Ip address tracker... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-19-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Ip address tracker...

a sample of what ebay uses to track IP address this is damn good pin points you down to city and area. Also you can check others peoples IP address from this forum also using a program in your sig :D
What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

Last edited by aspkin; 03-02-2018 at 02:25 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2007

Longevity: 96%

I just clicked the link, does that mean you just nailed me :D
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

UNLESS, you know someone body that has a degree in Computer Technology (such as me) or know somebody thats works in the Technical Phone Support department of the Cable/Internet company. Such as Comcast, Roadrunner and more.....

oh and,

that has family that does private investigation or a police officer in the family..

I use to work for an Internet company similiar to earthlink but the company was fairly new. If you know someone that works in the field its not too hard.

Actually alot of Suppurt Techs from diffrent companies kind of network on this type of stuff
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

hahaha. if the avergae Joe Blow can get someone criminal history why cant a cop without leaving a paper trail??

I mean I have run peoples criminal history easily off the net. That type of info is public information where I live. I always do a crimnal background check each time a new neighbor moves next door to me. Its not hard to do.

Also you can order a background check off the internet too. I once ran someones license plate number and I got all the info on the person I needed. dating back 7 years. I even got his SSN# except for the last 4 digits. I did get his Driver license number.

There are retired cops who still have connects that start background checks comapnies on the web.

Give me some sort of info on you (even an old address) and you'll be suprised at what I can get or anyone could get .
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

(yeeeeeaahhhh) LIL Johns voice
Old 09-19-2007
Threadstarter  

all arguements aside here the point is that if you put in an city in your ebay account and the IP address track confirms its in the vincity your done for on ebay......only a supenoa that a person can get exactly where you live with IP address and what websites you visit.
Old 09-19-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 View Post
all arguements aside here the point is that if you put in an city in your ebay account and the IP address track confirms its in the vincity your done for on ebay......only a supenoa that a person can get exactly where you live with IP address and what websites you visit.
First of all I never put my city on the listing, unless you are buying from me it is none of your business to know.
Second, if ebay dumps you for possibly making a "mistake " when you type in the city then they are in the wrong.

Everyone has to be careful because no everything you look into is public record and you might cross the line into some privacy law breaking that will get you in some deep pooooooo.

Who really gives a crap where you are anyway?
Old 09-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
First of all I never put my city on the listing, unless you are buying from me it is none of your business to know.
Second, if ebay dumps you for possibly making a "mistake " when you type in the city then they are in the wrong.

Everyone has to be careful because no everything you look into is public record and you might cross the line into some privacy law breaking that will get you in some deep pooooooo.

Who really gives a crap where you are anyway?
sorry, but to sell ebay now requires you to put in a city...theres no way around my brother. they will require you to put it in....ebay does not give a crap where you are personally, but if your city matches an IP address your done for. Your router IP address can not be changed even though in theory we can do it, but we cant. you have call in your internet provider tell them to give you another one.
Old 09-19-2007

All it did for me is required a name be put in, I put a name, but it's not my city or my state.

Should I put ebay sucks in there?

Bet I wouldnt last long would I.
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Nope with my auction manager I can put whatever i want in where the city goes.
I always put in "Deals USA"
Old 09-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
All it did for me is required a name be put in, I put a name, but it's not my city or my state.

Should I put ebay sucks in there?

Bet I wouldnt last long would I.
This is for personal information correct? you need something to put in there and city well you have no choice to put something in there.
Old 09-20-2007

You mean no paypal that is linked I assume? If you don't link there shouldn't be an issue. Unless they've found a way to see everything on an unlinked account when paying.
Old 09-20-2007

In one word, yes.
Old 09-21-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I'm not sure what you are saying here but if you are saying that there is no way to create a new EBAY account in the same city where your suspended one was, then that is ridiculous.

Just change your IP address (and YES you CAN change your WAN unless you have a static address to claim otherwise is equally ridiculous)
IP Addressing, WAN & LAN
by turning your modem off for long enough, delete cookies, use a new credit card if asked for, new name, address, phone #, and you will be good to go.

Also, NO PayPal! that is their latest way to track you.
modee it depends on your provider who provides the internet. NO matter how long you turn off that modem it does not change its based on where you at such as house, area, etc..you can not change it. I turned off my modem for 2 days and guess what It poppped up the same IP address every single time. I called my comcast technical service the only way to get a new IP address is that they release the current one and give you another one which can take a day or so. If ebay catches that specific IP and your city together they ban you thats how the computer system is setup sorry to say you dont have to believe it thats what Im told. Granted you can change the Ip address from say computer to router, but that does not change the fact that the computer still has to send a signal out from router to modem to get internet thats where the IP address comes into play that specific modem. Having a router only helps within your own infracstructure setup so you dont get two copies of IP address if your running multiple computers such as I do, but once the computer reaches out to the modem (signal wise) it comes as one IP address. YOu try to release the IP address by IPCONFIG but if you have your own infrastructure that only releases it within your setup your still sending out the same IP address from the modem to the world.
Old 09-21-2007
Threadstarter  

BTW just a heads up Im testing out what my friend told me to do and so far its working he told me just put in another ⊗⊗⊗⊗ city with your same IP address the computer system wont ban you cause its confused. After I got banned a couple days ago I restarted it up I now have another ebay account Im selling again with the different address I remember as a kid growing up. My friend told me the computer is pretty quick it can ban you in 1 hour up to 4 hours. just FYI.......oh also my wireless card to router IP address is the same also.
Old 09-21-2007
Banned

Thats BS! I have Comcast internet and I have a so-called Static IP too, but you can change the Ip easily. and this is coming from a Computer Tech. I changed my IP with Comcast about 15 times since I had Comcast as ISP. All you have to do is a ipconfig and check when you Ip is set to release. About a day before it is to release turn your modem off and keep it of overnight or for about a whole day(i usually do a whole day) or just forgot it about it over the weekend, and when you power back on you 'll have a Fresh IP.

Also I have 2 Ips with comcast with my modem. One through the ethernet and another one through the USB

And what is up with this ⊗⊗⊗⊗ city stuff???? You are throwing salt to the the game.

There is no need for a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ city. Just use the city that your IP is located in which is the city your in.. This is absurd!
Old 09-21-2007

[QUOTE=Chris Hanson;11202]
I mean I have run peoples criminal history easily off the net. That type of info is public information where I live. I always do a crimnal background check each time a new neighbor moves next door to me. Its not hard to do.

Also you can order a background check off the internet too. I once ran someones license plate number and I got all the info on the person I needed. dating back 7 years. I even got his SSN# except for the last 4 digits. I did get his Driver license number.
[QUOTE]

Did you have to pay to run the plates, DL number, etc?
I know there are sites that will do checks, don't know how complete their results are.
Some states, like where I live will give you quite a bit for free. A problem with the site is they don't show Muni violations...i.e. someone slandered me and when I looked up their record a lot of the possession charges didn't show up because they were municipal violations. Sometimes charges are brought by the DA and others are bought by the village/municipal attorney. In the case of the latter there is no online search (where I live) to find these things.

I would like to know how you go about finding your info, would be useful to me in the future.
Old 09-21-2007
Banned

Yep, I did have to pay most of the time . If there are municipal charges, you can still get the arrest record for free and it should still show up. As a right as a citizen that info is public information and they cannot deny you info to any public criminal records..

there was this one site I used but I forgot the name, but they do reverse searches on cell phones and other numbers. I had a person stalking me by phone for awhile and come to find out the same person was using a payphone to call me. Wham bamm got you sucka. I did a covert operation and found out who it was and then had a friend give him a few sugar lumps then I called the police and the person was arrested and charge. I bet he's still wondering who and why the person served him some sugar lumps.

There is a site on the web that lists every payphone number and its location. Its pretty sweet. To bad I cant find it anymore.
Old 09-21-2007

Believe me there are ways to get around the system on both ends, whether you are the perp or the victim. Just like the EB and PP issues that we discuss here you have to know what you are doing and not rush things.

BTW, what the heck is a sugar lump? I'm almost afraid to ask:D
Old 09-21-2007

Hey Chris
I have RR and cannot get the IP to change at all, I did all those steps and remained the same.
My connection is thought my dekstop and then I use the laptop for ebay stuff.
Any suggestions on how I can get it to change?
Thanks
Old 09-21-2007
Banned

Modee:

You can get some court records for free online, but almost all of these simply indicate that there was a case. In most cities charges are not indicated online. To get more, you have to physically go to the court or mail them a check blindly for copies out of the file.

true for the most part

Those online services are notoriously inaccurate.
Not the ones I use

You cannot get someone's identity with just his or her license plate, short of hiring a private inspector or having some illegal hookup in the system.
yes you can. I did it. Its all about having connections. I only had a license plate number gave it to the website online and within about 3 days i had the person who life history which was very accurate. Even showed the homes the person has bought Now I dont know if the website was owned by a P.I. or police officer

As far as getting someone arrested for making harassing phone calls...I owned a BUSINESS where we were getting those, and the process to have anything done is lengthy. First you have to notify the police and phone company and have a trap put on the line. Then calls have to be documented, eventually recorded via warrant.
it can be lengthy, it all depends in what state or city you live in. I know a person who once had a police officer come about 20 minutes from the suburb to the inner city just to investigate a VHS tape that a person had left in his car. So it all depends on the city/state. if they dont have nothing else better to do they can be quick to arrest.

Just showing the cops a record of a bunch of calls to your cell phone or anyplace else is not enough for any kind of action. The calls could have been about anything.
Thats why you dont just show them a bunch of phone records, you show the cops that the person is breaking the law

Ebaysucks- What is an RR?
Old 09-22-2007

Federal court records are available for a smallish per search (if I remember correctly) fee at :
http://pacer.login.uscourts.gov/cgi-...court_id=00idx

What is PACER?
Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) is an electronic public access service that allows users to obtain case and docket information from Federal Appellate, District and Bankruptcy courts, and from the U.S. Party/Case Index.
----------------------------

This next site has per state info and links to each states online access to court and related records, if available...scroll down for the state by state info. I used CoCourts services recently, very thorough for criminal courts and only like $7 (ish) per search with immediate results.
--- VERY IMPORTANT to read the instructions on how the particulars of the site's search works, what to add or not in the query as it costs per search even if you assumed it was an obvious name inclusion, or abbreviation, etc...

A Quiet Revolution in the Courts: Electronic Access to State Court Records