Managed payments charges you the full FVF on CUSTOMS FEES paid by buyer. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-15-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Re: Managed payments charges you the full FVF on CUSTOMS FEES paid by buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Some states have almost 10% sales tax. so that's $3 extra. Trust me, I AM right. You can see the fine print on ebays own website. I copied it directly from their site.
Well damnit... I was hoping you were wrong! I'm not selling with MP yet, so haven't witnessed.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2020
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Managed payments charges you the full FVF on CUSTOMS FEES paid by buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
Well damnit... I was hoping you were wrong! I'm not selling with MP yet, so haven't witnessed.
yeah lol well I was also hoping I was wrong.
Old 09-15-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
There are some countries that require ebay to collect those fees themselves. Australia and New Zealand come to mind. The shipping labels even have a code attached to them corresponding with that.
Australia,if buyer bought under $500? has to pay customs duty,yes,Etsy and Ebay will collect them and remit to Aussie givernemnt,same like to our states,but shouldnot charge FVF,may be you can point out to them
Old 09-15-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Australia,if buyer bought under $500? has to pay customs duty,yes,Etsy and Ebay will collect them and remit to Aussie givernemnt,same like to our states,but shouldnot charge FVF,may be you can point out to them
They don't care. It's a tax, and they charge FVF on the purchase price, which includes taxes.
Old 09-16-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
You don't appear to understand my post. Do tell me what I don't understand exactly.
You said ' I just thought it was only for US sales tax. That was bad enough. But it's also for countries that charge VAT. Which is WAY more than sales tax'.

EU sellers have always paid fees on VAT because we can't advertise ex-VAT prices. Even private sellers unloading their junk are effectively VAT inclusive prices as are non-VAT registered business sellers. It is nothing new nor a scam by ebay, that's why I said you do not understand VAT.
Old 09-16-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon263 View Post
You said ' I just thought it was only for US sales tax. That was bad enough. But it's also for countries that charge VAT. Which is WAY more than sales tax'.

EU sellers have always paid fees on VAT because we can't advertise ex-VAT prices. Even private sellers unloading their junk are effectively VAT inclusive prices as are non-VAT registered business sellers. It is nothing new nor a scam by ebay, that's why I said you do not understand VAT.
LOLOL. I understand vat just fine. We never paid fees for buyers having to pay vat. How is this a hard concept for you to understand? I'm sorry you live in the EU, but that's not how America has ever worked. We have our fair share of bureaucracy and government meddling in business, but the EU goes above and beyond. And I do NOT want to pay higher costs, because your idiotic governments are money hungry.

By the way. How is it that I can sell on ebay uk, and not advertise with vat cost included. HMM???

The other completely stupid thing, is how sellers have to refund buyers SHIPPING costs for returns, when the buyer was an idiot and bought the wrong thing.
Old 09-16-2020

Quote:
By the way. How is it that I can sell on ebay uk, and not advertise with vat cost included.
For the same reason as I can sell on .com and not pay sales tax. I thought you understood VAT.

You are wrongly confusing how sales tax is treated in the US to how VAT is in the EU. I repeat, ebay have not introduced additional fees via Managed payments on VAT as you implied.

With regards to refunding outgoing shipping costs (not return costs) for change of mind purchases that is merely ebay enforcing EU law. It might seem stupid to you but it's not ebays doing whatever you might think.
Old 09-16-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon263 View Post
For the same reason as I can sell on .com and not pay sales tax. I thought you understood VAT.

You are wrongly confusing how sales tax is treated in the US to how VAT is in the EU. I repeat, ebay have not introduced additional fees via Managed payments on VAT as you implied.

With regards to refunding outgoing shipping costs (not return costs) for change of mind purchases that is merely ebay enforcing EU law. It might seem stupid to you but it's not ebays doing whatever you might think.
If you're selling on .com, to a US buyer, then the buyer is paying sales tax. WTF are you talking about.

And yes, ebay has introduced additional fees via managed payments on vat. I didn't imply ****. I stated it categorically. I NEVER paid fvf on VAT paid by my buyers, until managed payments came along, and now I am. How is this so freaken hard for you to understand? I mean, jesus guy.

And yeah, it IS ebay's doing. They don't have to charge me 12.5% on the vat. It's absurd that they charge it on sales tax, or even on shipping cost.Charging a transaction fee, makes sense. But you can't ****en charge a fvf on money the seller isn't even touching. The fact that you're defending this practice, is beyond me.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (09-17-2020)
Old 09-17-2020

Quote:
And yes, ebay has introduced additional fees via managed payments on vat..
I repeat, no they haven't.

Show me one, just one, complaint on any of the EU ebay forums to confirm they're now charging fees on VAT under Managed Payments where they didn't under their old structure.
Old 10-29-2020

Longevity: 60%

I noticed the same thing today, ebay charges commission on sales tax which they collect it away from our pockets. My question is, is this legal in US? According to the Marketplace Facilitator Act - is it illegal to charge FVF on sales tax - its NOT part of the sale - its simply a tax FROM THE BUYER to the sate the seller is in.

Quote:
Man, they claimed managed payments would make things cheaper than using paypal. BULL****. paying 12.5% fvf on the customs fees a buyer pays, is insane. I don't even understand how that's legal.
Old 10-29-2020

is it really FVF fee or the merchant account fee.like PAYPAL will charge 2.9 %?(2.9% of total payment which includes sales tax )
Old 10-29-2020

Longevity: 36%

I'm getting off of eBay shortly anyways, eBay is turning into a crap show. Time to move on for me I guess. Going to make my $$$ and move onto my other goals
Old 10-29-2020

I mean, it's ok if they charge commission (FVF) on the sales tax as well, but in this case, the commission we need to pay for them is much higher than PayPal: 2.9% for PayPal on total value, but 12.35% for ebay.

Ebay always asks seller to describe accurate for the item we sell on the listing, but why they can not do it by themselves? On the invitation letter they tried to sell to seller, if we use managed payment, we can pay less than how we pay to PayPal - but which is not, because they didn't mention this sales tax is also will be charged 12.35% but on PayPal it's only 2.9%.

Isn't that a cheating? What's the difference than a ebay seller try to sell a product which is totally doesn't match his description?

Double standard. Feel so sick.
The Following User Says Thank You to likefrasers For This Useful Post:
james13v (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020

someone should point out to ebay to change the way they charge,
Old 10-29-2020

Longevity: 24%

Is this just in the USA or would they do the same in the UK ?
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
is it really FVF fee or the merchant account fee.like PAYPAL will charge 2.9 %?(2.9% of total payment which includes sales tax )
as I had mentioned, it's the full FVF. Not the processing fee.
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaywanton View Post
Is this just in the USA or would they do the same in the UK ?
I'd assume they would do the same thing there, yes. But obviously your taxes would be different. Results may vary. Is managed payments in the UK yet?
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
I mean, it's ok if they charge commission (FVF) on the sales tax as well, but in this case, the commission we need to pay for them is much higher than PayPal: 2.9% for PayPal on total value, but 12.35% for ebay.

Ebay always asks seller to describe accurate for the item we sell on the listing, but why they can not do it by themselves? On the invitation letter they tried to sell to seller, if we use managed payment, we can pay less than how we pay to PayPal - but which is not, because they didn't mention this sales tax is also will be charged 12.35% but on PayPal it's only 2.9%.

Isn't that a cheating? What's the difference than a ebay seller try to sell a product which is totally doesn't match his description?

Double standard. Feel so sick.
as I said, it gets even worse when you sell to places like Australia, because they charge VAT, which is WAY more than US sales tax.

Some people will pay less on managed payments tho. And some people will pay more. And no, none of it is clear or understandable. Just how ebay likes it.
Old 10-29-2020

Yes, exactly as I said they didn't mention this in the invitation letter, they only tell you, you will pay less, which is not!

How can we complain this kind of "doesn't match description" selling behavior??

Quote:
Some people will pay less on managed payments tho. And some people will pay more. And no, none of it is clear or understandable. Just how ebay likes it.
The Following User Says Thank You to likefrasers For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-06-2020)
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
Yes, exactly as I said they didn't mention this in the invitation letter, they only tell you, you will pay less, which is not!

How can we complain this kind of "doesn't match description" selling behavior??
how can we complain? we can easily lol. but it's not going to solve anything. Cause they don't care. At all.
Old 10-29-2020

Longevity: 20%

I think they're trying to discourage sellers from using the gsp
Old 10-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENDEN76 View Post
I think they're trying to discourage sellers from using the gsp
this isn't about GSP. But even if it was, why would ebay possibly want to discourage sellers from using GSP?