Paypal just closed a SNAD case I filed without my consent!!!(RANT) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Paypal just closed a SNAD case I filed without my consent!!!(RANT)

Hey. I recently purchased two pairs of designer shoes on ebay. The shoes I received were no name brand like from payless...clearly a scam. I immediately filed SNAD on paypal, and was told I'd get a refund for them once I could confirm they were returned. **This is where I'm concerned that I might have screwed myself** - I didn't upload the tracking info for their return until the deadline. I mean, it said tracking should be added by the 31st....I added it on the 31st. Not sure if that means I was right on, or 1 day over. Still...at the time I uploaded the tracking info, the case was still open, and accepted the tracking info. I also was sent a message right after, thanking me for uploading tracking, and saying that I'd be given the refund once delivery was confirmed. Now 5 days later, I just got a message from paypal saying Investigation Complete "Because you reported that this claim has been amicably resolved, this case has been closed." I NEVER SAID THAT!! I just emailed paypal to try to get an explanation, but I'm truly speechless. I don't know what to do. Now I've lost the $ I spent for the shoes, and I no longer have the shoes to prove what I was sent if I need to file a police report (the shoes were worth nearly $1k, so it's a big deal to me). Anyone have any ideas? Would they go back on their previous mail after seeing the tracking was added late...even though they initially accepted it? Did someone access my account without my knowing and change the claim on me? I'm so confused. Any insight is appreciated =(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-05-2009

Longevity: 88%

Happened to me once over a item not recieved claim... The seller never sent the package, I filed a dispute, and then did everything Paypal asked, a few days later I got an email asking me to take a surveyand telling me that the claim had been resolved and case closed because I failed to respond. Even though I DID respond, to everythign they asked. I email them and
only get a scripted response. You should call and see what you can get out of them, its possible that you could find someone there that would give you a response thats not coming directly out of a manual.
Old 11-05-2009

Longevity: 84%

You BOTH need to call paypal. As a former powerseller on Ebay I can tell you that what appears to be "mistakes" IS really calculated fraud or ineptness on their part. If you think of all the people who are in similar cases, sellers AND buyers you'd realize that every day that paypal holds the money (which they do) they make interest on your dilema. CALL THEM and tell them you never got the refund because I can assure you (having been on the other end) they might have closed the case...but have NOT given the money back to the seller because they seller has to PROVE he returned the item via tracking as well.
Old 11-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

once is correct. In cases this this, you must be prepared to call paypal. Ask for a supervisor and then present your case. It is a known fact that responses will be generic & you may have to do extra to get the correct resolution.
Old 11-09-2009

I had a case once where delivery confirmation shows it being delivered to another city 6 hours away. Needless to say, I didn't get the package and when I filed a claim, PayPal closed it after a few days because tracking shows it was delivered without even bothering to read my description of why I was filing the case.

Needless to say, I called PayPal and was connected to a wonderful woman who agreed with me and reopened the case. I got my refund a few days later.
Old 11-09-2009

Did you use a credit card to fund the purchase through PayPal - if so CHARGEBACK!

If it was from your Bank/debit card dispute the transaction there.

If you used your PayPal balance the only option is to do as suggested and ring PayPal (which you should do eitherway).

CaptainJack
Old 11-11-2009
Threadstarter  

No it was all paid with paypal balance =(
Old 11-16-2009
Threadstarter  

As an update....I've been emailing paypal non stop since this whole thing started, and they just now sent me a message titled "appeal of case #blahblah". I didn't even know they had granted me an appeal, so I was happy just seeing the title. My happiness quickly faded as I read...

"The information you supplied is insufficient for us to track the shipment
of the merchandise. As a result, we are unable to grant your claim appeal
at this time."

I was completely baffled. I thought as soon as they reopened the case and saw that I did what I was supposed to, I'd have my $ returned. I immediately checked the tracking info I provided, and was shocked to discover that the tracking info in fact did not prove the item was delivered to the seller. It was delivered to someone else! I am now absolutely beside myself. After the whole situation with paypal closing my case for no reason, now they reopen it and reclose it because the returned package was delivered to (and signed by) the wrong person.

How is this even possible? I sent the item to the correct address (and addressee), and I still have the little pink signature conf. receipt tag thing to prove it....But tracking it online shows that it was delivered to someone in Nevada rather than the person it was sent to in California =( Now what do I do? I have close to $1k riding on this (which is a lot for me), so I really need a way to convince paypal to refund me. Any suggestions are appreciated.