eBay account gone in to verification mode - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-10-2020

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%
Default eBay account gone in to verification mode

Has anybody else experienced this ?

So when I try list a new item or revise existing listings my ebay account for the past 48 hours has been asking me to tell it what other ebay account I have associated with that account.

An actual question ...

There are also 3 other options available (call, get a callback, email) but they all lead back to that page asking me to tell ebay what other ebay account is associated with that account.

I typed in "none" twice and then on the third attempt I thought what the hell I have a lot of stealths already I deliberately typed in the name of an account that I use just for buying that contains the same address as this selling account but ebay refused it and said it isn't on record ! so there was no link despite the same address.

So what the hell is causing this ? I went on to ebay chat got through to trust & safety they said my account went in to verification mode and they manually over rided it and said it won't ever happen again. Problem fixed.

But what caused it ? I am stealthing the way I always have. Was it just a glitch ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-10-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Re: eBay account gone in to verification mode

Happened to me several times on one account and disappeared after while.
Old 10-11-2020

Longevity: 21%

Comfirm your account loop

Hi I had the same sort of problem trying to edit or listing if I try to edit or list an item it goes to comfirm your account it looks like you have signed in from another computer
Question was
what other ebay account I have associated with that account.
Whats the name or your first Car
options available are (call, get a callback, email) put in the 4 digit code we sent you
I go ahead with what they want and they send me the 4 digits sent to my email I put them in then it takes me back to my listing so I click submit the listing but bam it puts me back to the comfirm your account page again.
I had this problem for 3 months could not list anything 20 phone call and 40 reps later its fixed the only thing how long for.?
Old 10-11-2020

They told me it was a problem with signing in from different locations, different browsers, using a shared computer or browser, But who knows
Old 10-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uavmods View Post
They told me it was a problem with signing in from different locations, different browsers, using a shared computer or browser, But who knows
Cookie issue then. That explains it ...

I have been signing in from different locations (tethered ip) and using different browsers.
Old 10-22-2020

One of my account has gone into comfirm your account loop again its getting to be a pain in the ass this I which ebay would sort this **** out.
Old 10-22-2020

But one another account that had this problem is working again I think ebay are playing with me
What is the problem I am using the same tablet same browser nothing has changed but yet they say I have signed from from a different computer which is not true plus I never sign out of my account
Old 10-22-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I've had this problem now twice on the same account, after the VPN company did some changes to their datacenter. (at least, I assume that's what the issue is since nothing else has changed) I still have the same IP but apparently the routing is different now, which has caused my account to go into this "verification mode" twice.

I have no idea the answer to the secret questions. Luckily it's gone away after 2 days both times now. I just responded to messages from my gmail during the periods when I wasn't able to get into my account.
Old 10-22-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I've had this problem now twice on the same account, after the VPN company did some changes to their datacenter. (at least, I assume that's what the issue is since nothing else has changed) I still have the same IP but apparently the routing is different now, which has caused my account to go into this "verification mode" twice.

I have no idea the answer to the secret questions. Luckily it's gone away after 2 days both times now. I just responded to messages from my gmail during the periods when I wasn't able to get into my account.
Yea it's very strange ebay reps are not helpful they don't know why apart from login from different browsers and ip address and different computers but I done none of these things
I did change my Internet provider at the beginning of the year its one of those ones if power the router off and on again the IP address changes maybe that's the problem
Old 10-22-2020

I did respond to the email verification number put in but just takes me back to the same page please verify your account I can do this all day long its just stuck verification loop
Old 10-22-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I recommend you stop messing with it for a day or two. The more you screw around with it, the deeper you're probably going to get yourself into this verification loop.

Both times I've gone as far as entering the wrong answers to the security questions, attempting to get eBay to send me a security code. I failed both times, let the account sit for a while, and now I'm able to login just fine.
Old 10-23-2020

Another account has gone the same way verification mode ( please confirm your account by email) the thing is it seams there is no pattern to it on both accounts it works again after a few weeks or days then it will go back into verification mode again after day or so
Old 10-23-2020
Threadstarter  

It's the IP and Cookies that are triggering it. Same with the 2-step authentication on paypal. As soon as a IP triggers it I am asked to send a code to my number otherwise it logs in fine without asking this on a Static IP.
Old 10-23-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
It's the IP and Cookies that are triggering it. Same with the 2-step authentication on paypal. As soon as a IP triggers it I am asked to send a code to my number otherwise it logs in fine without asking this on a Static IP.
Is your account still working OK James?
My account was working for a few weeks then I went to review a listing and the dam confirm your account pop up again I am not changing anything the way I use the account same browser same IP address I can only think its something to to do with my Internet provider that's causing it since I changed to this provider on February I have had nothing but problems
Old 10-23-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Is your account still working OK James?
My account was working for a few weeks then I went to review a listing and the dam confirm your account pop up again I am not changing anything the way I use the account same browser same IP address I can only think its something to to do with my Internet provider that's causing it since I changed to this provider on February I have had nothing but problems
Accounts fine, no more verification requests.

About 2 weeks ago I had to constantly change the password on my paypal though and it wasn't letting me login unless I did.
Old 10-25-2020

Longevity: 64%

I would phone ebay, if you get through to Dublin youll be fine, india not so fine
Old 10-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Accounts fine, no more verification requests.

About 2 weeks ago I had to constantly change the password on my paypal though and it wasn't letting me login unless I did.
That's a good positive outcome - nice
Old 10-26-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaz View Post
I would phone ebay, if you get through to Dublin youll be fine, india not so fine
I have in contact with them and they can't fix it no knows how to they keep says there it's fixed now but when I try to list I cannot, same page comes up please ( confirm your account looks like it you sign in from another computer)
Old 10-26-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I have in contact with them and they can't fix it no knows how to they keep says there it's fixed now but when I try to list I cannot, same page comes up please ( confirm your account looks like it you sign in from another computer)
What's your IP source? What's your browser? Are you keeping cookies in place?
Old 10-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What's your IP source? What's your browser? Are you keeping cookies in place?
My IP provider is BT I am not using VPN I have been use Firefox yes I alway keep cookies in place.
But I have used 4 different browsers to get to work but its just same I have always used my android device for eBay and for listing just out of the blue 2 months ago I tried to revise an item and the screen confirm your account pops up (look like you have signed in from a different computer)
And I can get passed this even if I put in the code I get sent just goes back to the same screen can't list or revise.
And the ebay reps have not got I clue why its happening and then can't fix it
Old 11-02-2020

Well Well I went live today and all is good all my listings have been updated for MP
And I am able to list and revise my listing again maybe it had something to do with management payments that put my account into comfirm your account loop
Hopefully that's it sorted

Full stealth account
Doctored drivers license excepted
Doctored bank account details on statement excepted
So stealth is possible but who knows time will tell if it lasts
Old 11-02-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well Well I went live today and all is good all my listings have been updated for MP
And I am able to list and revise my listing again maybe it had something to do with management payments that put my account into comfirm your account loop
Hopefully that's it sorted

Full stealth account
Doctored drivers license excepted
Doctored bank account details on statement excepted
So stealth is possible but who knows time will tell if it lasts
Nice - hopefully it holds well and lasts long for you