team, they will request invoices. No real solution other than making notes of what items cause issues.

Usually the invoice request happens within 24 hours of listing the item, so check the time of the email and check the products listed within 24 hours of that email and whatever products listed within those 24 hours is likely the one that triggered it. Once you try to figure out which items caused it, try avoid that listing it in the future.
Regarding to first point: how long would it be give or take to build history?
Old 09-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by modzo View Post
Its product specific only you would know how much history is required so the products you sell don't trigger invoice requests

The more history the better obviously but no one knows the minimums
Old 09-03-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by modzo View Post
In my many years of selling on amazon, it’s been lesson after lesson esp what can trigger such an issue. If you can create multiple accounts then you stand a better chance of knowing several loopholes. But in the case of buying an acc which is very expensive, including paying people huge sums for Invoices after you get suspended, you only hope for the best that you’re allowed to sell so you can recover your lost funds. If that doesn’t happen, then it’s bad. But trust me, amazon is on a scheme. I know this.
Old 09-03-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

It's just that their customer service is truly incompetent.
Old 09-06-2020
Threadstarter  

It’s been 3 weeks now, paid Josh £399 and nothing seems to work plus he take almost 3 days sometimes before replying my texts.

Last edited by SaiJin; 09-07-2020 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-07-2020

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Who can actually help me get an invoice? It’s been 3 weeks now, paid Josh £399 and nothing seems to work plus he take almost 3 days sometimes before replying my texts.
Same here. Paid Josh. Now waiting on reply from Amazon
Old 09-07-2020
Super Moderator

Amazon is taking a long time to reply to appeals right now. They had a big sweep last month and TONS of accounts got suspended
Old 09-07-2020

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via Skype™ to HelpNeeded!

We manufacture our own products, and got accused of selling inauthentic items of our own brand and got suspended. Go figure. Sent them about 25 pages of docs to show we are the brand owner and all we get are the generic "We need more information from you" emails. I'm done with Amazon. We did very well there with 7 figures annually but its not worth the stress. I can't control what they are going to do and I refuse to let someone else potentially destroy my company and cash flow for no reason.
Old 09-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpNeeded! View Post
We manufacture our own products, and got accused of selling inauthentic items of our own brand and got suspended. Go figure. Sent them about 25 pages of docs to show we are the brand owner and all we get are the generic "We need more information from you" emails. I'm done with Amazon. We did very well there with 7 figures annually but its not worth the stress. I can't control what they are going to do and I refuse to let someone else potentially destroy my company and cash flow for no reason.
Just two things I need now. Searching into how to drive traffic into a store and how to get a merchant without hustle. It’s all amazon got. Traffic.
Old 09-08-2020

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via Skype™ to HelpNeeded!

Quote:
Just two things I need now. Searching into how to drive traffic into a store and how to get a merchant without hustle. It’s all amazon got. Traffic.
This was my dilemma for several years. Take the time to learn digital marketing, SEO, ect. Its a lot of work so you'll need to hire a few people to help out.

EDIT: If you want me to elaborate further PM me or Skype me and I'll gladly help. Been doing eBay since 1999. And Amazon when they had Z shops. I know the ropes lol.

I used to lean on Amazon as a crutch as I'd do ~$2MM a year on Amazon and chump change on other platforms. Now its the other way around. I don't even bother with Amazon anymore.

Last edited by HelpNeeded!; 09-08-2020 at 04:12 AM.
Old 09-15-2020

Longevity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpNeeded! View Post
This was my dilemma for several years. Take the time to learn digital marketing, SEO, ect. Its a lot of work so you'll need to hire a few people to help out.

EDIT: If you want me to elaborate further PM me or Skype me and I'll gladly help. Been doing eBay since 1999. And Amazon when they had Z shops. I know the ropes lol.

I used to lean on Amazon as a crutch as I'd do ~$2MM a year on Amazon and chump change on other platforms. Now its the other way around. I don't even bother with Amazon anymore.

Looking to set up a business running 20-30 amazon accounts for clients in the US with there own names/business on each account. Thinking about a browser style VPN system or something?

Last edited by SaiJin; 09-15-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2020
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidodem View Post
Looking to set up a business running 20-30 amazon accounts for clients in the US with there own names/business on each account. Thinking about a browser style VPN system or something?
Check this link:

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...-profiles.html
Old 09-16-2020

Longevity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Thanks this might work for me!!