[Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold) - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-17-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by combosaiyan View Post
Hi I have a question. If someone residing in the same household as you opens up their own separate ebay and paypal account on another computer would they too be blacklisted from paypal if my account is limited?
It could yes if the IP is the same. And address...

Have you read the stealth guide yet? If not, you need to.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
I've contacted and used aup@paypal.com before with Paypal. Though I haven't since 2018 to get a "un-appealable" suspension appealed. I'm not sure about this email you mentioned, or the thread to be honest but thanks for the update. I'll be reviewing it just for some guidance and knowledge that maybe I hadn't known prior.

You mentioned something and I think its important for everyone to know...

Usually whenever you find yourself with a serious limitation, or restriction and get that removed by internal teams, your account becomes unbelievably strong. All my accounts that have faced some sort of crossroads related to limitations (both eBay and Paypal) and I got them to remove it manually it from my experience removes a lot of internal security flags that could be triggered on the account. Every deep limitation or restriction I view it as a positive that once I fix it my account will just be that much stronger and with that mindset I always prevail. Even with a SSN limitation on a business account under stealth info (real ein etc) I got that appealed almost by luck but still happened.

I have one account on eBay where they did this and its practically untouchable. Someone manually removed the limitation I had, and I even recall asking him back in early 2018 "What if I get this triggered restriction again" He literally told me thats easy, I can flip the switch and prevent that from ever happening again. And since that happened its been like a diamond for me.
have you ever managed to remove the limitation on a stealth paypal account?
Old 10-29-2020

Longevity: 19%

I posted on another thread yesterday about the BBB not seeming to be very responsive to people from another country.

-------------------
PayPal, Inc. Response

10/13/2020
Dear ***** *****, Thank you for your recent correspondence to PayPal dated October 4, 2020. Your concerns were forwarded to PayPal's North America Executive Escalations office for review and response. As the account in question was created and is located in the United Kingdom, it is outside the scope and jurisdiction of this office. Additionally, we recommend you explore the options available in the User Agreement for your U.K. account. Although we were unable to address your specific concerns in this contact, we offer our sincere apologies for any difficulties that you may have experienced and hope this will soon address your concerns and answer any questions you have. Very sincerely yours, **** PayPal Executive Escalations

------------------

Also, it seems by their replies to complaints on the BBB they are appear to sometimes state they can't divulge their reasons why they have placed the permanent limitation on the account....

------------------
PayPal, Inc. Response

10-03-2020
....Our decision about holds, limitations and reserves may be based on confidential criteria that are essential to our management of risk and the protection of PayPal, our customers and/or service providers. We may use proprietary fraud and risk modeling when assessing the risk associated with your PayPal account. In addition, we may be restricted by regulation or a governmental authority from disclosing certain information to you about such decisions. We have no obligation to disclose the details of our risk management or security procedures to you. We regret any frustration or inconvenience you have experienced with our services. While I understand this was not the response you were hoping for, we believe we acted in good faith, and in accordance with our stated policies and User Agreement. I am glad I could provide further clarity into PayPal's actions regarding your account, and hope this response sufficiently addresses any concerns you may have had with this matter. Please feel free to contact PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations at ************************** if you have any questions or concerns or if we can be of further assistance. Sincerely, ******** PayPal Executive Escalations

---------------

I haven't gone through the BBB yet, just sent emails. I'm not sure if the BBB is the best route for non-US people to go through. Any constructive advice gratefully accepted.
Old 11-15-2020

Hey guys, I've emailed most of these emails, and even the others on the other thread with all the emails, and it seems I'm just getting the same copy-pasted message, stating that the decision is final and I can't withdraw the money for 180 days because I might get a chargeback. Additionally, it has been around 1.5 weeks.

Has anyone been successful in this without filing a claim before the court, as I cannot do as I am located in the UAE. If so please let me know with what you did.

Yours sincerely, meed.
Old 11-16-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by meedx View Post
Has anyone been successful in this without filing a claim before the court, as I cannot do as I am located in the UAE. If so please let me know with what you did.
I've been emailing them regularly for the past six months, and so far I have been completely ignored.
Old 11-16-2020

Hi folks,

I've been permanently limited today, after more than 3 years of using my personal account for selling digital goods, without any issues before.

After reading through this thread, I went to write an email to the suggested addresses, which may not be sophisticated enough for the purpose (I just explained what happened, and that I'm willing to cooperate and send any info they need to resolve my issue).

Not sure if it's gonna be enough, but I don't know if anything else can help....I'm pretty hopeless, honestly.
Old 11-18-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal1995 View Post
Yaay I got my paypal account reinstatedd from permanent limitation, but not yet for my ebay account.
Could you please help me with that?
I contacted you several times, I know you re busy with your issues, but I really need your help
Thank you
That is great to hear. I am wondering how long was your process in getting your account restored? I would love to know. I am currently going through the same issue waiting for their response. I currently have 25k usd on hold and it is causing cashflow issue with my business
Old 11-18-2020

Need tracking number for etsy
Old 11-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajforever View Post
Need tracking number for etsy
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 11-21-2020

Thank you for this information, got locked today as well.

I'm just a freelance artist, with no regirested business, only regirested as self-employed, but since paypal doesn't have this option, I was using paypal as personal account.

I had a spike in sellings at the end of october which is why it may have been suspended, but it only happened from somewhere from 26 to 30th of october, so I'm not sure why it was locked now. Alternatively, I was linking my other bank account, and forgot to verify it for the period of 20 days, but this doesn't seem like something that would cause a suspension.

I wrote to a few addresses listed here already as well, so I guess now I need to simply wait.
Old 11-21-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitBoy View Post
Thank you for this information, got locked today as well.

I'm just a freelance artist, with no regirested business, only regirested as self-employed, but since paypal doesn't have this option, I was using paypal as personal account.

I had a spike in sellings at the end of october which is why it may have been suspended, but it only happened from somewhere from 26 to 30th of october, so I'm not sure why it was locked now. Alternatively, I was linking my other bank account, and forgot to verify it for the period of 20 days, but this doesn't seem like something that would cause a suspension.

I wrote to a few addresses listed here already as well, so I guess now I need to simply wait.

Old 11-21-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

http://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s
I surely hope that I won't need to resort to something like this.
Old 11-21-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitBoy View Post
I surely hope that I won't need to resort to something like this.
Hope not

When pp suspended you, were there steps provided to do in order for reinstatement consideration?
Old 11-21-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Hope not

When pp suspended you, were there steps provided to do in order for reinstatement consideration?

No, it was an instant permament lock, and that money I had there will be directed to me in 180 days.
Old 11-21-2020

Longevity: 24%
Send a message via Skype™ to Glamoriza

Congratulations to get your account restored again, I'm trying my chance and I will share the results with you soon
Old 11-22-2020

Talking Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

OMG, thank you for your help. my account got restored. I lost hope because I called the support and they said that I had multiple limited accounts which is true. About 6 days later after emailing them and this morning I got an email saying my account got restored! If you need help PM me I will give you my email template! Note I had 30k usd locked up and it messed up my cashflow, I kinda felt like giving up but I didn't and kept moving.

My experience timeframe and what I did.

Time frame
Day 1 : I emailed the AUP, Appeals, office and opened a BBB (They have not responded to my BBB yet) and prayed to God daily to help restore my account (I know it sounds corny)
Day 2 : I Revised my email after accepting the fact and calmed down and sent it to the ppelce@paypal.com
Day 7 : I got an email saying that my account has been restored. (they have not responded to my BBB yet)

I am not sure which emails looked at my appeal as I never got a reply but an email from server@paypal.com saying that my account has been restored.

Even though I had many accounts under my name and address that was permanently limited which is against their terms, they still restored my account I want to give hope to business owners who had past accounts that were perm limited.

What I included in my email.

Dear PayPal Team.
1. I explained the current situation with my account.
2. I explained that I agree with paypal decisions to limit accounts to prevent fraud and odd activities making PayPal community safe for all buyers which I am all for it.
3. Explained my business model
4. Kindly asked paypal to review my account once again
5. I provided all my business documents on a google drive. (Business Trade name certificate, Tax returns, All invoices in 2020, all tracking on an excel sheet, Passport ID, CRA Business number, CRA GST/HST Number, my business chart showing QC and order fulfillment process.
6. I summarized everything, asked once again to review my account as I believe this may be a system or human error.

I want to thank Hanginthere for this post which gave me hope. I can confirm that this still works in NOV 2020

Last edited by Kevinh1; 11-22-2020 at 04:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevinh1 For This Useful Post:
drakehound (12-04-2020), rainbowrocket (12-31-2020)
Old 11-24-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinh1 View Post
OMG, thank you for your help. my account got restored. I lost hope because I called the support and they said that I had multiple limited accounts which is true. About 6 days later after emailing them and this morning I got an email saying my account got restored! If you need help PM me I will give you my email template! Note I had 30k usd locked up and it messed up my cashflow, I kinda felt like giving up but I didn't and kept moving.

Time frame
Day 1 : I emailed the AUP, Appeals, office and opened a BBB (They have not responded to my BBB yet) and prayed to God daily to help restore my account (I know it sounds corny)
Day 2 : I Revised my email after accepting the fact and calmed down and sent it to the ppelce@paypal.com
Day 7 : I got an email saying that my account has been restored. (they have not responded to my BBB yet)

I am not sure which emails looked at my appeal as I never got a reply but an email from server@paypal.com saying that my account has been restored.

Even though I had many accounts under my name and address that was permanently limited which is against their terms, they still restored my account I want to give hope to business owners who had past accounts that were perm limited.

Dear PayPal Team.
2. I explained that I agree with paypal decisions to limit accounts to prevent fraud and odd activities making PayPal community safe for all buyers which I am all for it.
5. I provided all my business documents on a google drive. (Business Trade name certificate, Tax returns, All invoices in 2020, all tracking on an excel sheet, Passport ID, CRA Business number, CRA GST/HST Number, my business chart showing QC and order fulfillment process.
6. I summarized everything, asked once again to review my account as I believe this may be a system or human error.

I want to thank Hanginthere for this post which gave me hope. I can confirm that this still works in NOV 2020
can you give me ur discord or something so i can talk to u please
Old 11-25-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinh1 View Post

Time frame

Dear PayPal Team.

Hi Kevinh1! I was really confused and didn't know what to do.

I have just received notice from paypal for both accounts including: personal account and business account that both my accounts have been permanently banned from paypal and the balance is kept 180 days.

I really don't know what to do next. Can you give me the appeal form you sent to paypal? I will be very grateful to you for this if my account is restored.

Now, my business has collapsed completely.

What a great thanksgiving gift from paypal.
Old 11-26-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangInThere View Post
Ah man, that sucks to hear!

Something that just crossed my mind, which I should have mentioned in the post, is that you most definitely need to include the Case ID in all your emails (even better if in the subject too). Messaging from the PayPal email address should be an obvious one.

What emails/departments did you contact? And how many working days since?

Regarding legal action, I'm sure you acknowledge that ends your relationship with PayPal for good. Our resolution took 19 days, so it should serve as a reminder that a lot of time and persistence is required to get your desired result. As business has likely ceased anyway, you should initiate as many processes as you can, which have all been outlined in the post (and that includes the US-specific, BBB website, even though you're in the UK - it did still open another door for us and has proven extremely helpful when complaining to other huge US companies).

Like you said, recovering funds is a matter of time, not a decision, so keep your focus on restoring for now. I'd be happy to help tweak your letter, as whoever at PayPal read it (or not) would have no other reference to understand your business and it's latest changes from A to Z. If not, no worries - I can instead send you our letter if you wish, to see how we approached it.
Dear Hanginthere !

This morning, that is another day until thanksgiving.

Paypal sent me a notification that my personal and business accounts have been canceled. And what's worse is that more than 50k USD in 2 accounts was held for 180 days. Worst of all, our ebay store immediately shut down, and our business seemed to have completely collapsed because of this announcement.

It took a long time for me to calm down and find the cause of this problem, and your tutorial article is the destination.

I spent several hours drafting a draft complaint and also rereading paypal's user agreement.

The first account I make a sale is a personal account that uses my SSN to register, after a while I transfer my personal account to the business account. In the process, I met the limit many times, but in the end I managed to overcome it.

When my revenue reached a large threshold, I met a tax officer who advised me to convert my business from a sole proprietorship to an LLC.

After the effort, a company was formed, and all I had to do was create a new paypal for my company.

At that moment I knew that creating two accounts with the same owner would be against paypal's user agreement, so I contacted the paypal staff through the message support.

He told me that I can use the company's EIN number issued by IRS to create an account with.

And this doesn't theoretically go against the paypal user agreement.

and I started linking my company paypal account to my ebay account earlier this November.

And today what I got back is that both of my accounts were locked.

I have written a appeal explaining about all of the issues following your instructions And I also attach documents regarding our company. I hope everything goes well and my account will be restored.

If you have read my case and can give me some advice then I would be very grateful for that.

Be safe and have a great Thanksgiving Day !!!
Old 11-26-2020

Longevity: 69%

has anyone been to the financia omnibudsmen stage under a stealth?
Old 11-26-2020

thank for the guide reading through it now have tried stage 1 will let u guys know and girls how i come along
Old 11-26-2020

Okay quick question- my stealth got banned for being 'high risk' ive found out and i think the risk was selling digital goods - guides/books (which i have since 2013) and then secondly because i recently sold 7-8 mobile phones totalling 4k.
I have written what i thought was a very calm email using the thread to aup and appeals today how long do you guys think you'd wait before emailing the next stage? is there anyone who can help look over my letter to them?