Stuck at Custom status updated - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 10-13-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%
Default Stuck at Custom status updated

Hello everyone.

I have been research about this and find that this forum has a lot of people with knowledge about custom status.

My packages arrived in OH Friday October 2nd and it has taken out to further exam.
- on the next friday (Oct 9th) It shows to contact DHL so I called.
- DHL tell me that it was X-Ray and officers took it for investigation (open the box)
- 2 days later on Sunday, it updated to “Custom status updated”
- i click on + it said the shipment has Been given release by custom.
- i was expected them to delivery either Monday or Tuesday but they did not move.
- I called today DHL rep talk with Rudeness that My package was still in custom
And I told her that the status shows that it was released.
- she said “oh let me check and I’ll let them contact you back on Thursday 15th)
- she said it is maybe a glitch. (With rude attitude and keep sigh ugh ugh to the phone)

Please help me what does this mean? Is it because of the system error that’s why it shows “release by customs” or Am I worry too early? Normally they took 3-4 days after release from custom to delivery day?

Thank you so much, I really appreciated every answer

Last edited by pooki3pook; 10-14-2020 at 06:12 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Stuck at Custom status updated

Keep rining dhl and push them, if nothing is **** in parcel then nothing to worry
Old 10-14-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Keep rining dhl and push them, if nothing is **** in parcel then nothing to worry
Thank you!
Today DHL (same rude person) called me that my shipment is held by custom and it needs prove of Authenticity. And smth about Custom has right 30 days to exam the shipment. What i dont get is.. other person already called me about this last Friday before it changed to “release by custom” on Sunday. So why is this person called me and tell me the same thing?
Or the status release by custom is not valid?

I’m 100% that my purse is Authentic
I even have a care book and receipts...

Anyone experience this before?
Old 10-16-2020
Threadstarter  

Update again:
I called Customs and the officer told me that the package had deemed as counterfait (but i’m 10000% sure it is Authentic) however customs said he sent back the package to DHL so thr package is not with them right now and we should contact DHL. And he tell me the package was sent back to DHL on Oct 11 at 2pm (that was the same time as tracking shows “Package was release by customs”

Now I’m in the loop because I called DHL again and DHL supervisor inform that “the package was sent from custom and possible it is in transit” so I request it to send back to the shipper. And she said ok

4 hours After that call, another DHL called me again and said the custom seize my package and they cannot send back to Thailand. So I tell them again that I talked to customs officer in cincinnati and he said package was returned to DHL on sunday. I don’t get it.

What should I do and who to believe �� help me please
My wallets are all authentic but Used.

DHL said if the custom send back to them it’s mean it can be delivered But if they deems that counterfeit they will destroy and not send back.

But My friend whose used to be in my shoes said the custom did sent her package back to dhl and was able to return back to the shipper.

So what DHL told me is doesn’t make sense.
And why supervisor did confirm that it was returned from custom but can’t locate the box?

What should I do please helppp T^T
Old 10-16-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

I even have a care book and receipts.
------------------- are you the seller or the buyer?
is the item going to Thailand or coming from Thailand?

you sent for authentication ,where?In Thailand?
I hope you paid for them using a credit card/

US customs have experts who are often called to examine items-many jade is not jade,sterling silver is not 925 silver,ivory is not ivory.
One dealer goes to Thailand every year and bring back suitcase of sterling silver jewelry without declaring,one year he was searched and expert told him none of his sterling silver jewelry is silver at all,
So he is spared from customs duty,now he has t o find a way to sell them

OP brough them in Thailand have them shipped to USA,and customs said they are counterfeits .
If you can get hold of DHL and ask if there is appeal and who should you appeal to?
or may be look up customs website or seek advice from a lawyer.
since they are used and some have receipts,may be you still have a chance.
hindsight said my be you should break them up,mix with clothes in separate shipments and use the post office.
see DHL is business while post office is personal,customs may not care that much,if you mix with clothes and sandals

5k worth of goods,sound like business.

You keep saying some of them are yours?
You mean you used to own them and somehow they end up in Thailand and you bought them back?
Just because something is preown and vintage does not mean they cant be counterfeit,LV stuff have been counterfeited for many years,so some could have aged nicely.
authentication card can be ⊗⊗⊗⊗ too,
You can pressure DHL to speak t o customs and find out what really happen to your wallets.
They must have found some counterfeit ones in your shipment so decide the whole shipment is counterfeit,also Thailand is not exactly a place for genuine brand name stuff.
Years ago,there is a family selling brand new Chanel purse,wallets and small items on Ebay,Ebay shut them down,they claim they vacation to Paris each year and bought them off season from a Paris boutique at a discount price and showed their cc receipts, with name of the Paris boutique,but Ebay wont budge,I suspect Chanel is the one which reported them.

Many name brands are made in China,Prada,Satchi and Satchi,VF and many more,a factory in China which makes one name brand but not the others could be making counterfeits,using what ever leather,frame,lining they have available on the floor,thats why you need an expert or the manufacturer to tell the difference,like they dont use such grade and color of leather,lining,not the same metal frame or buckle,zipper,anyone can make an item with authentication number and a matching card.

Last edited by TGMT²; 10-18-2020 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-16-2020
Threadstarter  

I am the buyer and this is coming from Thailand.
Detail is I bought LV from Pre-own in Thailand and collecting it. And shipped it to US in 1 box using the third party shipping company that work with DHL.

I know it is 100% authentic because I send for authentication but it is not LV because LV never do authenticate ever. This is the registered business that pro of authenticate the LV purses.

Main thing is the most of them I mailed it here are wallets and only 2 handbags which I included original receipt from LV in the bag also.

I don’t understand why they state it ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and the officer said sent Back to DHL and one DHL supervisor said yes it is sent back and then few hours later another DHL called and said it is seized.

The customs officer never said the word seized but said it is with DHL since they send it back since sunday 11th.

I’m so lost :((
Someone have any experience about this?
Or any advice?

Please let me know, I appreciated
Old 10-16-2020
Executive [VIP]

First of all custom never released back to DHL if the found counterfeit item they simply seize the goods and send you letter in the post

Seems like customs giving you wrong info
Old 10-16-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I paid cash but I did authenticated and Know it is not ⊗⊗⊗⊗
One of the purse is belong to me which have the original receipt from the LV store in paris.

😭
Old 10-16-2020
Threadstarter  

How can I appeal for this? Since it contain many items that is for sure authentic (even if I know other wallets are all Authentic) but specific item that was belong to me has a original store receipts and 1 Chanel wallets have the Authentication card that can be check the code.

I’m so sad and stress.
I lost almost $5000 in that box..

I have a family to feed and because of covid I was laid off
I have to Bring those wallets and purses to resell but I never think that custom will not know how to differentiate the authentic and ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
Especially mine is all pre-own, most items is 1990s and it is a vintage wallets.

I just really stressful I dont know what to do. T^T
Old 10-16-2020
Executive [VIP]

Did you sent this package to Thailand? Is it your goods ?
Old 10-17-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I even have a care book and receipts.
------------------- are you the seller or the buyer?
is the item going to Thailand or coming from Thailand?

US customs have experts who are often called to examine items-many jade is not jade,sterling silver is not 925 silver,ivory is not ivory.
One dealer goes to Thailand every year and bring back suitcase of sterling silver jewelry without declaring,one year he was searched and expert told him none of his sterling silver jewelry is silver at all,
So he is spared from customs duty,now he has t o find a way to sell them

OP brough them in Thailand have them shipped to USA,and customs said they are counterfeits .
If you can get hold of DHL and ask if there is appeal and who should you appeal to?
or may be look up customs website or seek advice from a lawyer.
since they are used and some have receipts,may be you still have a chance.
hindsight said my be you should break them up,mix with clothes in separate shipments and use the post office.
see DHL is business while post office is personal,customs may not care that much,if you mix with clothes and sandals

5k worth of goods,sound like business.

Thank you, thank you!

Right now i’m still in the loop
Will call customs again on monday since DHL can’t figure out where is my shipment as of now because they said it is still with custom but they not sure why Tracking shows “Release by custom”
And customs officer told me it was send back to DHL and I have to deal with DHL after all.

So I will call customs again on Monday.
Already contact LV to look at pictures of my wallets and have not heard anything back.

After I know for sure it is seized with customs I may contact Customs attorney
PS. It’s 5k but it is only 30 wallets 2 handbags because it is Louis Vuitton that is why cost that much.

Do you know if Some of them are really F aake (But I don’t really think so)
And in the box I have almost half of stuff that’s mine that for sure it is Authentic
Can I get the one that for sure Authentic out?
Will they allow that? Because if some of them are faaake then I am the victim too. I’m not paying $2700 for ffaake “USED” wallets 😢

But Thank you everyone. I will update

Last edited by pooki3pook; 10-17-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-17-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Did you sent this package to Thailand? Is it your goods ?
It is being mailed from Thailand to US and as of now it is somewhere in US but I Can’t locate them since customs said its with DHL and DHL said its with custom. Its just like this —> Lol

I’m trying to see how can I give them the Authentication since some of the purses have a original receipt in it
Old 10-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Hi
I called custom again and this is different officer
He said “DHL have it. The package was released on Sunday Oct 11 and we don’t have it”
Custom said to push DHL because it is not with custom.

And then I called DHL rep said it is with custom and they will trace it.

�������� where is my shipment ��������
Old 10-19-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

arent they supposed to destroy it??
Old 10-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
arent they supposed to destroy it??
He said normally they not really seized it if they weren’t sure they will release it back to DHL to get more document or sometimes just cleared it.

In my case he said it is most likely been cleared and send back to DHL
No matter what My package is not In customs and DHL don’t know where the heck is my package. They said give it time maybe it’s in transit.

Is my package gone?! They lost it?!